Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Ft Hood Shootings

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I just got home guys, and I am thanking god.

I was supposed to be there today where the shooting was, 4 guys in my unit got shot. One took a round to the arm and is ok, they have not told us anything about the other 3.

On one hand I thank god that I wasnt there, on the other hand I wish I would have been because I feel like maybe i could have done something to save some of the people.

Im very upset right now so this is the only post i will be making about this tonight
Old 11-05-2009, 09:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 193 Posts

Hope your guys get better.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could not believe this when I saw it posted on a local forum I frequently post on. I truly hope that something positive is done to prevent something like this from happening again.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:20 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

Jimmy glad your okay bro. Does suck on wishing you where there to help if you could but on the other hand you could be a number.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 193 Posts

Well latest is that the shitbag is alive..the officer that was shot and reported KIA is alive and out of sugery.

Last word was comfirmed 12 dead, 31 wounded.

It's a sad day.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:26 AM
12 Second Club

im very sorry to hear about this. my prayers go out those effected
Old 11-06-2009, 06:39 AM
12 Second Club

The latest news on this situation thats airing this morning is very disturbing. Apparently this SOB was already on the radar....(and numbers are now 13 dead 30 wounded, so they lost another victim)

From Yahoo news:

The suspected shooter, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, was on a ventilator and unconscious in a hospital after being shot four times during the shootings at the Army's sprawling Fort Hood, post officials said. In the early chaos after the shootings, authorities believed they had killed him, only to discover later that he had survived.

In Washington, a senior U.S. official said authorities at Fort Hood initially thought one of the victims who had been shot and killed was the shooter. The mistake resulted in a delay of several hours in identifying Hasan as the alleged assailant.

Authorities have not ruled out that Hasan was acting on behalf of some unidentified radical group, the official said. He would not say whether any evidence had come to light to support that theory.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss matters that were under investigation.

The motive for the shooting wasn't clear, but Hasan was apparently set to deploy soon, and had expressed some anger about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said generals at Fort Hood told her that Hasan was about to deploy overseas. Retired Col. Terry Lee, who said he had worked with Hasan, told Fox News he was being sent to Afghanistan.

Lee said Hasan had hoped Obama would pull troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq and got into frequent arguments with others in the military who supported the wars.

For six years before reporting for duty at Fort Hood, in July, the 39-year-old Army major worked at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center pursuing a career in psychiatry, as an intern, a resident and, last year, a fellow in disaster and preventive psychiatry. He received his medical degree from the military's Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Md., in 2001.

But his record wasn't sterling. At Walter Reed, he received a poor performance evaluation, according to an official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case publicly. And while he was an intern, Hasan had some "difficulties" that required counseling and extra supervision, said Dr. Thomas Grieger, who was the training director at the time.

At least six months ago, Hasan came to the attention of law enforcement officials because of Internet postings about suicide bombings and other threats, including posts that equated suicide bombers to soldiers who throw themselves on a grenade to save the lives of their comrades.

Investigators had not determined for certain whether Hasan was the author of the posting, and a formal investigation had not been opened before the shooting, said law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss the case.

The FBI, local police and other agencies searched Hasan's apartment Thursday night after evacuating the complex in Killeen, said city spokeswoman Hilary Shine. She referred questions about what was found to the FBI. The FBI in Dallas referred questions to a spokesman who was not immediately available early Friday morning.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:54 AM
11 Second Club

def a tragedey and my prayers go out to the families, friends, and fellow brothers in army who were effected by this event today.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Teching In

Thoughts and prayers to the soldiers at Fort Hood. Also prayers for the families of those fallen and wounded.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Definitely a sad state of affairs when a person responsible for treating PTSD goes on a shooting spree because he is getting deployed. I hope they learn from this.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Launching!

