Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indiana unmarked Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Indiana unmarked Mustangs

Ok, I've finally met a few Mustangs that I'm afraid of. Saw an 05-08 style Mustang GT, blue with white stripes that was an unmarked car. It had someone pulled over on highway 30 Saturday. And talked to someone that was on highway 31 headed south after the PU vs ND game and they counted 5 unmarked mustangs with speeders pulled over.

Cliff notes: Don't race any newer Mustangs on the highway in Indiana. It's either A. a waste of gas because you'll prolly beat them anyway. Or B. an unmarked squad car looking for speeders.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yep theres one in Linton, which is basically right between terre haute and vincennes... its red with some dark tinted windows...

http://gcdailyworld.com/story/1433507.html theres a little info on it from our newspaper

and it sucks even worse because some of the local cops were tellin me that since they were low on funding for them or something like that that he has to meet an outrageous quota of tickets a day or he gives his car up... and it comes out to somethin like 30 tickets per day that he works
Old 09-30-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Holy hell, that sucks. Hope i don't find any in Illinois
Old 09-30-2008, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Aren't we gettin close to entrapment here?
Old 10-01-2008, 12:00 AM
TECH Resident

I thought Ill.state has unmarked chargers
Old 10-01-2008, 12:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cgroh89
I thought Ill.state has unmarked chargers
We do, but it's pretty easy to tell. But I was thinking that's intrapment if you have a car try to race you. I know of an SS in Decatur, Illinois that will rev the **** out of it at you trying to get you to race and pull you over if you do anything back......pretty sure that's illegal.

I had a sheriff try to get me to race him in his impala squad car....yeah, I was like wtf are you serious?.........
Old 10-01-2008, 12:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SchultzLT1
Aren't we gettin close to entrapment here?
No. They are in an unmarked car, yeah, but if they aren't challenging you to a race or anything like that then no it isn't entrapment.

In Ohio troopers cannot be in an unmarked car. All you see them in is the crown vics mostly out on the highways and more in town you'll see more impalas depending on the area. They have a few chargers as well here and there, along with the random SUV like a tahoe or expedition or something. All very clearly marked as police/sheriff/whoever they are.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:55 AM
TECH Resident

If your in the Valpo area, they have a blacked out GT.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess it just sucks that since enough people aren't breaking traffic laws that they need to install red light camera and send cops out in shady *** blacked out sports cars to find the few that do.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:31 AM
Launching!

I also so a maroon mustang also had someone pulled over.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Launching!

So then are they legally allowed to antagonize you into revving it or running them?
Old 10-01-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

IL had a few LS1 Camaros too....it was kinda funny watching the immensely tall trooper trying to get out, he had to modify the seat tracks like 6 in. or something.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Here in the Fort Wayne area, there are 4 unmarked cars. one maroon and one black new body mustang gt. 1 Scion tc, I dont know what they even look like, and 1 honda civic SI

i have been told that the import cars are equipped with cai's and a fart pipe. Who wastes their time on racing ricers anyhow?

All the mustangs can do is pipe you. If they talk to you or yell, its entrapment. FWIW, This is according to a friend of a friend.

BTW, from what i can tell, the stangs are 100% stock. Pretty tough to out run the radios though
Old 10-02-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Make that 3 mustang gt's.... 2 dark red ones, one with chrome rims and one with silver rims, and a dark blue/black one... i was pulled over by the red one with silver rims on monday, and in all seriousness, FOR NOTHING... I was on the bike, following my dad through town, stopped in the turn lane at a stop light and all of a sudden this douche *** in a maroon mustang whips in between me and the car stopped behind me, nearly hitting me, and blocking the flow of traffic in the lane next to me... he follows me a couple hundred feet then turns his lights on, my dad pulls in to the gas station and me and douche *** follow.... mind you i had not done a thing wrong on the bike AT ALL, and was in full gear like always... he proceeds to tell me that my license plate is illegally mounted, and that kids like me that remount the plates are notorious for running from the cops... mind you I have a 100% legal competition werkes fender eliminator.... long story short, he tickets me for an illegal display of license plate for a legal license plate holder... and here's the kicker, as he hands me the ticket he says he's had lots of trouble from sportbikes running from him, and for all he know's, i'm like the others and am 1 of the 15 kids that have ran from him... needless to say, i've got a lawyer and i'm fighting the ticket, and am also trying to get him for profileing....
Old 10-02-2008, 05:08 PM
TECH Regular

They got my roommate on 31 this last Saturday going up the Notre Dame game. Said there were 15 or so of them just pulling people left and right. Got a 20 over ticket for doing 5 over. He is fighting it as well. I guess I'm glad they are in Mustangs and not F-Body's anymore. Ford can have that negative connotation and keep it. Regardless, its still unfortunate that the Police are not regulated with these cars and their attitudes in them.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Beast
Make that 3 mustang gt's.... 2 dark red ones, one with chrome rims and one with silver rims, and a dark blue/black one... i was pulled over by the red one with silver rims on monday, and in all seriousness, FOR NOTHING... I was on the bike, following my dad through town, stopped in the turn lane at a stop light and all of a sudden this douche *** in a maroon mustang whips in between me and the car stopped behind me, nearly hitting me, and blocking the flow of traffic in the lane next to me... he follows me a couple hundred feet then turns his lights on, my dad pulls in to the gas station and me and douche *** follow.... mind you i had not done a thing wrong on the bike AT ALL, and was in full gear like always... he proceeds to tell me that my license plate is illegally mounted, and that kids like me that remount the plates are notorious for running from the cops... mind you I have a 100% legal competition werkes fender eliminator.... long story short, he tickets me for an illegal display of license plate for a legal license plate holder... and here's the kicker, as he hands me the ticket he says he's had lots of trouble from sportbikes running from him, and for all he know's, i'm like the others and am 1 of the 15 kids that have ran from him... needless to say, i've got a lawyer and i'm fighting the ticket, and am also trying to get him for profileing....
Yea take them down! TAKE THEM DOWN! Profiling is illegal. Just like the police here in Auburn knew which house I was talking about when I made a complaint about a vehicle (just because the guy was black).
Old 10-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Launching!

There is a vista blue one with white racing stripes and tinted windows, definatley wouldn't expect it to be a cop.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the southside there is a truck and a jeep, both are plain jane's. No tinted windows or anything.

As far as I know there are still a few LS1 Camaro cop cars runing around, limo tint.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:46 PM
12 Second Club

cops just keep gettin sneakier and sneakier.....
Old 10-09-2008, 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

ive seen a couple of the new mustangs in between indy and bloomington, one red one is gonna get me i swear...he always stares me down maybe im just paranoid

Quick Reply: Indiana unmarked Mustangs