Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Btz ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
That **** aint a big deal anyway. Staff is easy to get first time just dont expect the Tech test to be the same though. It is very possible if you apply yourself to make staff tech master first time. Then you can rub it in others face when you pass them up. I really dont care I plan on retiring as a master my wife is mil too so we make plenty of money. But the tech position at my next base got me pumped because they let techs crew there so I swear I am in no rush making the next grade.

But remember this! ONLY you will take care of you. Medals, EPR's, awards all that ****. It will make you more experienced then your NCO's if you know your ****. Just something that I have learned through the years. I pcs'd 2 times and about to be 3 I will finally get a commendation because I looked out for me. Sometimes you gotta look out for yourself.
true...im deployed right now...first time...my first epr closed out right b4 i deployed...i helped write it...i have alil experience with that...im lookin to cross train b4 i reenlist...im wanting to go aerial gunner...or even weather...just to wait it out and get selected to become a combat weather guy...

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
True, don't worry about it. I didn't get a package written for me either. I had lots of volunteer time, almost finished my CCAF and not even a package written. What can I say...people hate me I guess.

It's ALL in who writes the package, none of it has to be the truth...(i'm a witness of nco's writing packages; i've seen it)

So the military isn't what i thought it would be...long story short.
i've seen alot of epr's written...some ncos take bullets from others epr's...like my epr had some stuff i didnt even do

Originally Posted by BigT2002
You have no idea. I've been doing a 24/7, 365 job since I got in....its almost impossible for those who are doing 4 on 3 off 12hr shifts to get out and do volunteer work. College was next to impossible for our job at Ramstein, you couldn't do it at work it was literally impossible soooo much going on.

There were only 3 ppl going up for it and neither had college or volunteer work but they automatically got it. I made sure my now AFMC Functional Chief knew wtf he did. But I made staff first time so WGAF.

Not only because they wouldn't let him, but as an A1C that isn't going to be anywhere near the level it would have to be on. Now if he did the whole thing and then took it a mentor NCO, he might of had a chance.

im actually a good writer...but some ppl get upset when you out do them and your lower ranking than them...

So right, if you want any of those decorations outside of the WAPS point ones, you will have to do them yourself. We had an A1C who did her Volunteer ribbon herself for all the hours she did AADD and she got it.

God I hate that!!! How we had the only two ppl in my shop in Ramstein got them was they already had their Bachelors so when they transfered it over to the CCAF they got that. BS!

Good lucky brotha you'll do fine! Hows the TACP thing goin?
Old 04-22-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Yep, i've seen it done...the guy i saw that got btz was joking to me about it too.

"i've never even done half this ****" as he was looking at his package. i wanted to ****** slap someone.

That's when I decided, the USAF is no longer for me.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah BTZ is a joke.. it sucks because ive seen alot of brand new Airmen thats been in like 10 seconds that wants to know how to make BTZ. i tell them, do your job, volunteer, and some education.

but realistically if u aint popular in the squadron or a female u aint getting BTZ unless the others are real f*ck ups.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigT2002
Good lucky brotha you'll do fine! Hows the TACP thing goin?
might be shifting gears slightly.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:58 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most places have bullets already wrote out to fill space in the EPRs, I know Shady J does
Old 04-22-2009, 05:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
but realistically if u aint popular in the squadron or a female u aint getting BTZ unless the others are real f*ck ups.
That seems to be the trend!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

base involvement is huge. I did volunteer stuff at least one thing in local community a month, was 3 credits away from ccaf, firewall 5, thunderbolt of week, nominated for airmen of the 1/4, etc when i went up for btz but only had one thing with base involvement and was passed up (actually lost to 2 females go figure). Try and get to lead council meeting and get involved
Old 04-23-2009, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

Women always get the damn BTZ because they typically are allowed to do things like First Four, Humane Society, AADD, etc. The one girl who took all my bullets (and my slot) for AMN of the Year for AMC for my AFSC didn't do 3/4 of the things she had in her AF Form, but they wanted someone to win it because we had already won the AMCC of the Year and our NCO & SNCO were already fixed to come our way beacuse of it. She ended up losing to some other bitch from Travis at the AMC level. I was outraged because she got a AFCM out of there because she had those types of bullets for her Dec package. She ended up getting out because she was in "love" with a firedawg who cheated on her twice.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:18 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just to put this out there- Not all Firedawgs are bad guys
Old 04-26-2009, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

Default sad thing

why are you not asking your supervisor this question?
well, maybe you did and just want our expert adcive eh.
here's mine.
see what the last guy did to win. boards vary place to place.

Quick Reply: Btz ?