Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Reflective Belt gayness

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reflective Belt gayness

Air Force dudes- Has the Air Force made the ******* reflective belt part of the uniform? I think I'm the only one on McChord not wearing one.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:30 PM
On The Tree

**** the system brotha! If they can't see you, they can't yell at you!

So stupid ain't it?
Old 10-08-2009, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Is it everyone or just us flightline guys? I think if Im too stupid to get the **** outa the way of a vehicle on the line, I deserve to get ran over.

Sidenote, N.Korea teaches their infantry to shoot 12-18 inches above the shimmer of a reflective belt.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Banned

It's everyone, including SF on duty except for the STS and the ASOS
Old 10-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Launching!

yup its pretty dumb, nothing says shoot me like a shiney target all the way around you.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't necessarily agree with wearing reflective gear down range in a more hostile environment, but just stfu and color state side. It's only for your safety honestly. When I was at Hill I almost smoked a civilian at 5 am crossing in the middle of a dark road wearing dark clothing and no belt. I was doing no more than 20 mph and just couldn't see the guy. It's not that big of an issue to clip a stupid belt on is it? Wear it outside when they tell you to and take it off when it's not required anymore. The extra 2/10ths of a second each day it requires to put it on and take it off won't make you miss anything.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:24 AM
12 Second Club

we have assigned colors for all our units on base...well flightline units....****** GAY!!

but ours our lime green so its cool lol
Old 10-09-2009, 05:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Malicious
I don't necessarily agree with wearing reflective gear down range in a more hostile environment, but just stfu and color state side. It's only for your safety honestly. When I was at Hill I almost smoked a civilian at 5 am crossing in the middle of a dark road wearing dark clothing and no belt. I was doing no more than 20 mph and just couldn't see the guy. It's not that big of an issue to clip a stupid belt on is it? Wear it outside when they tell you to and take it off when it's not required anymore. The extra 2/10ths of a second each day it requires to put it on and take it off won't make you miss anything.
anyone dumb enough to not see/avoid a slow moving car probably could use a good year wake-up call.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:24 AM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What I don't ******* get is people are made to wear reflective belt w/ the PT gear. The whole PT uniform has reflective material.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sparky1397r
anyone dumb enough to not see/avoid a slow moving car probably could use a good year wake-up call.
Well if you aren't a dumbass you shouldn't need one. Its the damn idiots driving on base not paying attention while driving 10/20 mph and/or the idiots playing in the road. Its just another thing to add to the list. Or lets issue/make black backpacks only while in uniform. yeah black so it stands out so you can get your *** ran over...

We already have those gay *** PT short shorts. I know someone was laughing from the board that helped decide on those....
Old 10-09-2009, 07:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE=2002TAWS6Pontiac;12339719] Its the damn idiots driving on base not paying attention while ....
QUOTE]

lol, sounds like Hill AFB... eff'ing civilians
Old 10-09-2009, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002TAWS6Pontiac
Its the damn idiots driving on base not paying attention while ....
QUOTE]

lol, sounds like Hill AFB... eff'ing civilians
It was on the road by the shoppette heading towards the flightline right by the big *** old school temp living facilities. Dood walked right out in front of me wearing nothing but dark clothes, not even remotely close to a crosswalk then looks at me like I'm the *******. Not like I was driving with my headlights off and my TA isn't exactly quiet. I dunno, I personally don't give a f'ck about wearing a reflective belt. It isn't a fashion show in uniform, just put the dumb thing on and avoid the annoyance of some QA ***** or wing safety ***** busting your ***** about it.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

Don't forget your glow strap!! haha
Old 10-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Banned

Personally, I think it looks unprofessional. I could understand if it was like night time only or something, but you look like a complete moron when you have a giant reflective belt around your uniform in broad *** daylight.

And +1 on the PT gear thing, it's reflective already.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:54 PM
TECH Regular

i know i felt like a huge tool havin to wear those in kuwait comein back from iraq. i can understand for pt cus most of the time its early morning and kind of dark and not to mention theres a **** load of civs on the base but in kuwait there isnt much traffic so i dont get that.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:22 PM
FormerVendor

It was on the road by the shoppette heading towards the flightline right by the big *** old school temp living facilities. Dood walked right out in front of me wearing nothing but dark clothes, not even remotely close to a crosswalk then looks at me like I'm the *******. Not like I was driving with my headlights off and my TA isn't exactly quiet. I dunno, I personally don't give a f'ck about wearing a reflective belt. It isn't a fashion show in uniform, just put the dumb thing on and avoid the annoyance of some QA ***** or wing safety ***** busting your ***** about it.
Just had to chime in,

Its like a crazy phenomenon, around 0600 its a damn civilian rampage lol. I feel like a minority up here.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jperran
Personally, I think it looks unprofessional. I could understand if it was like night time only or something, but you look like a complete moron when you have a giant reflective belt around your uniform in broad *** daylight.

And +1 on the PT gear thing, it's reflective already.
Was the thread intended to mean wearing it in the middle of the day? Then yeah, it's stupid as **** to be required to wear it. If it goes to that even I will have a problem with it. If it's dark out yeah just wear it. I thought we were talking about in hours of darkness. I didn't know some places were having people wear it all the time, that's fawkin stupid.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

i think its up to the base commander to deciede when its worn and that. I know it was annyoning going from base to base enroute to my deployment, everyone had a different requirement. All had it for Abu's after dark, but with PT gear was hit or miss.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
i think its up to the base commander to deciede when its worn and that. I know it was annyoning going from base to base enroute to my deployment, everyone had a different requirement. All had it for Abu's after dark, but with PT gear was hit or miss.
EXACTLY!!! its the base commanders policy!! who knows maybe the commander had a previous bad experience and if a troop maybe had a reflective belt it could have saved a life and that hes looking out for you.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Banned

Was the thread intended to mean wearing it in the middle of the day? Then yeah, it's stupid as **** to be required to wear it. If it goes to that even I will have a problem with it. If it's dark out yeah just wear it. I thought we were talking about in hours of darkness. I didn't know some places were having people wear it all the time, that's fawkin stupid.

Well it was inspired by walking to lunch on a clear sunny day and seeing everyone in reflective belts, but I didn't mention that in the 1st post.

Im bitter about uniforms in general, we don't need another ABU rant, but I guess I was in the minority of people who was proud to put on a pressed set of BDU's and some clean boots, and now we have degenerated into a uniform you can crumple up in a ball if you want to, boots that can't stay clean, and idiot belts around the waste.

Quick Reply: Reflective Belt gayness