Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

NW Burbs Memorial day weekend, what's the plan..

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 08:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NW Burbs Memorial day weekend, what's the plan..

What's everyone planning on this weekend?
Meijer? Weather is questionable

Photo's Sat night?

Skipper's Sun?

I'll be at ThirdGen Fest Sat morning by the time it's over I should be rolling straight to Photo's if everyone is there.

How about the train station, haven't been there yet this year?

Old 05-21-2008, 08:34 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

I doubt I'll make Meijer, holiday weekend means I'll be working pretty late.

I'll be out on Saturday for sure. Photo's sounds great to me. Might be the last trip for my '98 car.

Sunday looks like great weather also. Skippers would be good.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here we go again.
Whats it going to be this week, c6,c4,SS,new camaro,mustang.
I mean whos going to buy a 98
Old 05-21-2008, 09:00 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
I mean whos going to buy a 98
Yeah, '98s suck. I should buy an '01 car so I can be cool like you.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

I am gonna try and make Mieyers, but Photos is out this week.. My god sons birfday party starts at 5
Old 05-21-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im down for all of the above. As always, Im thinking about setting the car on fire so I may show up in the DD.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Regular

Jim your DD has a better chance of catching on fire by itself than your showcar has by you and a match. That crapalier is dangerous...
Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 PM
NKAWTG...N

No where better than Photo's on Sat? Unless I missed something and it has turned around...?

But ya I am down for all the above. Sat I will have to ditch out semi-early anyway, got a buddies going away party in the city.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neal don't argue, RPM guys like being the only 5 dudes standing in the photo's lot with their hoods open with minivans parked next to them. I've tried to reason with them and have failed lol. literally nobody but them goes there anymore. closest thing that is pretty good is the mt. prospect train station show.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:29 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
Neal don't argue, RPM guys like being the only 5 dudes standing in the photo's lot with their hoods open with minivans parked next to them. I've tried to reason with them and have failed lol. literally nobody but them goes there anymore. closest thing that is pretty good is the mt. prospect train station show.
My rant:

The train station itself blows. No food, no drinks, no toilet. I have ZERO clue how it ever got to be a popular spot. Yeah, it's nice that you don't get any daily drivers mixing in with the show, but we never had that problem at Photo's back when it was big. We basically overtook the whole lot. You remeber those days Sean, we'd pack that lot from end to end, people would eventually start filling up the Church lot across the street, and MP cops would direct traffic in the lot. Good times.

You guys going to the train station should try to get the crowd to come back to Photo's. The ricers have been gone for a couple years now, and the Photo's lot is freshly repaved. It's funny, last year we used to hit up the McD's for the post-train station show, and I heard a group of those guys saying how great the Photo's show used to be. Yet people don't seem to realize that the only reason it isn't huge now is because these same people stopped coming. If they'd come back, it'd be way better than the train station.

I guess crowds tend to migrate over time, maybe just for a change of scenery. The train station would be fine if they had a place with free drink refills within 100ft of the cars, and a urinal.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:31 AM
11 Second Club

If no one keeps going, then there is no hope for bringing it back... All it takes is a few good weeks with a bunch of cars there, and it will kick back off. I might even try to set something more organized up there. Of course with a little help from my fellow car nuts.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:32 AM
TECH Regular

We've talked about setting something up officially at Photo's and it would not be that hard at all with the usual crowd that goes there. Some support from the management and it should be a piece of cake. It's just a matter of actually doing it. Who knows when that will happen though!

And Sean, I like minivans damn it. And soccer moms!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I should be at meijer weather pending ofcourse
Old 05-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey you bastards know I like hot mom's but I don't want them opening their door into my rather expensive paint as they pull in for their manicure at the nail salon in there.

You said it best, crowds migrate and mt prospect business district won people over by catering to the car owners with raffles,music,discounts. There are several places to eat and pee within a couple hundred feet so not sure what you ate talking about there.

I like hanging and shooting the bull with you guys but dang move on already, nobody is going to photos anymore and when I don't get to take my car out very often I wish I'd have more fbodies to roll with me to some shows that actually are shows,not 5 guys in a sea of daily drivers. There are some other good shows in the area also besides the train station one. Id love to get a cruise together and hit something good up.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:04 AM
11 Second Club

So... Is that a challenge then? Give it 3 weeks, and I bet that I could get it popping. I just have to do a little shmoozing. Make a phone call or 2 and see what happens..

Lets say if I can get 20 "nice" cars there at the same time, 2 weeks in a row, then I get a 5 bucks a car, but if I fail..... ???
Old 05-22-2008, 11:16 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
hey you bastards know I like hot mom's but I don't want them opening their door into my rather expensive paint as they pull in for their manicure at the nail salon in there.

You said it best, crowds migrate and mt prospect business district won people over by catering to the car owners with raffles,music,discounts. There are several places to eat and pee within a couple hundred feet so not sure what you ate talking about there.

I like hanging and shooting the bull with you guys but dang move on already, nobody is going to photos anymore and when I don't get to take my car out very often I wish I'd have more fbodies to roll with me to some shows that actually are shows,not 5 guys in a sea of daily drivers. There are some other good shows in the area also besides the train station one. Id love to get a cruise together and hit something good up.
Never heard anything about raffles, discounts, etc. I've been there for 8 or 10 shows, and I never saw/heard anything about that.

I don’t know of a single place to eat/drink/**** anywhere in that train station parking lot. Sure, there’s plenty of places if you want to walk all over the downtown area, but I like to stay close to the cars.

I mean, we’ve got our regular group and we have a good time anywhere we go. I don’t think we really need 100+ people to have fun, hell you don’t even end up talking to most of those people. When I went to Meijer two weeks ago all I did was talk to you for a couple hours till you left, then hung out with the other RPM guys that stayed late. That's fun for me.

My feelings are, I'm fine with hitting the train station if that's what everyone else wants to do. But Photo's has been a regular thing for my group for almost 10 years, and none of those guys have made a push to abandon it yet. But if the rest of the group wants to move on to the train station, then I'd go too.

Last edited by RPM WS6; 05-22-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im in the garage right now claying my car!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by pro2low
Sweet when your done come over and show me how to do mine... I did it once, but lost interest really quick. Pain in the ****. I wanna see it when its all done and purty... Maybe we can put a few coats on those lenses for you today?
Old 05-22-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

come over to my house! i got a crazy stereo system in my garage!
Old 05-22-2008, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pro2low
Bastard thats what I want to and need to do but havent had to much time!!! Even today with no work I had to do a few things but right now im going to go get something done with the car to pretty it up even though thats almost impossible

Quick Reply: NW Burbs Memorial day weekend, what's the plan..