Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GTS76 is my turbo....its not really a STS set up anymore, modified too much. I am still here in the ol' USA for now. 1st of the year i am gone.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
Who wouldn't be worried about loosing money .... you guys come over here and wont even let us try to set up an even matched race... Why dont we just give you are money now .... No wonder why you guys come to fort wayne to race you probably have had your *** beat ( not in races ) for talking so much bullshit about your setups everywhere else you tried pulling this ****.... What the **** move on no one wants to listen to your **** anymore guys its getting really old

Are you kidding me?
Actually I have never had a problem in the street racing community anywhere.
I have been to alot of towns to street race and actually you are the first person to whine about being fair and whining about us talking bullshit about our setups.

We let everyone in the lot look under the hoods and all around and in the cars how is that NOT fair?

If people dont know what they are looking at is that our fault? Do we need to show build sheets and ET slips to be fair?

What bullshit?
Were you even there at the lot?
Were you trying to set up a race that seemed unfair?
Did you feel bullshitted by us that night?
Do you even street race?
Old 06-16-2008, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Starfire1 your so right.......

I know I can look at the outside of a motor and know exactly whats in it, what size, compression ratio, cam, etc. I can definitely guess how much power its making based on what color the block is painted. Why not just be honest? There doesn't seem to be a point in lying. If someone asks you what you have then tell them. Btw get your *** down here and we can definitely set you up with some faster cars.......
Old 06-16-2008, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SDB
I was always game to race for $$ and traveled out of town to race. That was when it was fun and lots of people raced. Now I just drive around in a hillbilly pick up truck with my two dogs and find internet ******.
yea it seem like the whole racing seen is dieing and when a few guys like use try to keep it going all we here is people crying about it....
Old 06-16-2008, 11:10 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BWH2003

I know I can look at the outside of a motor and know exactly whats in it, what size, compression ratio, cam, etc. I can definitely guess how much power its making based on what color the block is painted. Why not just be honest? There doesn't seem to be a point in lying. If someone asks you what you have then tell them. Btw get your *** down here and we can definitely set you up with some faster cars.......
Old 06-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Well if it looks like a sbc I would guess 383 plus.
Really who builds 350's anymore?
If its a first gen sbc you can "see" if its 23° heads or something else. You can "see" if its a stock block or aftermarket. You can "see" if its a plate single or dual stage or plate and fogger or whatever.
You can "see" if its a sbf or sbc with 2" plus headers
You can "see" if its a Dominator or 4150.
You can "see" what intake it has.
You can "see if its turbo or supercharged intercooled or not, meth or not. You can "see" if it also has spray with turbo or supercharger.
You can "see" if it has Dart heads or AFR heads etc by the castings.
You can "see" what size turbo or supercharger it has and what kind of boost its capable of.
You can "hear" if its cammin or not. You can smell if its on pump gas or race gas.
You can hear if its a sb that sounds like a big block.

You can "see" if its stock suspension or 4 link or ladder bar. You can "See" if its adjustable shocks etc.
You can "see" whats inside the car (progressive boost control etc)unless hidden.
You can "see" what tire it has
You can "see" if its a BB.

You can "see" what ford block it may have.

All these things you can see and hear should give you an idea of what it may be able to run.

Last edited by Starfire1; 06-16-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bbsgtosscav

wow, way to much time on your hands to look all that up, i really dont care, but the big stereo levels out the 50/50 weight transfer any ways its still a cavalier.
LOL. Not all of us just race in straight lines. I'm far more obsessive with suspension/brakes then I am horsepower. It pays to do research on things like that, suspension/brake combinations can be a real SOB to match up well.

It is a Cavalier, but hey, it's at least shiny.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kline454
yea it seem like the whole racing seen is dieing and when a few guys like use try to keep it going all we here is people crying about it....
No, people get annoyed when a bunch of people come down, try to run for money and generally act like douchebags.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Teching In

You are the other red cobra with the 3.4 whipple arent you? I remember seeing you around last summer, havent seen you around lately.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 03cobra545
You are the other red cobra with the 3.4 whipple arent you? I remember seeing you around last summer, havent seen you around lately.
Yeah thats me. I have been cruising around on the weeekends. I think I have stopped at halls once so far. I normally stop there when I see people I know. The red 03 cobra with the satin rims is gone. He sold it about a month ago.

