Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
I think so...He told me that he was runnin the factory twins at 20psi, race gas tune, upgraded intercooler, and had some weight reduction (Backseat was pulled). I was told it traps 117-120 range. I don't know too much about supras other than they haul ***!! Who was the guy that had the green one 7-8yrs ago??
The green one was owned by my buddy Nick. He sold it a few years back. The guy he sold it to is now offering it back to Nick but I don't think he can afford it.

That sounds about right for the Supra. Those stock turbos are definatly maxed at that boost level though. Nick blew his stock twins in his supra at 18#'s of boost.

The guy you raced is probably running a mid 12 if he hooks up well. They run high 13's stock. The crazy thing is (and is mainly why I want one) you can just buy a big turbo, upgrade the exhaust, fuel system, and get a tune and run just as fast as my Camaro that has tens of thousands invested. Upgrade a little further and you can have a 800 RWHP monster for about 10-15k invested.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CALL911
The green one was owned by my buddy Nick. He sold it a few years back. The guy he sold it to is now offering it back to Nick but I don't think he can afford it.

That sounds about right for the Supra. Those stock turbos are definatly maxed at that boost level though. Nick blew his stock twins in his supra at 18#'s of boost.

The guy you raced is probably running a mid 12 if he hooks up well. They run high 13's stock. The crazy thing is (and is mainly why I want one) you can just buy a big turbo, upgrade the exhaust, fuel system, and get a tune and run just as fast as my Camaro that has tens of thousands invested. Upgrade a little further and you can have a 800 RWHP monster for about 10-15k invested.

CHILL OUT PAL!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911

right on...well he told me it would break in the 11's(w/ traction)? Hell i figured he would of smoked me from any roll, especially when he brake boosted the second run. It was nice to get out and actually run for a change tho. Its kind of a rare occurance anymore, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by kinglt-1; 04-27-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vibration fixed in the 7, whose gonna be out this weekend. I'm going to be out as much as possible this year. It's too much fun to skip out and go to weddings, and parties...and whatelse.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Azar
Vibration fixed in the 7, whose gonna be out this weekend. I'm going to be out as much as possible this year. It's too much fun to skip out and go to weddings, and parties...and whatelse.
Killswitch concert friday night so no deal there. Sat. Maybe.

Got the fuel tank back from Alex. Looks great! Now I gotta clean it up, paint it, reinstall it, and plump the fuel system and I might be able to bring it out.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by tunedports10
Killswitch concert friday night so no deal there. Sat. Maybe.

Got the fuel tank back from Alex. Looks great! Now I gotta clean it up, paint it, reinstall it, and plump the fuel system and I might be able to bring it out.
From what I've heard, Saturday is the night the cool kids come out. So bring it out, son! DO WORK!

EDIT: Also, due to the sheer awesomeness of Vince the Shamwow guy, and Slap Chopping hookers...I present this video...aptly titled, Rap Chop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRyj5cHIQA

Last edited by Azar; 04-27-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:14 PM
12 Second Club

EDIT: Also, due to the sheer awesomeness of Vince the Shamwow guy, and Slap Chopping hookers...I present this video...aptly titled, Rap Chop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRyj5cHIQA
This video is epic
Old 04-27-2009, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
I think so...He told me that he was runnin the factory twins at 20psi, race gas tune, upgraded intercooler, and had some weight reduction (Backseat was pulled). I was told it traps 117-120 range. I don't know too much about supras other than they haul ***!! Who was the guy that had the green one 7-8yrs ago??
I just talked with Mitch last night, it's still stock twins with full bolt ons like you guys said (exact same setup as last year when I raced him with the Civic) Him and the Indiana Supra guys are going to be at the same event that Blake, Drew, and I are gonna be at in 2 weeks with the V8 7 guys. There's gonna be a dyno there and he's expecting low 400whp. He's never had a clean run at the drag strip because it wheel hops so bad (and he doesn't want to break the stock rear), but his best run was a mid/high 12 at 117. Said it should run mid/high 11's well into the 120's.

Jesus, we've swapped places
Old 04-28-2009, 02:50 AM
Teching In

I am about 75% sure i'll be out with my Mach 1.2
Old 04-28-2009, 07:45 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by The Beast
Jesus, we've swapped places
No ****, you little club rat.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:52 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Default Possible May 16th Car Party/Tune Day?

Who needs and WILL be ready for tune around this date? I know there are several of you who are doing your own work, and I need to know if you will be done around or at this time. Please let me know who ALL is interested? I kinda know who needs one, but need an actual head count?

P.S. Sorry Ken and Mike, you too won't be done for this!

Thanks, Joe
Old 04-28-2009, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If the weather doesn't suck I'll probably be out Friday/Saturday, though I may be at a Komets game Saturday if we get tickets. Gotta get my tune dialed in before the Indy events next weekend.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

For anyone that's interested, Kelly Chevrolet just got a yellow ZR1 in
Old 04-28-2009, 12:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
Who needs and WILL be ready for tune around this date? I know there are several of you who are doing your own work, and I need to know if you will be done around or at this time. Please let me know who ALL is interested? I kinda know who needs one, but need an actual head count?

Thanks, Joe
You know my issues pal...count me in! D
Old 04-28-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
If the weather doesn't suck I'll probably be out Friday/Saturday, though I may be at a Komets game Saturday if we get tickets. Gotta get my tune dialed in before the Indy events next weekend.
Winged Warrior?
Old 04-28-2009, 01:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by halucinator
Winged Warrior?
That's part of it. There's a big V8RX-7 meet down in Indy next weekend. Friday we'll be at ORP for a drag night, then Saturday we'll be at ORP for Winged Warrior, then off to the Suds, then off to cruise around Indy. Sunday we come back, I think that's the general idea at least.

Blake is going to be shitting on EVERYONE.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's part of it. There's a big V8RX-7 meet down in Indy next weekend. Friday we'll be at ORP for a drag night, then Saturday we'll be at ORP for Winged Warrior, then off to the Suds, then off to cruise around Indy. Sunday we come back, I think that's the general idea at least.

And after the White Castle eating contest YOU'LL be shitting on everyone
Old 04-28-2009, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta get the tune sorted completely on my junker. It's close, but not quite there yet. Probably going to fix the cooling fan and power locks Thursday also.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JPH

Thanks, Joe
I'm ready... I will just need to put my injectors in right before the tune.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by The Beast
And after the White Castle eating contest YOU'LL be shitting on everyone
Lolz, except you...cuz you'll be at Broadripple dancing with the hoodrats and gettin your drank on!

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!