Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Coward Marines??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Packy
Can every Marine carry a rifle? Yes, can they do it well enought to say I am just as good as an 0311.?. No way in hell! Where as there are some exceptions to that, but I still mean what I said. I have seen Riggers, Comm guys, and few other guys from various mos's do well but it was because they wanted to and had the drive to put forth some serious work.
There is a good reason for this. i was an exception to the rule, i shot a 246 in boot camp- one point from company high shooter. and i was company iron man with a 300 plus pft. i was an 1812 tanker! i could shoot with almost any 0311, but was that my job? NO! my job was to be the best TANKER i could be. granted you put that good ol rifle in my hands and i could get it done! but would i want a gunner in my tank that was a sub par gunner but an expert rifleman? HELLLLLL NO! i want the gunner who is gonna save my *** and the 0311's *** on occasion. every marine is a rifleman. now whether they are expert, sharpshooter, or marksman is a different story. and lets be honest a marksman in the Corps makes most of the riflemen in the world look bad anyway. you slap an m16 in the hand of a marine, they are gonna know what to do with it. that **** is POUNDED in your head for weeks on end. that is something you NEVER forget. HONOR, COURAGE, COMMITMENT. SEMPER FI...
Old 11-04-2009, 09:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by green96ta
There is a good reason for this. i was an exception to the rule, i shot a 246 in boot camp- one point from company high shooter. and i was company iron man with a 300 plus pft. i was an 1812 tanker! i could shoot with almost any 0311, but was that my job? NO! my job was to be the best TANKER i could be. granted you put that good ol rifle in my hands and i could get it done! but would i want a gunner in my tank that was a sub par gunner but an expert rifleman? HELLLLLL NO! i want the gunner who is gonna save my *** and the 0311's *** on occasion. every marine is a rifleman. now whether they are expert, sharpshooter, or marksman is a different story. and lets be honest a marksman in the Corps makes most of the riflemen in the world look bad anyway. you slap an m16 in the hand of a marine, they are gonna know what to do with it. that **** is POUNDED in your head for weeks on end. that is something you NEVER forget. HONOR, COURAGE, COMMITMENT. SEMPER FI...

I agree 1000% my friend. SEMPER FI
Old 11-12-2009, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by green96ta
you slap an m16 in the hand of a marine, they are gonna know what to do with it. that **** is POUNDED in your head for weeks on end. that is something you NEVER forget. ..
true, at least untill it malfunctions.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't see the video but everyone reacts differently their first time.

Originally Posted by Spartan7
I'm with you there. I was in Ar Ramadi and we got mortared nearly every day. You can't do **** when you hear that whistling except pray one doesn't hit you.
Werd up mother f*cker. Ramadi '05. I strutted around that place like I was bulletproof until I spent one morning cleaning up body parts between the softball field and the chowhall.

I had a different respect for IDF after that. At least you know when you're being shot at and a general direction from which it's coming.

Quick Reply: Coward Marines??