Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Entering the Air Force Reserves

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 12:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Entering the Air Force Reserves

so im in college at ECU in NC my base will either be Seymour-Johnson or Pope, went to MEPS Monday and man that was horrible took forever..lol anyways i did pretty good on the ASVAB got an 89 and of course killed the mechanics section..I'm really excited to go into the reserves taking off next semester for basic and tech school, and going next Monday to pick a job, what do you guys think is good im getting a criminal justice degree and currently on my second year of study. i would really enjoy security forces but ive heard they get deployed often and longer, even though i am committed to the air force my degree comes first so im kind of leaning away from that..on the other side i would like to get a sign on bonus and was told normally the mechanic side would be more likely to get that, the only thing is i have turned wrenches for a couple years now and it really sucks working on cars all day everyday i dont mind getting dirty but coming home black everyday sucks. but i have also heard that working on planes is different any ways, so im pretty strong in construction and mechanics but another thing im looking for is a shorter tech school so i wont have to take off 2 semesters, if anyone has any ideas or jobs they have experienced please let me know im torn in every direction..thanks for the help, all info is appreciated if you can think of anything about the recruiting process that would help too..

Tony
Old 10-20-2010, 03:45 PM
12 Second Club

Its reserves so you would only be doing the job you pick for one weekend a month. I have heard that security forces sucks from a lot of people.

Just pick a job you would enjoy/ want experience in. Then take full advantage of the free schooling that they offer.

Also, don't expect to get any bonuses. They aren't giving out many of them anymore.

good luck !
Old 10-20-2010, 03:47 PM
12 Second Club

Also, give us a list of the jobs you have open to you and we can chime in some more.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

will do, im going in on monday to get the list ill post her up then! preciate it!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Teching In

You scored pretty decent to pick almost any job except doctor, nuclear scientist, etc.. Pick something in the "real world" you can move into or further your carrier. If you want to join CIA or FBI do security but other than that do not do it. I would suggest pick something medical or IT for future jobs.

Quick Reply: Entering the Air Force Reserves