Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

GMHTP disrepects our flag!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 03:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Dude, it's just a flag - some cloth.
I do think they should so a military issue though.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fucter, go **** yourself.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fucter
Douche bag go jump off a cliff
Old 04-07-2010, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FHPB4C
Not sure if the tech Jose is an american citizen but.... someone needs to let this shop know disrespecting the flag like that is total bullshit. Many men and women lay their lives out for our country and out flag should be treated with high regard. My brothers and I raised and lowered our flag on a daily basis and never let it touch the ground!
OK I'm the owner of TuneTime Performance ... First a couple of Facts
1. We have 3 Vet's working here SunShine 101st , Jose 18 Cav , Justin Marine Core
2. The Photographer is a Friend and I have a inbox full of patriotic Emails from him . He has many friends in the service over sea's now.
We didn't know till we got the issue
We all apologize for the bad or lack there of Judgement ...

Thanks
Matt Hauffe
Owner
TuneTime Performance
Old 04-07-2010, 05:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a great deal of familiy and friends in the military and to be honest with you I would have never thought of this as a sign of disrespect. Clearly by reading this thread that is a lack of knowledge on my part. I just learned and I am glad I have never made the same mistake. Does that make me any less of a proud and honorable American? Does it mean that I am disrespcting my country and the great servicemen that give us the freedom to make bone head decisions? I sure hope not.

Anyone that has ever talked to me and told me they were in the military knows how I feel about what they do and I try to always express my appreciation in any manner I can.

My wife is an art major and has taken many photography classes. They teach you to be creative and use differnet techniques to draw attention to detail. I think the issue here was it was an attempt to be creative and a lack of knowledge. I bet the same mistake is never made twice.... If it were, that would be an attentional lack of disrespect. After reading the post above about the laws of our flag I learned things I never knew and I have tons of friends and familiy in the military... But keep in mind I have never been in.

There is no reason to hold a grudge against them for a mistake made out of accident.. Now these ******** burning our flags and spiting in our faces while being on our dirt in our country... Thos are the ******** that deserve to get theres..

This should be more of a hey GMHTP.. That was a bone head move and we take offense to that and this is why..

Not you suck! I hate U! Ill never read your magazine again etc..

Let the guys apologize and learn from there mistake. This is America.. Thank God...

On another Note.. Thank you guys for everything you do for our country and the freedoms you make possible for everyone that lives here.

God Bless you guys.
Nitro Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 04-07-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well spoken, we NEED to let them correct this and move on. I love my service, country and flag, but this is beating a dead horse!

-SS
Old 04-07-2010, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs down

Yeah, and the Bible is just paper, my wedding ring is just metal, etc.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Must have started out as an idea... American Racing Headers = American theme = add a flag = added a flag in an inappropriate way.

Scott and the guys feel real bad about it, I'm sorry too.
Gotta agree with you.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Scott@GMHTP
Thank you for your understanding. I am saddened by this event and its effect on our readers. We are all entitled to our opinions (what I was alluding to in the first apology), however, certain things like laws (or the Flag Code in this case) aren't up for debate. They are clearly defined, and when you cross the line there is no going back. All you can do is apologize. This was a mistake, one that we are all learning from and looking to put behind us. I hope that you can accept this apology and do the same.
Scott - An apology is one thing. However, the first attempt, by your own admission, was not an apology. It was a weak attempt to justify your "opinion". Any subsequent attempt at an apology is a simple effort to back pedal your way in damage control. Your lack of patriotism has been duly noted. I shall not renew my GMHTP subscription until the editor is someone other than you.

Marc
GySgt, USMC (ret.)
Old 04-08-2010, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

Nytmare1: I am sorry to hear that...that is your choice and I respect that. However, that was not an attempt to justify what I did at all. I think you are reading too much into it. I was actually referring to the many negative comments that I received as the result...when someone says or does something that offends you, in this country you have the right to speak out against them. I can assure you it is no fun being on the bad end of that, but I am thankful that we have that ability thanks to the hard working men and women that fought for our freedom.

If anyone has any suggestions of how we can make it up to you, please share. I like the military appreciation issue idea, we've been looking to do something like that for a while.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nytmare1
Scott - An apology is one thing. However, the first attempt, by your own admission, was not an apology. It was a weak attempt to justify your "opinion". Any subsequent attempt at an apology is a simple effort to back pedal your way in damage control. Your lack of patriotism has been duly noted. I shall not renew my GMHTP subscription until the editor is someone other than you.

Marc
GySgt, USMC (ret.)
agreed.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

... your welcome for...
Old 04-08-2010, 10:10 AM
9 Second Club

wow, rest assure GMHTP wont be doin that stupid **** again. Might be time for a regime change.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Teching In

I gotta say, it's perfectly acceptable to be upset over that pic, and we all should have been. But some of you are being ridiculous. It was a mistake... there were probably just a couple guys on the scene at the time, and they thought it would be cool to have an American flag in front of the American Racing brand parts. This isn't something we should be leading the lynch mob over, they fucked up, they've apologized, and will do so again in the next issue, end of story. It's a bit over dramatic to STILL be angry, pounding keyboard how the first apology wasn't "good enough" or whatever, and how the staff members responsible need to be fired, their credit history destroyed, their kids taken by child protective services, their cars impounded..... Ok no one "said" that last stuff, but you get the idea. Out of all the issues ever put out by GMHTP, how many pictures in how many issues were taken in this way? 1. Yeah, lets burn their building down over it.

