Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Azar
So much talk of Fords in here I'm getting confused!
X2

Originally Posted by halucinator
I guess I'm getting my headers Friday (hopefully after 3 month wait). Cross your fingers guys.
What headers are ya gettin?
Old 06-17-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any of you guys runnin e85?
Old 06-17-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackz6sp

What headers are ya gettin?
I'm finally getting the set of Lamonte Performance Parts Polished SS headers. Headers and Y-pipe for $650. I've been waiting patiently for 3 months now, since I wasn't in a hurry to get them. Now just to get a parts list of everything I need to order to install Headers. I know I'm gonna need 3 lapjoint clamps and 1 butt joint clamp, header bolts, 02 extensions, Heat tape, I need a new catback also. I hope he is shipping them with gaskets from what he said earlier in the threads.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm finally getting the set of Lamonte Performance Parts Polished SS headers. Headers and Y-pipe for $650. I've been waiting patiently for 3 months now, since I wasn't in a hurry to get them. Now just to get a parts list of everything I need to order to install Headers. I know I'm gonna need 3 lapjoint clamps and 1 butt joint clamp, header bolts, 02 extensions, Heat tape, I need a new catback also. I hope he is shipping them with gaskets from what he said earlier in the threads.
Emission block off plates, plugs, wires, a tune, oil and a filter, and bandages.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Hey Chad,

I've been really busy these past few weeks. Working full time then going to class for 3 hours afterwards, then after class I come home to do homework....Yeah, I have a ton of free time! Then on the weekends I usually go to party with my friends or weddings. This past week I was a groomsmen for one of my closet friends wedding.

But class ends next week, so I'm stoked!

Blake,

C'mon man, did you really expect anything different from a car that was engineered by *****?

My mail truck is being a bitch anyways, I took a turn hard and everything was good, next turn? Sounds like my wheel is going to come off...haven't had time to look at it yet. Maybe I will tomorrow.

Nick,

Blake (DigitalSolo) was running E85 on his RX-7 until he tore it down to build a bigger, better RX-7. (Damn him) I'm sure he'll pop in here and tell of the wonders that E85 brings, especially the new exhaust smell. (Vodka)

Ben,

Shocker isn't joking about bandages, those gaskets are god damned sharp. I cut myself pretty good putting in my longtubes.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BWH2003
I refuse to do the cooling mod. Im going to prove once and for all this mod is a joke. It has no proof that it actually works plus once you understand the flow of the 4.6 L cooling system it makes it a worthless mod in my opinion. Until they can show me proof it works with hard data I will not waste money on it.

Btw so far with my data logging the temps in the cars cooling system have been perfectly normal at all times even under full boost.
I have been monitoring my temps also. I have never seen more than 210 degrees after making 4 hard pulls at full boost. Mind you i am only running a max of 10psi though. I took out the block drain on the drivers side of the block next to the bellhousing and clutch cable. and i am running autometer electric gauges. I believe this is a more accurate location rather than on the coolant crossover tube.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:53 AM
Launching!

whats up guys figured i would jump on and say hey
Old 06-18-2008, 05:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beast
any of you guys runnin e85?
Phuk no!

Originally Posted by Azar
Hey Chad,

I've been really busy these past few weeks. Working full time then going to class for 3 hours afterwards, then after class I come home to do homework....Yeah, I have a ton of free time! Then on the weekends I usually go to party with my friends or weddings. This past week I was a groomsmen for one of my closet friends wedding.

But class ends next week, so I'm stoked!

Blake,

C'mon man, did you really expect anything different from a car that was engineered by *****?

My mail truck is being a bitch anyways, I took a turn hard and everything was good, next turn? Sounds like my wheel is going to come off...haven't had time to look at it yet. Maybe I will tomorrow.

Nick,

Blake (DigitalSolo) was running E85 on his RX-7 until he tore it down to build a bigger, better RX-7. (Damn him) I'm sure he'll pop in here and tell of the wonders that E85 brings, especially the new exhaust smell. (Vodka)

Ben,

Shocker isn't joking about bandages, those gaskets are god damned sharp. I cut myself pretty good putting in my longtubes.

