Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Marine infantry vs. Army infantry...need info

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 04:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you're fat? our "soft" AF wouldn't even talk to you..
Old 03-25-2010, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sparky1397r
you're fat? our "soft" AF wouldn't even talk to you..
chunky, i lift alot of weights aswell soooo...
Good AF is my "maby a 3rd/ last option" and would rather find a civilian job rather then being bored to death the the damn "AF" lol
Old 03-25-2010, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

What is your height and age? I'll tell you right now where you need to be on join weight and boot camp weight.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mySStery_machine
What is your height and age? I'll tell you right now where you need to be on join weight and boot camp weight.
i already know were i need to be for the military. round 185. ill be ready
Old 03-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by '02SOMz28
chunky, i lift alot of weights aswell soooo...
Good AF is my "maby a 3rd/ last option" and would rather find a civilian job rather then being bored to death the the damn "AF" lol
ignorance is bliss, chubby.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Banned

You really sound like the guy who after about 2 years absolutely hates his life, the Marines, and the military. blah blah Marines blah blah air force is gay blah blah **** education blah blah blah. See you on the off ramp in 40 years.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01turdbird
There is nothing more special (except maybe the commercials) or hard about being in the Marines over the Army. I know two dudes who were in the Corp, one who was a grunt and the other was in force recon, They both went Army to go SF after working with a ODA downrange. They both just liked the way the Army operates better than the Corps. The Army has some major downsides and some great upsides exactly the same as the Marines. I just kind of get tired of hearing the whole either its in you to be a marine or its not. You have to love it to go through some of what you'll go through. The funny thing is that you usally only hear this from new guys or pogs. I have never heard a MARSOC or Recon guy talk about how badass you had to be just to be in the Corps. Kind of tells you something dont it.
You're not to smart.... Ask one your friends to interpret my statement. I don’t' care what you're tired of. This is about the OP making his decision.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jperran
You really sound like the guy who after about 2 years absolutely hates his life, the Marines, and the military. blah blah Marines blah blah air force is gay blah blah **** education blah blah blah. See you on the off ramp in 40 years.
ummmm no!
Old 03-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ummmm no!
Wow Jperran "stop trollin" and nice signature there "MOTARD"!
Old 03-29-2010, 05:27 AM
Banned

they see me rollin...
Old 03-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Teching In

[QUOTE=1999vetteroo;13100620]You're not to smart.... Ask one your friends to interpret my statement. I don’t' care what you're tired of. This is about the OP making his decision[QUOTE=1999vetteroo

Whats the matter buddy the POG comment hittting a little to close to home. So if you are so much smarter than me why dont you tell me how people are supposed to take this other than it is harder to be a Marine than in the Army

[QUOTE=1999vetteroo You either love the Corp or you don't... If you're unsure about it, just join the army. I say this because, either its in you to be a marine or its not. [QUOTE=1999vetteroo
Old 04-05-2010, 12:37 AM
11 Second Club

Pick whichever you feel is best. I'm a Amtracker here and love my job. Pieces of ****?...yes lol...pretty badass at the same time. There are always other jobs that are very close to being a grunt while getting to do the same ****. Any grunt that has deployed has had an AAV unit attach to them and we do the same **** they do. To each his own.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
Pick whichever you feel is best. I'm a Amtracker here and love my job. Pieces of ****?...yes lol...pretty badass at the same time. There are always other jobs that are very close to being a grunt while getting to do the same ****. Any grunt that has deployed has had an AAV unit attach to them and we do the same **** they do. To each his own.
Yeah I hate AAV's GD Those Things Suck To Ride In....But I would pick a job that will benefit you the best, for w/e job your thinking about doing in the future when you get out!

And hey man I thought you were gonna hook it up with some tires?
Old 04-05-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
Yeah I hate AAV's GD Those Things Suck To Ride In....But I would pick a job that will benefit you the best, for w/e job your thinking about doing in the future when you get out!