Did they ever verify who took this mad man out? before he could kill/injure more...This person is a Hero in my eyes...But Ive herd nonthing about the person..They just say first responder...

first responder could be..

paramedic who found a gun lying around
military police officer
department of defence civilian police Officer
Texas Police Officer

Who put him down? Who ever you are Thank you and God Bless you as I herd this person was either hospitalized or killed my the mad man or yet to be confirmed terrorist..
Old 11-06-2009, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

Hero article here.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/06/...ley/index.html
Old 11-07-2009, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
It just goes to show what we are doing to our soldiers. "1 year to recuperate and stay home" isn't enough. It's been 5 years since I was in Afghanistan and that **** still sticks with me. And I didn't even see combat! You can't erase those memories and those chemical changes that effect the brain.

It's a tragedy.. prayers to all effected.

Dude you didn't even see combat and is complain about 1 year of dwell? I've been deployed for the last six years on a seven and seven, and I'm sure others on here have done the same. Been engaged in actually combat and not crying about it, it's what we as a military enlisted to do is fight wars. If we didn't want to do that then we should of move to France or something. The guy that did this is a pu**y plain and simple, if he wanted out of the deployment there's other ways to go about it. He deserved what he got. I think they should let the families of the soilders take care of him.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Well I just got home guys, and I am thanking god.

I was supposed to be there today where the shooting was, 4 guys in my unit got shot. One took a round to the arm and is ok, they have not told us anything about the other 3.

On one hand I thank god that I wasnt there, on the other hand I wish I would have been because I feel like maybe i could have done something to save some of the people.

Im very upset right now so this is the only post i will be making about this tonight
hang in there. all of us here hve your back
Old 11-07-2009, 02:01 AM
On The Tree

this is horrible, this is ridiculas... i hope the best for everyone there at Fort Hood..

I hope that guy comes out of coma so they can punish him with the Texas and UCMJ legal system. He won't last long in prison...
Old 11-07-2009, 08:14 AM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

Military still has death Penilty. Fkr needs it to say the least. But again he raised questions with local and higher PD and yet no one acted on it or check further into it. Now its to damn late. I work in Law Enforcement and hate when people pass the buck on things like this. To much of it is going on now with any job.
Hope those hurt make a full and speedy recovery and those families of those lost remember the good times and joy their family brought them along with that their death not to go invain.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:31 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackws69
Dude you didn't even see combat and is complain about 1 year of dwell? I've been deployed for the last six years on a seven and seven, and I'm sure others on here have done the same. Been engaged in actually combat and not crying about it, it's what we as a military enlisted to do is fight wars. If we didn't want to do that then we should of move to France or something. The guy that did this is a pu**y plain and simple, if he wanted out of the deployment there's other ways to go about it. He deserved what he got. I think they should let the families of the soilders take care of him.

well i dont see combat either but ive also been deployed 7 times in 5 yrs...6 months at a time...and i'll gladly go back whenever i get the chance...u dont have to see combat to be affected by being overseas...ive seen dead navy seals/green berets/pj's/and rangers being brought off of our talon 2's and its not a sight i ever wish upon anyone...so u can be affected by not seeing ACTUAL combat...that being said i am not affected..

and thoughts and prayers to all the people in FT. hood...god bless.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Found out last night that a girl that was in my "click" back in high school got shot three times, but is going to be alright. It sucks that this kind of **** happens. What a selfish piece of **** to shoot all of those people.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

My thoughts and prayers also to the victims and the families of those affected. . . I hope to God justice is served to this man. ABC news made me so freggin mad, making the killer out to be a victim, saying he was harrassed for his ethnics and religion. Give me a f**king break. He is 39, and a major in the US military, and can't handle people "picking" on him. . .please!

Also he had commented on the US involvement in Iraq, basicly saying he didn't agree with it. . . .that, along with his ethnics/beliefs should have been a red flag and a conflict of interest. They should have recognized that and gave him other duties. If he wanted out, there are other ways. I hope he at least gets to meet with the "girl" who took him down and she lets him know what a big f**king ***** he really is.

Lets hope our Nobel Peace Prize winner doesn't go soft on this one!
Old 11-07-2009, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

should be a fast Court Marshall and i still think under militarty law death by firing squad is still active..? but he'll probably just get the needle after sitting on death row in Leavenworth. but it was done in texas so he's probabaly got a ticket for a ride in the express lane to the next world