Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

AF: does this sound right for enlistment order of events?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 03:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

You can become an officer with an underwater basket weaving degree. It doesnt matter, and thats 90% of the reason I dont respect most officers now a days.

What? you got a degree in cerealology? Now I have to salute you because you know the back story of Frutiyummymummy? ****.

At least history is useful.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ You sound like a whiny little fcukin amn. If you ain't, you need to shape your *** up, cause you're spewing a lot of crap right now....

Don't believe by holding out that you'll get the job you want. I'm not sure how many of these guys are actually in the AF w/ the advice they're giving out. The AF doesn't need people, so hold out, and you may end up holding out involuntarily. There are endless opportunities out there in the AF. They give you plenty of options to make the best of your situation.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:58 AM
12 Second Club

Im a Marine thank you.

Fact, you can become an officer with a degree in the studies of film or english lit....wtf does that have to do with anything?

Sounds like someone has a useless degree and couldnt land a job so they joined the military as an officer.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:31 AM
12 Second Club

See post above for the useless info being spouted from non AF members....

Fact: You were to lazy to obtain a degree before joining the military and want to cry about being told what to do by someone higher ranking than you and who makes twice as much as you while you do the work. Maybe you should get your degree and change things if you don't like them.

BTW, I'm an enlisted man.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:22 AM
12 Second Club

You're missing the point. Its not that they have a degree, its that they can have degrees in bullshit that doesnt have anything to do with anything. Why should I have to salute a dentist? Or why should I have to salute an MP with a degree in english? It makes no sense.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ss1129
You're missing the point. Its not that they have a degree, its that they can have degrees in bullshit that doesnt have anything to do with anything. Why should I have to salute a dentist? Or why should I have to salute an MP with a degree in english? It makes no sense.
They put forth the time and effort to better themselves and they now have something to show for it. It seems to me that you are the type that bitches about every little thing you have to do. Go ask your CO why you have to do it instead of bitching about it on the internet
Old 07-10-2010, 08:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you got your degree, it would not meen an auto commission. A lot of Enlisted now have degrees. Good Luck!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Im only speaking for the Navy, but just because you have a degree, doesnt mean you can become an officer...

I put a girl in the Navy at the end of June with a Bachelors degree in Physcology. She has an officer package out, but my friend is an officer recruiter and he knows she wont get picked up. I also put a guy in the Navy in May with a Criminal Justice degree... again, no officer program. Right now, the Navy is looking for Technical degrees and Medical stuff (no dental until after 2013).

As far as the order of enlistment...Navy doesnt do it like that. You ASVAB, Physical/Process, get a contract, swear in for it, and then when you go to ship you do another swear in. But you know what job you get before you swear in for it.

We also do not allow people to not take a job if it is offered to them. Well, they can not take it, but they wont be joining the Navy. It is so hard to get in right now, if you are offered a job, you better take it if you want to get in. If you QNE (qualified, not enlisted) you wont be joining out of my office, or any office in around mine for a very, very long time. People just dont QNE right now, and if you do, everyone knows about it and knows your name. Consider it kinda like being blacklisted.lol
Old 07-10-2010, 09:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Im only speaking for the Navy, but just because you have a degree, doesnt mean you can become an officer...

I put a girl in the Navy at the end of June with a Bachelors degree in Physcology. She has an officer package out, but my friend is an officer recruiter and he knows she wont get picked up. I also put a guy in the Navy in May with a Criminal Justice degree... again, no officer program. Right now, the Navy is looking for Technical degrees and Medical stuff (no dental until after 2013).

As far as the order of enlistment...Navy doesnt do it like that. You ASVAB, Physical/Process, get a contract, swear in for it, and then when you go to ship you do another swear in. But you know what job you get before you swear in for it.

We also do not allow people to not take a job if it is offered to them. Well, they can not take it, but they wont be joining the Navy. It is so hard to get in right now, if you are offered a job, you better take it if you want to get in. If you QNE (qualified, not enlisted) you wont be joining out of my office, or any office in around mine for a very, very long time. People just dont QNE right now, and if you do, everyone knows about it and knows your name. Consider it kinda like being blacklisted.lol

Quick Reply: AF: does this sound right for enlistment order of events?