Do you have a 2.3L or 3.4L ?
Old 06-16-2008, 03:23 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Starfire1
Well if it looks like a sbc I would guess 383 plus.
Really who builds 350's anymore?
If its a first gen sbc you can "see" if its 23° heads or something else. You can "see" if its a stock block or aftermarket. You can "see" if its a plate single or dual stage or plate and fogger or whatever.
You can "see" if its a sbf or sbc with 2" plus headers
You can "see" if its a Dominator or 4150.
You can "see" what intake it has.
You can "see if its turbo or supercharged intercooled or not, meth or not. You can "see" if it also has spray with turbo or supercharger.
You can "see" if it has Dart heads or AFR heads etc by the castings.
You can "see" what size turbo or supercharger it has and what kind of boost its capable of.
You can "hear" if its cammin or not. You can smell if its on pump gas or race gas.
You can hear if its a sb that sounds like a big block.

You can "see" if its stock suspension or 4 link or ladder bar. You can "See" if its adjustable shocks etc.
You can "see" whats inside the car (progressive boost control etc)unless hidden.
You can "see" what tire it has
You can "see" if its a BB.

You can "see" what ford block it may have.

All these things you can see and hear should give you an idea of what it may be able to run.
Exactly! However, on newer cars it is somewhat harder, to see the finer points. But when you see a car with big headers, seroius tires/suspension, etc. and you are definatley at a disadvantage, then you have to haggle for lengths etc. Its all part of the game. I never really cared when I asked someone, I knew it was a lie. Its as much knowing what they got as how fast your car is. Weather, street conditions, etc all play a big part in it too.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've never been a fan of "give me x lengths" crap. Too much like bracket racing for me. Run what you brung or go home. Then again, I suppose if I raced for money it might be different. As is, I have no fear of losing (and have lost many times, and full well plan on losing many more times).
Old 06-16-2008, 04:45 PM

Scott you were never honest about any of the races you were in. Nor were you honest about how much was done to your vette or what the car ran. You always told people different times that it ran at the track with no time slips to prove it. It was like bringing a tommy gun to knife fight. The people you scamed out of there money never had a chance. One thing for curtan your vette had the best parts mommy and daddy could buy for it. At least your camaro did run fast and you had time slips to prove it.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kline454
Yeah its cool we all know your scared!!
I'm not scared...just not together to do anything about it. I told you once before when she is back on the street, I won't mind one bit about taking your money
Old 06-16-2008, 05:23 PM
11 Second Club

I may just throw a "Put Darren's Car back together Party"....any takers please PM me as I will provide the and eats!! as soon as the rear end gets here I will post this up again. PM me if interested.

D
Old 06-16-2008, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

Shawn, wheres that reducer for the radiator (68 Cutlass)??
Old 06-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Yeah thats me. I have been cruising around on the weeekends. I think I have stopped at halls once so far. I normally stop there when I see people I know. The red 03 cobra with the satin rims is gone. He sold it about a month ago.

Do you have a 2.3L or 3.4L ?
3.4 for me. I just got the tune about dialed in so I am still getting used to it. Rick at amazon did mine. If I recall correctly you had RWTD do yours didnt you?
I am occasionally at Halls too.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS1875
Shawn, wheres that reducer for the radiator (68 Cutlass)??
D

PM sent.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
D

PM sent.
Returned it to you.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 03cobra545
3.4 for me. I just got the tune about dialed in so I am still getting used to it. Rick at amazon did mine. If I recall correctly you had RWTD do yours didnt you?
I am occasionally at Halls too.
Yeah RWTD did mine but I am already planning on getting it retuned by Rick. RWTD did a good job but they are impossible to get ahold of. Hopefully I will see you at halls this summer. I still have a new clutch and headers to put on but once Im done with those im done for good. Btw dont buy centerforce what a piece of **** its been.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!