Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Cleps

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleps

On an average degree plan how many classes can you CLEP out of? Thinking about going officer, but I sat on my *** for so long before I even started taking classes. It's sad I've been in for almost five and half years and I'm getting ready to take just my fourth class. Also for your TA which school has the most bang for your buck? I'm with TUI right now but $1000 for each course I might not be able to do what I want to do in time.
Thanks
Old 01-04-2011, 03:42 AM
Teching In

That is a tricky question. Really it all depends on the school's testing policy and which test they will count. Most four year colleges have a limit about 30 or so I've taken 8 CLEP's and they easily killed off a year of classes. As far as schools go that depends on your degree there are numerous schools like AMU, UMUC and National University that are online, another option is to knock out as much as possible at a community college then transfer.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:11 AM
12 Second Club

Go to your local base Education office. They can walk you through this and give you every answer your looking for.
Tate
Old 01-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Yeah after I sent this out I sent my advisor an email. Thanks for the info though. In short can't really CLEP out of too many classes though not really worth it either. No worries though because I found out I can take up to seven classes per a fiscal year with TA and TUI covering down on it. So I am set for the time being.
Thanks again