And hey man I thought you were gonna hook it up with some tires?
When i get out im going through the State Trooper Academy. Iv talked to many Troopers and they said just as many infantry guys get in and do great as MP's do. So i will stick to infantry
Old 04-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Banned

When i get out im going through the State Trooper Academy. Iv talked to many Troopers and they said just as many infantry guys get in and do great as MP's do. So i will stick to infantry
I would def put that 90k Post GI Bill to use and get a degree first. I have two uncles that just retired from being cops, one was a Texas state trooper another was with the Dallas bomb squad. Both said they wish they would have got there degrees for better pay and encase of being laid off you always have something to fall back on! Just a heads up! I wanted to be a cop too but I am done with anything military related...so I am becoming a high school teacher!
Old 04-06-2010, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by redws618
listen to this clown, typical jarhead ****, marines are higher standard individuals. army grunts and marine grunts do the same **** but they have 7 month deployments as opposed to 12 to 15 month deployments for the army.
That's because it takes them that much longer to get it right the first time.

I am active Navy. Been in for 10. I wouldn't change it for anything. I love it. It is what you make of it. I have thought, from time to time that I should have joined the marines. But honestly. With my mentality, I wouldn't have survived for as long as I have.

I have worked with the army NG and marines. Marines for 4 years, Army NG for the past year. And I have to tell you. I am sorry, but Marines hand down. Army NG, at least the ones that I work with. Are ******* retarded.. Smokers is about the only thing I get a kick out of, from the army. Granite its NG, there are a lot of 16th that can be thrown in the same pile of worthless.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
I would def put that 90k Post GI Bill to use and get a degree first. I have two uncles that just retired from being cops, one was a Texas state trooper another was with the Dallas bomb squad. Both said they wish they would have got there degrees for better pay and encase of being laid off you always have something to fall back on! Just a heads up! I wanted to be a cop too but I am done with anything military related...so I am becoming a high school teacher!
Right im in college now for secondary education so i can coach football, but yes im gunna try to get my associate degree before i get out.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by crazylane
That's because it takes them that much longer to get it right the first time.

I am active Navy. Been in for 10. I wouldn't change it for anything. I love it. It is what you make of it. I have thought, from time to time that I should have joined the marines. But honestly. With my mentality, I wouldn't have survived for as long as I have.

I have worked with the army NG and marines. Marines for 4 years, Army NG for the past year. And I have to tell you. I am sorry, but Marines hand down. Army NG, at least the ones that I work with. Are ******* retarded.. Smokers is about the only thing I get a kick out of, from the army. Granite its NG, there are a lot of 16th that can be thrown in the same pile of worthless.
You can't compare Active Duty Marines to NG Army, I tried to come up with a funny analogy but was flooded with too many to pick.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jperran
You can't compare Active Duty Marines to NG Army, I tried to come up with a funny analogy but was flooded with too many to pick.
I work with active army too. 16th.

But you are right. My bust!
Old 04-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by acertx
4 Weeks of drill and ceremony? LOL Does it really take that much time for someone to learn parade rest attention fall out? Just how much of that "field training" is some guy who sits in an office going to remember in a few years? I hardly count that as making 1 paper pusher superior to another one.
The higher reasoning behind so much drill and ceremony in boot camp is that it's a good form of entry-level disciplinary training. Enforcing the recruits to execute a very simple task as quickly and efficiently as possible without hesitation or question. A critical skill needed when in a combat environment. For a lot of recruits it makes for a new level of stress when coupled with the DI's intensity and behavior. They learn to deal with this stress and prepare themselves to go on to deal with more and more as they go along.
Method to the madness isn't just a myth or a copout. Regardless of how many view these little things as bullshit there is almost always a reason behind the things that aren't necessarily immediately recognized as valuable.
I myself am also 03 Marine. Semper Fi.

Quick Reply: Marine infantry vs. Army infantry...need info