Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Reflective Belt gayness

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009 | 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I always had a crisp set of BDUs and shiny *** boots. I actually miss doing that stuff. Made me feel like I had worked toward having a good uniform, now it's like eh, dryer to body and it's fine. Granted, I'm fine with that 99.99999% of the time. I work longer hours in uniform than I did on active duty and it's nice not having to go home and dick with a uniform now.
Old 10-10-2009 | 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jperran
Im bitter about uniforms in general, we don't need another ABU rant, but I guess I was in the minority of people who was proud to put on a pressed set of BDU's and some clean boots, and now we have degenerated into a uniform you can crumple up in a ball if you want to, boots that can't stay clean, and idiot belts around the waste.
BDU's were never meant to be starched to **** and have creases that could cut someones throat. They were supposed to be wash and wear until some fuckwad started starching and pressing and it caught on quick.
Old 10-10-2009 | 08:44 AM
12 Second Club

First time I sam a reflective belt with uniform(BDUs) was in germany. Only to be worn at night on post. I was a LAMC passing thru from OEF. I thought WTF? But when It got dark I fully understood the reason. As for the PT uniform. I liked the older grey uniform(Army) . And the flight line is so busy sometimes one wont notice a taxing aircraft so it helps there. Even tho its F.O.D.
Old 10-10-2009 | 09:36 AM
Teching In

lol guess its not just the army that has some boner with reflective belts. im in iraq and if you are on a gator, polaris ranger or what not you have to wear a reflective belt no matter what time it is. our ranger has reflective tape ALL over it b/c we are retards, got bored and taped it for ***** and giggles but we still have to wear the reflective belt lol.

this is how i see it from both sides rather you are the one walking or driving. if either side doesnt see the other person/vehicle then something is seriously wrong. EVERYONE needs to pay more attention to the surroundings and then people wont get hurt as much. I know of some of the soldiers here think they own the place and will walk out in front of vehicles thinking its their right to walk on the roads.... umm the roads are for vehicles not people. so if we can get those people to realized they are not king kong and unable to be hit my a car then this will stop some of the soldiers being hit.

why cant we walk and talk on the phone? "b/c it looks unprofessional?" typical soldiers answer b/c they are not educated, its b/c some people have been hit by cars while walking and talking on the phone not paying attention..... **** like this has a factor too.

in the end im with darwin on this one letting the weaker(more dumb non attention paying) be weeded out and let the stronger(smarter more observant) survive.
Old 10-10-2009 | 02:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by adam1803
BDU's were never meant to be starched to **** and have creases that could cut someones throat. They were supposed to be wash and wear until some fuckwad started starching and pressing and it caught on quick.
I definitely think that when people go overboard and have that razor blade crease in the sleeve it looks just as bad as when they obviously haven't cared for it in 6 months.

That said, BDU's pulled out of the drier look like complete ****, so it's no wonder it caught on to clean it up before you put it on.
Old 10-10-2009 | 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

ill take a pressed and heavy starched BDU with highly polished boots, not just the ****** toes polished.. the whole boot should be like glass over a wash and wear ABU any day.
Old 10-11-2009 | 12:47 AM
NKAWTG...N

...don't get me started.

Heads will roll the day someone is stupid enough to make me O-6 or above.

And I can vouch for my other O breathern...we are just as annoyed as you. Nothing like getting denied into the DFAC (its a ******* chow hall) at the Died after a 12 hour mission because you don't have your reflective belt, have white socks on under your bag, or have some other miscellaneous/ridiculous/pathetic thing wrong with your appearance.

The AF is being driven into the ground by many of its senior leaders creating retarded policies just so they can get another star/OPR bullet. And what is up with all the Chiefs/Shirts that do nothing but enforce uniform policies while deployed? Jebus we are fighting two wars. Who gives a **** if my sunglasses are on my head instead of secured by a geek strap around my neck. SHOES BREED SHOES!!!

/drunk rant
Old 10-11-2009 | 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StoleIt
...don't get me started.

Heads will roll the day someone is stupid enough to make me O-6 or above.

And I can vouch for my other O breathern...we are just as annoyed as you. Nothing like getting denied into the DFAC (its a ******* chow hall) at the Died after a 12 hour mission because you don't have your reflective belt, have white socks on under your bag, or have some other miscellaneous/ridiculous/pathetic thing wrong with your appearance.

The AF is being driven into the ground by many of its senior leaders creating retarded policies just so they can get another star/OPR bullet. And what is up with all the Chiefs/Shirts that do nothing but enforce uniform policies while deployed? Jebus we are fighting two wars. Who gives a **** if my sunglasses are on my head instead of secured by a geek strap around my neck. SHOES BREED SHOES!!!

/drunk rant
Last time I saw you post you hadn't even started UPT yet, but you've somehow completed that, FTU, MQT, and have already deployed?
Old 10-11-2009 | 11:20 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by BADFNZ
Last time I saw you post you hadn't even started UPT yet, but you've somehow completed that, FTU, MQT, and have already deployed?
Nope I'm still in UPT.

Didn't mean to come off like any of that has happened to me. Friends have told me thats what happened to them, so second hand.

