Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Heads Up Racing Next Friday at Eddyville Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 01:35 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, oh, man. That sucks. Just got back home from ERP. I guess it was a nice night to make a 190 mile round trip without any racing. As soon as we pulled into the track around 9:00pm it was lightning in the distance and just starting to sprinkle. Just a few minutes later the rain started to pick up and only a minute or two of hard rain gave the track reason to call it quits, I suppose.

Apparently, they're planning on re-running the Midnight Street Race event next Friday night. I hope as many people are able to make it out for next Friday night as there was out tonight. I didn't even get a chance to unload my car from the trailer, but it did look like there were a lot of cars there.

I know the two cars that came with me, a LT1/N20 Trans am and a Mustang Cobra, aren't going to be able to make it next week, but I will be making the trek back to ERP for the re-run and hope to see a lot of you guys there.

I don't know if it is "the" yellow Mustang we've been talking about, but I did see one on the property tonight. Maybe someone can chime in and let me know if that is indeed the one I need to blow the phucking doors off of.

Anyways, it sucked that it rained, but I guess that comes with the territory sometimes. Let's get together next time, maybe plan on parking together or something - at least those of us from LS1tech.com.

Did anybody get to make any laps during the test-n-tune before the rain came?

W
Old 06-21-2008, 01:37 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by firehawk#682
houseofboost i love that WS6 you have!! That color looks awesome ive never seen it on a TA before. Anyways ill be there friday night as well.
Thanks, man! Looks like you've got a killer ride as well. I hate to sound corny, but I've litterally been looking for one of these Sport Metallic Gold Trans Ams for the last 10 years. They only made 235 SMG T/A's and I'm stoked to have one of them. Not to mention, they only offered this color in 1998.

I've had almost a dozen different F-bodies over the years and even though this car isn't the most radical or powerful that I've had - it's what I've always wanted. Plus, being that it was relatively stock when I got it, it'll give me a chance to tinker with it.

Hope to see you at ERP sometime.

W
Old 06-21-2008, 01:42 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ksths2

PS: What up Wes!!!! i miss ya not running the show anymore, how's HITMAN??
What's up, bro? Man, there are days I miss managing Eddyville and days that I don't. More than anything, I miss that house and the people/friends I made while I was up there.

Unfortunately, I just don't think anyone currently shares the vision I had for what ERP could have/would have become. I truly appreciate and understand the need for a solid bracket program, but it simply can't be the Alpha and Omega of a drag strip.

Tim, aka HITMAN, rode up with my brother tonight. Don't know if you saw them, but they were in my Drag Illustrated 4Runner and towing a couple bikes. Brad is getting pretty serious with his bike-racing endeavors and Tim, like usual, kicked the bones (good ol' fashioned aluminum douching) out of his new '69 Chevelle, but I think we might be able to have it running again by the next Midnight deal.

Hope you're doing well. Stay in touch. If you need anything, my number is below.

Peace,
W
Old 06-21-2008, 09:07 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah that kinda sucked it got rained out last night, but I will be back next friday
Old 06-21-2008, 10:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by houseofboost
I don't know if it is "the" yellow Mustang we've been talking about, but I did see one on the property tonight. Maybe someone can chime in and let me know if that is indeed the one I need to blow the phucking doors off of.

Did anybody get to make any laps during the test-n-tune before the rain came?

W
Nope that wasnt the mustang we're talking about. This is an 05 with dumbass graphics on the side of it.

I did get a few passes in last night but was running a lot slower then usual. My best for the night was a 8.4...
Old 06-21-2008, 12:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 377 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by brandoz28
this will be a good tension builder though, hopefully have my **** together too and be running into the 6's....
lol...In street racing all the **** talking and pre-race negotiations are half the fun!!!

Hopefully most of you working on your rides will have them ready to go for the next event. There is always someone faster some yellow mustangs just haven't learned that yet

My last race at Eddyville I got smoked by some car that was so loud I couldn't even hear my own car when I started it. He had 2 cars on me by the 60' mark and ran 5.5x.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Teching In

I blew a turbo seal on the way home and had a trail of smoke 200ft long! Time to upgrade
Old 06-22-2008, 10:05 AM
12 Second Club

wow.. sucks to hear about the turbo seal!

Oh yeah, I would like to mention that 355Z28's girlfriend is SMOKIN!
Old 06-22-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blacknsingle
I blew a turbo seal on the way home and had a trail of smoke 200ft long! Time to upgrade
Are you going to be able to make it back this Friday night? I'd really like to run ya. Sounds like you've got a good running car.

Hopefully, you can get it fixed in time for the street drags.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by fenton06
wow.. sucks to hear about the turbo seal!

Oh yeah, I would like to mention that 355Z28's girlfriend is SMOKIN!
uh thanks i think nah its cool man haha

Ill be back up this weekend..Hopefully I can find someone to change my computer and shift points for the 3.73's Im putting in for this upcoming weekend!!
Old 06-22-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

ill be back this friday hopefully!
Old 06-22-2008, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 377 Likes on 275 Posts

Did they reschedule last weekends event to this friday or is this just a test and tune?
Old 06-22-2008, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 355z28
uh thanks i think nah its cool man haha

Ill be back up this weekend..Hopefully I can find someone to change my computer and shift points for the 3.73's Im putting in for this upcoming weekend!!
How much you want for the 4:10s haha

MM was rescheduled for this friday
Old 06-22-2008, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
How much you want for the 4:10s haha

MM was rescheduled for this friday
Yeah ill be there, Was really disappointed i wanted to stage up against you bret! I dont know what ill want for my 4.10's yet it will be after friday if i decide to sell them (pending on my times)

This week gives you the chance to order some drag radials to put on some stock wheels so you can hang with me friday!
Old 06-22-2008, 05:33 PM
10 Second Club

Also does anyone know if ill just get my credit for MM or will i get to do test and tune again since it got cut off early???
Old 06-22-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Regular

I know you'll get an MM credit, but I'm not sure about the test-n-tune part.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 355z28
This week gives you the chance to order some drag radials to put on some stock wheels so you can hang with me friday!
Ah I know i really want to order some, but in the back of my head i know i need to start putting some money away for school in the fall again so I might just hold off on them for a while.

I'd really like to just do test and tune this friday with my MM rain check but who knows if they'll let us. I wasnt' aware they didnt do time slips for the MM. I know its fun but I'd like to race the clock too
Old 06-23-2008, 07:57 AM
TECH Regular

yeah same story for me too, i drove by the mall in Osky, the mustang was sitting in the parking lot and i thought yep i'm going rain or shine to see what all goes down. Got to the track and BAM! Rain'd out - So i got my car dirty for nothing, oh well......... Good news is it was rescheduled. I'll be there for sure.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
Ah I know i really want to order some, but in the back of my head i know i need to start putting some money away for school in the fall again so I might just hold off on them for a while.

I'd really like to just do test and tune this friday with my MM rain check but who knows if they'll let us. I wasnt' aware they didnt do time slips for the MM. I know its fun but I'd like to race the clock too

They do time slips for MM... you just get it cut in half so you can't see what the other person ran.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:00 PM
11 Second Club

Oh ok thats cool

Quick Reply: Heads Up Racing Next Friday at Eddyville Raceway Park