And yes, since it seems to be an underlying theme to the thread, as hinted by my SN, I'm a veteran myself, and spent my share of time in Iraq as a Marine 0311.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Launching!

I totally agree with TH. It is an unfortunate oversight on their part, one I'm sure they may (apparently) pay for with dropped subscriptions and furious anger pronounced over the internet, but this obviously was not a move to purposefully desecrate the American Flag. We're all human and make mistakes.

I can guarantee GMHTP will be more careful in editing and photography from now on, and will definitely pay more attention to what they do when situating the American Flag for a picture.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by BADFNZ
Yeah, and the Bible is just paper, my wedding ring is just metal, etc.
anything only has value because that's what we put into it.

for World Cup 2006 at my job we hung one flag of every nation playing on our walls, and while waiting to be hung each flag was drapped on a step ladder with a small bit touching the floor?

Have I just upset every country in the world? If so who really cares?
Old 04-08-2010, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ludicrist2500hd
OK I'm the owner of TuneTime Performance ... First a couple of Facts
1. We have 3 Vet's working here SunShine 101st , Jose 18 Cav , Justin Marine Core
2. The Photographer is a Friend and I have a inbox full of patriotic Emails from him . He has many friends in the service over sea's now.
We didn't know till we got the issue
We all apologize for the bad or lack there of Judgement ...

Thanks
Matt Hauffe
Owner
TuneTime Performance
I have 3 friends who were killed alongside me in the summer of 2005 bearing the title US Marine. Do them, and all the others in the past, present, and future the appropriate honor and educate yourself. Spell it correctly, It's Marine Corps... and YES, it's a very big deal.

In regards to GMHTP, that's inexcusable. Veteran or not, that shouldn't be acceptable or looked over as 'oh, bad judgment'. That apology was **** poor and an attempt to defend yourself. You're welcome for that right.

A piece of cloth? Making excuses instead of owning up to a mistake like a man? A matter of expression?

**** OFF.

"For those who fight to protect it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."
Old 04-08-2010, 04:27 PM
10 Second Club

LOL, this has gotten crazy. GMHTP makes a bone head mistake, and now they hate the United States?

Scott: I think it's great that you feel the patriotic urge to include our flag in your magazine. Next time you feel the need to do so, please keep in mind all those that have given their lives to defend the colors, and treat our flag with respect.

Nuff said

TSgt Jeremy Miller
Old 04-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Longshot LCMS
In regards to GMHTP, that's inexcusable. Veteran or not, that shouldn't be acceptable or looked over as 'oh, bad judgment'. That apology was **** poor and an attempt to defend yourself. You're welcome for that right.

A piece of cloth? Making excuses instead of owning up to a mistake like a man? A matter of expression?

**** OFF.

"For those who fight to protect it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

So what exactly are they supposed to do now? They fucked up and put a flag on the ground.... should we all go over there and beat them without mercy? Should everyone stop buying GMHTP forever? Should their lives be ruined from this point on? While I agree with you that a flag is much much more than simply a piece of cloth, what more can you do besides admit the mistake and not do it again? It's not like they took a pic of the flag with a turd on it then destroyed it with a burnout by a Civic... they put it on the ground in a lapse of judgment. Its pretty obvious they're not a bunch of Jane Fonda sympathizers over there, what possible purpose could be served by taking this "revenge for putting a flag on the ground" business too far?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Teufel Hunden
So what exactly are they supposed to do now? They fucked up and put a flag on the ground.... should we all go over there and beat them without mercy? Should everyone stop buying GMHTP forever? Should their lives be ruined from this point on? While I agree with you that a flag is much much more than simply a piece of cloth, what more can you do besides admit the mistake and not do it again? It's not like they took a pic of the flag with a turd on it then destroyed it with a burnout by a Civic... they put it on the ground in a lapse of judgment. Its pretty obvious they're not a bunch of Jane Fonda sympathizers over there, what possible purpose could be served by taking this "revenge for putting a flag on the ground" business too far?
I never said anything about revenge. I'm not spiteful, I'm just angry. The apology posted was pitiful. The photographer attempted to defend his actions by stating that it was about expression which is garbage. I wouldn't have such a bad taste in his mouth had he been a man and said "You're right, I fucked up and didn't think about what I was doing. I apologize for my actions and I'll see to it that I don't make the mistake again and that the flag is disposed of correctly".

Something along those lines would have been better than what he originally posted... almost anything short of public desecration would have been better than what he originally posted.

Quick Reply: GMHTP disrepects our flag!?