I have seen enough buffoonery just in AETC so far to be appalled regardless.
Old 10-12-2009 | 01:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by adam1803
Our new NWUs (Navy's new blue camo) just got released here in Memphis about a week and a half ago, and we have to watch a "how to wear" video. In the middle of the video it says, "Starch is NOT authorized!" They went out of their way to make it clear that the NWU is wash and wear. I think having a pressed and starched WORKING uniform is in-fukin-sane. It is meant to get dirty, that is what it is for. As for the glow belt, we changed our PT gear to a bright yellow shirt and some not as gay blue shorts, both with reflective writing. Haven't seen a glow belt yet, maybe its because I don't PT.
Old 10-12-2009 | 04:00 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Malicious
I don't necessarily agree with wearing reflective gear down range in a more hostile environment, but just stfu and color state side. It's only for your safety honestly. When I was at Hill I almost smoked a civilian at 5 am crossing in the middle of a dark road wearing dark clothing and no belt. I was doing no more than 20 mph and just couldn't see the guy. It's not that big of an issue to clip a stupid belt on is it? Wear it outside when they tell you to and take it off when it's not required anymore. The extra 2/10ths of a second each day it requires to put it on and take it off won't make you miss anything.
Yeah people like you are the people I hate in the military. And I agree with that guy deserved to get the morning wake up.
Old 10-12-2009 | 08:37 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jperran
Air Force dudes- Has the Air Force made the ******* reflective belt part of the uniform? I think I'm the only one on McChord not wearing one.
Originally Posted by Daddy
**** the system brotha! If they can't see you, they can't yell at you!

So stupid ain't it?
"We are USAF. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."
Old 10-12-2009 | 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 93camaro_zzz
Yeah people like you are the people I hate in the military. And I agree with that guy deserved to get the morning wake up.
I won't lose any sleep at night knowing some nobody hates me for my opinion on reflective belt wear. Good day sir!
Old 10-12-2009 | 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

I miss my reflective belt...
Old 10-13-2009 | 12:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Firechicken1995
why cant we walk and talk on the phone? "b/c it looks unprofessional?" typical soldiers answer b/c they are not educated, its b/c some people have been hit by cars while walking and talking on the phone not paying attention..... **** like this has a factor too.
well actually now you can walk and talk on a cell phone.... Still doesnt seem right to me though... Funny thing was I thought it was the dumbest rule "cant walk and talk on a cell phone" but you did it... Even now I still stop when I get a call and have to answer it. And it fustrates me to see people doing it LOL

Light belts here are not a huge issue. Only in hours of darkeness even on the flightline. As far as a know anyway. really at night time they make sense, but during the middle of a sunny day..... thats just retarded... As for the belt with PT gear... just someone thinking its a good ideas trying to make that next stripe/star.... IMO
Old 10-17-2009 | 07:10 PM
TECH Resident

An amazing thing happened at squadron PT the other week. I swear I never saw it coming. Aviano is a pretty retarded place sometimes, but this really floored me. Our commander said this, and I quote -

"Hey guys, I see everyone is being safe and wearing their reflective belts to PT, but since the PT uniform is reflective don't wear them with the PT outfit. You only need to wear the belt when in ABU's during the hours of darkness."

Needless to say, I was shocked. OMG someone actually grew a brain around here. And yes, I do see the flightline guys wearing belts in the food court in the middle of the day, it blows my mind.
Old 10-17-2009 | 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the only time should wear a reflective belt is during the hours of darkness on the flightline... other than that just press on with your day.

And yes the brass are driving the Air Force into the ground with their fucked antics trying to get that next rank.
Old 10-18-2009 | 01:09 AM

I know this is directed mostly at the Air Force, but in the Army it's mandatory with all PT uniforms to have a reflective belt. Also when ruck marching. I don't agree with wearing PT belts down range though, if thats what they're making you do. Reflective vests must also be worn when riding a motorcycle but i think thats DoD wide.
Old 10-26-2009 | 04:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by StoleIt

Yep now at the deid you have to salute in pt gear and have your pt shirt tucked in all the time including any activities in the gym. I can't wait to see the next rule they come out with. We'll probably have to wear a reflective belt over our saluting hand so people will notice if we salute or not while walking to the chow hall.
Old 10-26-2009 | 06:04 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BLK03KB
I know this is directed mostly at the Air Force, but in the Army it's mandatory with all PT uniforms to have a reflective belt. Also when ruck marching. I don't agree with wearing PT belts down range though, if thats what they're making you do. Reflective vests must also be worn when riding a motorcycle but i think thats DoD wide.
yeah, a reflective belt is known as a PT belt in the army. standerd data. but looks plumb damn silly with any other uniform. i was at LSA Anaconda when they started that **** that you had to wear them at night on camp in the middle of a war zone. couldnt get in the chow hall, px, mwr or anything after dark without one. ******* silly POG basterds. i always loved the look on the guys face at the clearing barrel when i dropped a mag and ejected a round.... i mean why is he looking at me funny. its a war zone and thats a clearing barrel. thats what its for. just cause he has never had a round in his weapon or been outside the wire, dont make me the crazy one....

Quick Reply: Reflective Belt gayness