Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

NW Burbs Memorial day weekend, what's the plan..

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the "pleasure" of eating at some bar accross from the train station, expensive and quite frankly crappy. Never doing that again. We can get Photo's going good again if we just do it. But if we don't then I am fine with the usual group, that is fun for me. We see each other so rarely as it is with all of our work schedules, don't really need hundreds of people there. There is Meijer for the quantity factor, Sat night I am fine with relaxing with just the regular group. And as far as the minivans go, we spend the whole night out by the cars anyway, so we prevent damage, Sean. But I don understand your point about wanting to make the most out of the little time that we get to drive the cars, I am lucky to have 2 weekends a month, and then factor in the weather and that number gets smaller. Especially considering that it is currently September outside.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ryan you guys may be my friends but I didn't build this car for you ******** to look at all nite LOL. I like to be at big shows, i like the energy and atmosphere, its what makes summer and cars fun to me. I like the attention the car gets at big shows and people enjoying what i built. You can go to a bar any night of the week to bullshit with friends, if you are gonna take a car out then make it worth it and have a cruise and show it off somewhere, thats my view.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Hey guys,
I'll be in town for the weekend. Probably bouncing between Schaumburg and Plainfield but where does everyone meet up???

Jeff
Old 05-22-2008, 08:45 PM
TECH Regular

Sean you're just a showoff...

And so we're not good enough for you to build your cars for us?

You'd rather have that dunk guy from Meijer last week drool all over it?

J/K dude,
Old 05-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

easy Mark I'm a very gentle and sensitive person if you keep it up i'm pummel your face!

Old 05-22-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JSTACAM
Hey guys,
I'll be in town for the weekend. Probably bouncing between Schaumburg and Plainfield but where does everyone meet up???

Jeff
Tomorrow night is the big carshow at Meijer. Its located on golf road about 3-4 miles east of woodfield mall. I want to say its on the corner of gold and algonquin.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh and also theres a small get together saturday night in mount prospect at the corner of wolf rd and kensington road but meijer is where its at!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:39 PM
NKAWTG...N

I'll be at Meijer tomorrow (Fri) probably around 6. Just look for the red 35th LE, thats me.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by quadd2244
Tomorrow night is the big carshow at Meijer. Its located on golf road about 3-4 miles east of woodfield mall. I want to say its on the corner of gold and algonquin.
What are the hours??? I won't be in town until probably 8-9.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JSTACAM
What are the hours??? I won't be in town until probably 8-9.
8-9 will be perfect if you get there arund 8pm you will se probably almost everycar that pulled in
Old 05-23-2008, 06:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Count me out as the weather looks like **** for later unless it does a turn around buy by the time I get off work it will probably be to late unless I get out early.

Is anything cool going on tomorrow?
Old 05-23-2008, 07:12 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,740 Likes on 1,247 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
Ryan you guys may be my friends but I didn't build this car for you ******** to look at all nite LOL. I like to be at big shows, i like the energy and atmosphere, its what makes summer and cars fun to me. I like the attention the car gets at big shows and people enjoying what i built. You can go to a bar any night of the week to bullshit with friends, if you are gonna take a car out then make it worth it and have a cruise and show it off somewhere, thats my view.
You're just an attention ***** Sean.

People just don't appreciate a mint condition stock car that's only 10 years old, so my car never gets attention no matter where I take it. Maybe that'll change when it's 20 years old...LOL. At least when I take it to a real car show (judges, points, trophies) it does very well in points and awards in stock class. But at the cruise-in type meets, nobody even notices it, so it really doesn't matter if I take it somewhere big or small.

But if it's the big events that make you happy, then that's where you gotta go man.

Quick Reply: NW Burbs Memorial day weekend, what's the plan..