Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Doctor says live with the pain...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 07:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surgery

I had my entire lumbar L-1 to S-1 fused together. Worst pain my life, but it was good descision. But they are giving me the boot too! i got 90 or so days left. I am a 2t251, and I am gunna miss this ****. I just hope to get 30% and retired at least so my new born can get TRI CARE PRIME.....what they give you?
Old 04-30-2010, 07:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CajunZ
I had my entire lumbar L-1 to S-1 fused together. Worst pain my life, but it was good descision. But they are giving me the boot too! i got 90 or so days left. I am a 2t251, and I am gunna miss this ****. I just hope to get 30% and retired at least so my new born can get TRI CARE PRIME.....what they give you?
Holy ****! L-1 to S-1! Ummm, you get 50% disability for sleep apnea...

Currently going through the claim process becuase an MRI was done 3-4 years after I got out. Though, when they said something was not right with my back, they gave me 20% for that issue.

Guys you need to check this link out. It shows what % you get for an issue you have.

http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/bookc.html

So, in my case I went to the section 4.71a-20 "The Spine"

It helps if you have the medical term becuase you can do a Ctrl F search and find the word in the document.

Also, it will tell you how the VA comes up with the % of disability, it is all in this document.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:48 AM
Teching In

Default dam

I think anyone is hurt ot developes a life altering didability while on active duty, they and their family should be aken care of completly for the rest of there life!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CajunZ
I think anyone is hurt ot developes a life altering didability while on active duty, they and their family should be aken care of completly for the rest of there life!
See, whats funny about the VA is this.

I have TWO injuries that will need surgery (one is in a few months and the other is when I just cant take the pain anymore) and I got 0% on my first rating decision from the VA although BOTH were service connected and recognized by the VA as on duty injuries.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bballr4567
See, whats funny about the VA is this.

I have TWO injuries that will need surgery (one is in a few months and the other is when I just cant take the pain anymore) and I got 0% on my first rating decision from the VA although BOTH were service connected and recognized by the VA as on duty injuries.

Having a 0% is the first step. So, take the medical term the VA sent you in the Disability rating provided.

Go to the link for the Web Automated Reference Material System (WARMS) http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/bookc.html#d

In the WARMS it will tell you how the VA rates the condition. This will help you fill out the VA Form 21-4138 http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-4138-ARE.pdf

If you need help on what to put down, let me know. The TVC helped me fill mine out.

This form will be sent to your VA regional office. Send that **** certified USPS.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Its already in the works.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bballr4567
Its already in the works.

Awesome bud. I am at 7 months from the time I filed for something the VA found with their MRI and their Doctor! LOL WTF!

Quick Reply: Doctor says live with the pain...