Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Is somebody here in the national guard?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009 | 03:19 PM
Teching In

Red face Is somebody here in the national guard?

Hello guys i am 25 yrs old and want some info.i have 2 dependents and is hard for me to keep up.does the guard pay ok i am very interested.thanks
Old 08-11-2009 | 04:11 PM
TECH Junkie

http://www.military.com/benefits/mil...pay-calculator
Old 08-11-2009 | 05:27 PM
Teching In

I am guard, I am currently in iraq, I have been in the guard for almost 4 years now, all you will do other than if you deploy is drill one weekend a month, and annual trainning 2 weeks out of every year. Depending on your rank like me, I can bring in a little over 200 bucks a month for working 2 days a month. But your best bet is to just go and talk to a recruiter. The best thing about the guard is bonuses and college money to tell you the truth. Well I dont know about now since a democrate changed every damn thing. But I recieved 20 grand bonus 64,000 for college gi bill and a 250 kicker. If you have any questions pm me I can tell you.
Old 08-12-2009 | 12:08 PM
Teching In

thanks bluehawk2000 that was good info ,now when do you get the bonus?at the start or end of service? the bonus sounds good!!
Old 08-12-2009 | 11:28 PM
12 Second Club

Are you looking to do it as a side thing or go active guard? Just like regular active duty, except you are guard.

Far as the bonus, I'm sure its paid out just like AD. Half at signing, and then the rest in even increments based on the time of the contract. 20k for 4 years, 10k up front, 3.3 every year on out. Hell, I didn't even know Guard offered bonuses. FYI, every job doesn't get a bonus and they're all different amounts.
Old 08-13-2009 | 01:38 PM
Teching In

That sounds good what about when you joint the boot camp that pays???????is a couple of weeks right.
Old 08-13-2009 | 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

No one ever get's ANY money at signing. You get enlistment bonus money on completion of basic/AIT or OSUT, and it is generally paid in increments based on your length of contract.
Old 08-13-2009 | 10:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CESARZ
Hello guys i am 25 yrs old and want some info.i have 2 dependents and is hard for me to keep up.does the guard pay ok i am very interested.thanks
If you are enlisted pay starts at roughly 200 for a weekend drill, not much but its something. Once you rack up some years in and some rank the pay gets pretty good for what you do on a weekend which usually isnt too much. The other benefits are great though such as college tuition assistance, GI BIll, and Healthcare if you choose to purchase it (180 a month for an entire family, pretty good).

During all training such as basic and other schools you get paid based on rank and time in service.
Old 08-14-2009 | 01:32 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96WS6guy
No one ever get's ANY money at signing. You get enlistment bonus money on completion of basic/AIT or OSUT, and it is generally paid in increments based on your length of contract.
Actually you do get paid when you reenlist, but I didn't mean hey you can sign up and they'll give you free money to run off with. Of course he'll have to complete his training before he see's any money. And in the AF its half up front, the rest in remaining increments over the life of the contract.

Basic is over 7 weeks now. You'll get paid, somethin like 400 a month I think.
Old 08-14-2009 | 01:31 PM
Teching In

thanks guys thats good info will luck into it with the recruiter...
Old 08-15-2009 | 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96
Actually you do get paid when you reenlist, but I didn't mean hey you can sign up and they'll give you free money to run off with. Of course he'll have to complete his training before he see's any money. And in the AF its half up front, the rest in remaining increments over the life of the contract.

Basic is over 7 weeks now. You'll get paid, somethin like 400 a month I think.
We were talking about initial enlistment......so why would reenlistment even be part of the subject?
Old 08-15-2009 | 07:22 PM
Teching In

true i am enlisting so i need it some info.is all good do so basic training pays???right
Old 08-16-2009 | 03:44 PM
12 Second Club

yes basic pays. Make sure u get a recuiter that wont screw u lol. Well who can really say that since most just look at u as another number. I was a Fuzzy all the way threw basic and ait. Took a couple months at my unit to finally get my wings. I made E-5 in 2 yrs so anything is possible as long as u keep ur **** straight and ur nose clean

Quick Reply: Is somebody here in the national guard?