Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Quantico, VA F-Body Hangout Areas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Quantico, VA F-Body Hangout Areas?

just got stationed at quantico...didnt know if their were areas around here were f bodies went and met to hang out and race
Old 10-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC5811
just got stationed at quantico...didnt know if their were areas around here were f bodies went and met to hang out and race
fbody hideout.com had alot of guys when I was at Q-town in 2006, but that could have changed. Manassas had an 1/8 mile racetrack that was open for TNT on weds, and MiR was about 1.5 hours away and midnight madness there is alot of fun on friday nights.

The cops in that area are straight up oppressive, so don't expect to get into too many races. Fairfax county just north of q-town is the worst, and prince william county is also really bad. Stafford co. had a few less cops.

dragva.com is the local import board, and they have meets fairly often.....if you like hanging out with rich 17 year old phillipino kids.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to VA. I work on Quantico and live in F'burg. The F-Body Hideout is the local active club and meets the first Saturday of every month (even in the winter). The meeting place moves around so that the same people don't always have to drive a long distance to get to the meet. We generally meet as far south as F'burg, as far north as Rockville, MD and as far west as Manassass. Just depends. The club has a website that's owned by a recently retired MSgt. Check out: http://www.f-bodyhideout.com/forums/forum.php

There's a few car meets in the area. The biggest is located at the Burger King in Manassas at the intersection of Nokesville Rd and Rt. 234. It starts around 4pm and runs 'til around 10pm. The muscle/domestic cars are generally around earlier and then later the imports show up. There's also a smaller meet at the Virginia BBQ in F'burg on Friday nights starting at 7pm. It's located at the corner of Fall Hill Ave and Rt 1 (near Mary Washington Hospital).
Old 10-13-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

alright thanks guys i appreciate it
Old 10-13-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

alright thanks guys i appreciate it
You're welcome. BTW, when were you on the street? I was at PI between '89-'91 with 2nd Bn.

Marc
GySgt, USMC (ret.)
Old 10-15-2009, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im fresh out of bootcamp gunny. i just finished my mos school as an mp and now am stationed at quantico at hmx1
Old 10-15-2009, 06:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

im fresh out of bootcamp gunny. i just finished my mos school as an mp and now am stationed at quantico at hmx1
lol... never mind me. I find the older I get, the more dyslectic I get. When I looked at your screen name, instead of seeing "5811", I saw "8511". That's the MOS designation for a Drill Instructor. Damn... I'm even getting too old to read.

Good luck in the Corps and keep your *** outta trouble. Oh... and not getting shot or blown up helps too.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hahaha its all good. but id love to be a DI someday and i dont have to worry about being shot or blow up seeing is how my unit is ******* non deployable and ill be here for my full first enlistment

Quick Reply: Quantico, VA F-Body Hangout Areas?