Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

custom abu boots

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom abu boots

so i saw some guys wearing abu boots, like marauders but they had different soles, zipper and where it was normally the sewn fabric. like on the heal/toe it was suede, so basically a full suede marauder with a zipper. well i asked about where they got them and they said sncshoes.com (website is down) and bubu.com (havent found the site) i was wondering where i could get my hands of a pair of these. they dont fade as bad either cuz its more of a gray. i dont care if they are slightly out of regs cuz im rocking some bricks as boots right now and am looking for something new. and help on where i might be able to find myself a pair?
thanx
Old 10-29-2008, 03:17 PM
NKAWTG...N

Oh wow those do sound nice. When you get a handle on em definitly post em up.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Launching!

oakley makes some as well as some others I can't remember right now, that are out of reg but look good enough to not get **** for.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NebWS6
oakley makes some as well as some others I can't remember right now, that are out of reg but look good enough to not get **** for.
I still wear my Oakley i bought while in iraq. If you have ACU 2's (the ones with the zippers) they wont notice becouse you velcro them at the bottom vs blousing them.

Also your not going to find anyting more light weight and comfy as Oakleys if your Vehicle crew there a huge upgrade. If your dismounted they tear up easier then issued boots.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:55 PM
12 Second Club

ABU's are stupid! The Boots are even more retarded. Im a acft maintainer and req steel toe. What office dumbass thought of using that fuzzy type of material. **** gets dirty so fricken quick one messy job brake change, truck change, or some hyd fluid and the boots are fucked then some ******* says something to you in the shopette. They should have had darker boots or kept the black ones. Why the **** should guys that get dirty buy two boots when office **** only need one. Shitty thing we get paid the same clothing allowance. BS
Old 10-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
ABU's are stupid! The Boots are even more retarded. Im a acft maintainer and req steel toe. What office dumbass thought of using that fuzzy type of material. **** gets dirty so fricken quick one messy job brake change, truck change, or some hyd fluid and the boots are fucked then some ******* says something to you in the shopette. They should have had darker boots or kept the black ones. Why the **** should guys that get dirty buy two boots when office **** only need one. Shitty thing we get paid the same clothing allowance. BS
I concur. The same w/ the first issue of ABUs w/ those inside liners and pocket. WTF are they thinking? Obviously these guys have never been deployed in the desert.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:16 AM
Staging Lane

ok so is basically everyone going to argue about the abus suck? everyone says it but almost everyone wears them. they will complain but still wear them. anyone know anything about the boots i was talking about. thats the main question i was hoping to get answered
Old 10-31-2008, 08:55 AM
Teching In

converse now makes a green abu boot that I wear when Im not deployed. I got them from a place called brigade quarter master just google it and I think they have the boots that you are talking about on there also. But the converse ones are so comfortable and rather cheap I paid 95 for mine.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

Korea is the best place to get those boots made.... if you are ever there they will take a mold of your foot and then build the boots around the mold so they are a perfect fit....
Old 10-31-2008, 04:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sk8co
ok so is basically everyone going to argue about the abus suck? everyone says it but almost everyone wears them. they will complain but still wear them. anyone know anything about the boots i was talking about. thats the main question i was hoping to get answered
Well, it's kind of THE UNIFORM. It's not like you can protest the ABU by showing up in civilian clothes.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:28 PM
Launching!

I've been wearing the ABU for about 6months now, and just started crewing the line again. My boots were fine before this time. My boots went from sage w/little dirt to almost dark brown almost black in about 3 weeks time. I already need another pair, since i haven't had any issued to me in about 5yrs. Come to find out, the sqdrn commander won't buy anybody the sage ones, cuz they cost to much.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Teching In

its not bubu... it is bumu

it is apparently a shop in korea that makes custom order boots

http://www.bumushoes.com/

I had a pair of black clorafram marauders with zippers on the inside of the leg made a couple years back by them.

Clorafram eventually got scuffed to hell on certain parts but I was not too careful with them. Since these were ordered online they did not fit my feet perfectly but that was probably my fault. The soles had an extra large brim for the sole on them that made my feet insanely larger that they were...

Overall I was satisfied with the boots for daily use. I would definitally not recommend doing any field work in the pair I had but that issue would probably correct itself if mine fit better.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jperran
Well, it's kind of THE UNIFORM. It's not like you can protest the ABU by showing up in civilian clothes.
Hey smart guy its not the only uniform until 2011. so abus are not THE UNIFORM they are one of the uniforms available. and people complain about them all the time. well BDUs are still available. im talking about those who complain yet still wear them.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by pengu
its not bubu... it is bumu

it is apparently a shop in korea that makes custom order boots

http://www.bumushoes.com/

I had a pair of black clorafram marauders with zippers on the inside of the leg made a couple years back by them.

Clorafram eventually got scuffed to hell on certain parts but I was not too careful with them. Since these were ordered online they did not fit my feet perfectly but that was probably my fault. The soles had an extra large brim for the sole on them that made my feet insanely larger that they were...

Overall I was satisfied with the boots for daily use. I would definitally not recommend doing any field work in the pair I had but that issue would probably correct itself if mine fit better.
aww thanks so much. exactly what i was looking for.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sk8co
Hey smart guy its not the only uniform until 2011. so abus are not THE UNIFORM they are one of the uniforms available. and people complain about them all the time. well BDUs are still available. im talking about those who complain yet still wear them.
True that im the only guy in my whole building that still wears them **** I still sport my field jacket.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
True that im the only guy in my whole building that still wears them **** I still sport my field jacket.
Nice!

As a mx guy, the ABU is a bad idea... tan t-shirts and boots on grease monkeys? now as an office guy, they are sweet. wonder who came up with them?

Last edited by stormy69; 11-10-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:18 AM
TECH Junkie

You guys cant wear black leather boots? The new navy uniform has the suede boots, but people on ships cant wear them and have to wear black leather boots. You would think it might be the same in a job field where youre working with grease and just dirty ****..
Old 11-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Teching In

converse makes black steel toes really light that zip up on the side. My brother got them for doing some equipment inspections.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's talk of letting certain jobs wear the black boots again. I think the black boots like the ones I saw with the new Navy uniform would be great. Optional no polish black boots. Looked suede but kinda not the same thing.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Launching!

Tan t-shirts and the boots suck. I've replaced almost all my tan shirts, in about 3 months. These things suck, I've washed them with all the little tricks and nothing. The boots are just as bad. Messing with Hydro fluid and oil blows. Black boots would be awesome.

Quick Reply: custom abu boots