Stop making excuses and get your *** out to Halls this weeknd!!!! Did you get that thing on the dyno yet or what?
Old 06-18-2008, 06:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mightybird
whats up guys figured i would jump on and say hey
Whats up, what do you drive? I'm guessing by your name that its some kind of bird
Old 06-18-2008, 06:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by krobinson123
Whats up, what do you drive? I'm guessing by your name that its some kind of bird
It's a yellow birdie.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nick,

I run E85 in my RX7. Nothing really major to do, I put in bigger injectors and retuned the car. It runs great, and actually dropped a few degrees in normal running coolant temp. I have all teflon braided hose and anodized aluminum in my fuel system though, from the pump to the injectors. I lost about 15-20% on my fuel milage, but was spending 1.10 less per gallon filling up, so it was about equal.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by regalgs
Scott you were never honest about any of the races you were in. Nor were you honest about how much was done to your vette or what the car ran. You always told people different times that it ran at the track with no time slips to prove it. It was like bringing a tommy gun to knife fight. The people you scamed out of there money never had a chance. One thing for curtan your vette had the best parts mommy and daddy could buy for it. At least your camaro did run fast and you had time slips to prove it.
DAMN SCOTT HE IS CALLING YOU OUT.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:34 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't help it that i was the one bringing a tommygun to a knife fight!
Old 06-18-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Regular

Nothing Wrong With That At All.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CALL911
Phuk no!
Why the hell not?

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Nick,

I run E85 in my RX7. Nothing really major to do, I put in bigger injectors and retuned the car. It runs great, and actually dropped a few degrees in normal running coolant temp. I have all teflon braided hose and anodized aluminum in my fuel system though, from the pump to the injectors. I lost about 15-20% on my fuel milage, but was spending 1.10 less per gallon filling up, so it was about equal.
Honda fuel systems from the factory are good to go on e85, but I've got a Walbro 255, didn't know if those are compatible with e85 or not. How much more fuel and timing did you have to add compared to a pump gas tune? I've heard 30% more fuel and +3* timing as a starter, but thats on a Honda... Do you moniter egt's? Did they go up? Plannin on getting a sheet metal IM and bigger TB, Neukin equal length qp with a 44mm WG, swapping cams, and bumping it up to 1600cc injectors at the time of the retune... I really wanna bump up my motor's VE a bit.

Last edited by The Beast; 06-18-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by SDB
I can't help it that i was the one bringing a tommygun to a knife fight!
I didn't meen it in a bad way. The way he bullshitted the other racers was like a spider waiting to jump on its pray. That takes talent ,And Yes SDB was the tommy gun in the knife fight. More Like the bazooka in a knife fight.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

what was the old car and what was done to it?
Old 06-18-2008, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Beast
Honda fuel systems from the factory are good to go on e85, but I've got a Walbro 255, didn't know if those are compatible with e85 or not. How much more fuel and timing did you have to add compared to a pump gas tune? I've heard 30% more fuel and +3* timing as a starter, but thats on a Honda... Do you moniter egt's? Did they go up? Plannin on getting a sheet metal IM and bigger TB, Neukin equal length qp with a 44mm WG, swapping cams, and bumping it up to 1600cc injectors at the time of the retune... I really wanna bump up my motor's VE a bit.
All walbros are good to go on E-85. Fuel and timing what you posted is a good idea to start off with. A lot of DSM guys have been running E-85 for a while. Only thing that sucks is if you don't have a laptop and you ran out of E-85. A guy actually maxed out his 1000cc on E-85 and he was only running a mitsubishi B16g. What will you do for a bigger TB?
Old 06-18-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

All walbros are good to go on E-85. Fuel and timing what you posted is a good idea to start off with. A lot of DSM guys have been running E-85 for a while. Only thing that sucks is if you don't have a laptop and you ran out of E-85. A guy actually maxed out his 1000cc on E-85 and he was only running a mitsubishi B16g. What will you do for a bigger TB?
Awesome, I was hoping they would be.

I only have 2.5'' IC piping, so only a 65mm TB is needed, anything more is just over kill. The Edelbrock Victor X IM has a 65mm inlet (and their TB's are 65mm as well), and costs 1/2 the price of a sheet metal intake, and yielded similar power gains compared to a Magnus or Golden Eagle IM on high HP street setups similar to mine.

I'm just hoping my turbo is big enough...

Last edited by The Beast; 06-18-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your 38mm WG should be sufficient for the 60 trim. You don't boost creep or spike do you? Considering your able to flow over 50/lbs hr. out of that, you should be pretty sufficient with the Victorx and 65mm TB. You able to run the Mustang 65mm TB? Another good thing with the victor is you won't have to worry about blowing out the welds like you would with a magnus since it is of course Cast.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!