Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Runway at cherry point open for racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rclinton
If all goes well, we should be able to run an event 4 times a year at Cherry Point to compliment the 4 times a year they run at New River.
I'm gonna assume that means:

-decent turnout (somewhere close to 75 cars)
-no mishaps
-no excessive amounts of FOD generated

I told my XO about it today, and he'll probably come out. I'll try and get a few more guys from my sqdn to come as well. There are a few of us with performance cars.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LT Malice
I'm gonna assume that means:

-decent turnout (somewhere close to 75 cars)
-no mishaps
-no excessive amounts of FOD generated

I told my XO about it today, and he'll probably come out. I'll try and get a few more guys from my sqdn to come as well. There are a few of us with performance cars.
As of now turn out is good ~ 60 participants. As long as the event doest turn south in some horrific way this should be good for 4X a year. Plans are already started for a September "Auto day" to include at least car show and AutoX.

Just a reminder for anyone interested, there will be a free "novice" course on Saturday for anyone who is interested.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by rclinton
As of now turn out is good ~ 60 participants. As long as the event doest turn south in some horrific way this should be good for 4X a year. Plans are already started for a September "Auto day" to include at least car show and AutoX.
Just a reminder for anyone interested, there will be a free "novice" course on Saturday for anyone who is interested.
I'm going on det in july/august, so I really hope that the next Cherry Point event is in september!

I'm looking forward to bringing out my 2010 SS camaro. I'll have it by then. If you're G8 was in F-stock, then my new SS should stay in F-stock too.

Awsome event BTW. Thanks for setting that up.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:43 AM
Teching In

Wrap up on last weekends AutoX:

The first but not last SCCA AutoX was a roaring success by any measure:

The Saturday novice school has 27 drivers attend the 3+ hour hands on training class.

Sundays AutoX had 80 vehicles each running 6 times around the course. Every imaginable type of auto was represented from a beautifully restored and setup Datsun 510 to a new Porsche Carrera, even had a Cadillac CTS.

The next MCAS Cherry Point/SCCA event will be in September to be run in conjunction with a car/motorcycle show.

If you missed out on this months event check out the NCRSCCA web site for the information on next months event at MCAS New River.

Added some pics of interest and shameless self promotion:

Last edited by rclinton; 06-20-2009 at 06:16 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good deal, I'm glad to see cool events like this actually happening. Wish it was in effect when I was at Lejeune.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Bumping this thread to give the date of the next autox at Cherry Point. 10-11 April 2010. If you were there last time you know what a blast it was. If you missed it, make plans for that weekend. After sliding my 4000 lb "family sled" around last time, I trimmed about 1000 lbs off and will be out there in my 02 corvette. Stop by and say hey, drive or watch its going to be a good weekend.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Launching!

I'll be back in my 2010 Camaro SS

Quick Reply: Runway at cherry point open for racing