Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Lincolnwood is under water.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM Mark
I spent about 10 minutes and tried 4 different routes to get out of my subdivision today to go to work, everything was flooded with rushing water like you would see in the Wildest Videos shows. When I got to work, we had 3 cars towed in with the same complaint, "drove through puddle and engine stalled" NO ****! Soaking wet air filters are a pretty good indication of a bent rod! That is why I am laughing my *** off at the last picture from Vince's FLT River, that is a new S-Class floating right along, I'm sure I'll be seeing that car on Monday.

BTW, the North Branch of the Chicago River at Goose Island, rose about 6-7 feet from yesterday to today when I left, so there may not be a dealer for that S-Class to be towed to on Monday anymore, we are only about 6 feet above the water mark as of 5pm today!

there is a very important word in your 1st paragraph....."PUDDLE"
unfortunately the people who try and drive through the "PUDDLE" fail to realize is more like 1-3' of standing water...
Old 09-14-2008, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gavspurplez
standing water on woodfield road by the mall yesterday afternoon, and out here in elgin too !!
I was down Woodfield Rd. yesterday afternoon and part of the road was closed as they were towing out a BMW that was damn near completely under water!
Old 09-14-2008, 09:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

iam here at g/f`s house in n/w indiana holy sweet babies its it ****** flooded, her back porch is like a swimming pool, everywhere we went it was flooded, i dont know what its like in my area
anyone know what 80/94 is like
Old 09-14-2008, 09:44 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,163 Likes on 756 Posts

I bet parts of River Road are flooded out pretty bad, wouldn't take much.

Maybe we'll go for a ride later and look around.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John, Des plaines is a war zone according to Timmy. his parents still live there, and close to the river. 3 feet of water in their basement he said, went over there yesterday to help. He works at the Just Tires on Oakton and they closed early yesterday because of it also.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:00 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah its pretty bad, and gonna be worse in Des Plaines today.... More wet weather. Ugh...

Timmy doesnt by chance own a Monte running single digits does he?
Old 09-14-2008, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Right where river road starts at Milwaukee it was closed and I saw lots of crews over there. The water at Milwaukee right there was to street level last night so may be flooding now.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:08 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,734 Likes on 1,244 Posts

The Edens is open today, so that's a slight improvement from this time yesterday.

Originally Posted by gavspurplez
--- didnt it rain this bad last year in august ?? downed trees even in the city and stuff like that ?? people with out power for days and lots of flooding ??
I remember a micro burst hitting the Glenview area last year, downed TONS of trees and totalled Golf Rd by Waukegan Rd. I drove through that mess as it was happening; saw peoples lawn chairs blowing across the road, even a small BBQ grill. But the flooding wasn't this bad.

August of 2001 was bad though. We had major flooding both the first and last week of that month. The second flood in 8/01 was the worst, I think O'Hare only had something like 5" of rain, but the local total in my town was over 7", and it fell within about 4-5 hours. I had A LOT more water in the street that time. I94 @ Pratt had over 100" of water settled in the underpass. They were rescuing people via helicopter.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

damn this rain is bad, my dad just got back from the grocery store and he said he took one way there and went through 4 rivers and on the way back went through 5..they closed one of the 3 main roads into crown point due to water and some of it is possibly eroding away, the other one has been closed since june for bridge repair, so that leaves one open and that one isnt direct because there is a bridge being worked on that one too so you have to take it and then go to a different road...

its a good thing 1. i dont have to go anywhere and 2. my T/A is not my daily driver because i fear my optispark, lol... if an engine detail where they didnt quite get everything rinsed off can cause a misfire/stall (happend a few months ago, the car stalled and then after 5 mins of cranking and 10 mins of waiting it started and then ran fine a few mins later) i dont want to know what driving through a flooded road would do...

i just hope the roads are clear before my trip to the indy bash this friday

i learned my lesson when i was 16~ and drove a chevy through a levy, but the levy wasn't dry :rotfl: (i seriously did, it was an 85 cavalier and the road i tried driving through was next to a levy that overflowed and all the water ended up in the street) it was only 2-3 inches deep but i was going a little too fast and water came up over the hood and into the front grille and flooded the car out. i think it was like $200 for a new computer or something
Old 09-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Motorboater

Originally Posted by twizted_creations
Yeah its pretty bad, and gonna be worse in Des Plaines today.... More wet weather. Ugh...

Timmy doesnt by chance own a Monte running single digits does he?
no, that guy's name is Steve. he doesn't work at that Just Tires anymore, he took a job at another shop right before Tim took the job as assistant manager there actually. We've known Steve for years though, my good pair of slicks on my other rims actually came off his car, he sold them to me end of last season when i got back from the lsx shootout. that monte used to belong to the older brother of a guy we know. the older brother was a police officer and died suddenly at age 22(as I recall) of some kind of pulmonary condition as i remember. this was years ago.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah thats right steve... I probably know tim too... Hell bout 9 years ago I worked at that Just tires. Steve works for midwest firestone I believe. Ok Ok. Steve is a good guy tho. He did the alignment on my junk.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Roads arent that bad around me and the basement is dry, luckily our house is one of the higher ones on the block.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

You guys think you have it bad up north.

Heres my road

Old 09-14-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Resident

holy **** man
Old 09-14-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Resident

Yea we had to get my grandma out Shes up at the family farm in new lenox actually anyways River is at flood stage at 12 feet right now its 23 and going to crest tuesday with 10 more feet according to Fema. Fema ppl are cool as hell to they made burgers for everyone on the road

We were the last house to get water as we have the highest one on the road it just started to come in about 2 inches in the house
Old 09-14-2008, 11:03 PM
NKAWTG...N

Holy crap cgroh89!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:13 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cgroh89
Yea we had to get my grandma out Shes up at the family farm in new lenox actually anyways River is at flood stage at 12 feet right now its 23 and going to crest tuesday with 10 more feet according to Fema. Fema ppl are cool as hell to they made burgers for everyone on the road

We were the last house to get water as we have the highest one on the road it just started to come in about 2 inches in the house

I wish you and your family the best. Vince
Old 09-15-2008, 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cgroh89

Your car OK?
Old 09-15-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the thoughts guys the water receded this afternoon havent gone in the house yet. we didnt see a water line on the house so we dont know how high it got yet

My car is out at school getting some last minute fixs for the rest of the year. I am lucky as I was going to just park the car for the winter. and cut my losses as I drove it a week this summer ,I went to drive to the speed inc open house and it was stolen that day I was with the pack coming from the new lenox area and broke right as we got on i355 , Then the next week the clutch snapped. Just a bad summer

As fast as the river rose we wouldnt have been able to get it out in time . I checked saturday morning and the river was only up a few feet . went down a bit in the afternoon checked in the morning fema and sheriffs office were helping everyone get out to the best of my knowledge no one was hurt in our area
Old 09-16-2008, 05:44 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Good luck to you guys! Back in '82 my parents house was flooded, it was nowhere as bad as the pic's you have and it was a mess. Bob