Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

best bank/credit union

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best bank/credit union

whats the best bank to get a loan though i got a good score but my length isnt good enough for usaa so any ideas??
Old 06-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Teching In

I honestly dont know about other banks and stuff, but I was gonna say USAA, and suprised that they wouldnt help you out. Are you trying to get a personal loan or a car loan?

Just avoid Pioneer or Omni, they advertise they can help everyone out,and cater to military, but I know a few people who needed a loan and ended up paying like 15-20% interest.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Teching In

trying to get a car loan i had a ommini loan got a grand payed 220 back to them wasnt to bad yeah i thought usaa would of helped always heard good things
Old 06-07-2010, 04:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Navy Federal CU if you have one around you.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:41 PM
12 Second Club

I'm assuming your younger. If so that would explain USAA not willing to hook you up. I would say go with a local credit union and pull a car loan with them. Pay on it for a while, then refy with USAA after you build more credit.
Tate
Old 06-07-2010, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

What about Eisenhower? I've currently got everything through Security Service FCU.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:44 AM
On The Tree

USAA. If you ever get stationed overseas you'll find out how easy it is to register your vehicle with USAA. Also, I have found that their banking, loans and insurance are very easy to work with. They also give newly commissionees a $25,000 or $30,000 loan at 1% interest, not sure on the timeline though. And you can use that money for anything, invest it, buy a car/boat/motorcycle/down payment on a house, pay off debt, or use it for beer money. They just want your business and they are good. I don't know too many senior officers who do not use USAA.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Teching In

I usually go with Navy Federal Credit Union. They usually have low rates and offer 1/4 percent off whatever rate you qualify for if you do direct deposits to the loan. I had a motorcycle financed through them for 11% which was kind of high but i had shady credit at that time but after two years of paying on the bike i called and told them i was going to refinance the motorcycle through another credit union unless the lowered my rate, it dropped to 9.25% which wasn't bad. If you cant use USAA go with a credit union because the usually offer lower rates because they are smaller.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

if u just got to your duty station, usually the local credit union will help out. after a few months or a year or two, just refinance it with usaa no problems, htis way you have a chance to build up some credit with a local company and if you ever needa nything else, you can always go back and talk to them locally. Only thing I can recommend.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:51 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out Pentagon Federal Credit Union! It's government backed/run/etc and meant for Military personel and their families (there are ways to joing without, but you jump through hoops to do so). They have THE BEST interest rates around, crazy long hours so you can reach them almost anytime of day and anytime of week, so you don't bang your head in the wall trying to reach someone. Quite a few of us here at the shop use them and have all been very happy!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

ANDREWS FEDERAL CREDIT UNION

i got a 10,500 loan with 6.24% interest for 60 months and im brand new credit
Old 06-28-2010, 01:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a credit union account with Air Force Federal Credit Union. I have been very happy with them. i also bank with Wells Fargo and have had no problems with them also.

Quick Reply: best bank/credit union