Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

The Reserves.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our unit is pretty squared away for the most part. Our Bat Commander was up there this past drill and said we were the best co in the unit. Hard telling wether he meant it or was just saying that. My buddy is a combat engineer in Cross Lanes WV and his unit is 7 kinds of jacked up.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:02 AM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnFrazee02SS
Has anybody else went from active duty Army to the reserves? I was a 19k in the Army for 6 yrs, then to finish my 8 I signed up for the reserves the only job they had was for a fueler. My unit is a QM brigade, and non deployable. No organization whatsoever. Only about 50% of the people assigned show up. All we do are boring classes, PMCS on shitty Humvees, its boring and I see no point. it also takes my whole weekend. I have been trying to get some travel time for my civi job so I can escape, but right now there isn't anything unless I want to go to Iraq for 2 yrs.
Yep, I was in the same boat you are in. The Army Reserves is not at all like active duty, a lot of people hide in these "non-deployable" units. There really is something wrong with a unit when every PVT through SPC has a combat patch on their right shoulder, but the Brigade CSM as well as at least 40% of the officers have never gone...especially in a training Brigade!

My advice to you is not to go against the grain. Don't get a big head about being active and don't expect to change the unit. You will fail, but do not get discouraged. Instead, work on the guys you have. Instill the values and lessons you learned in them and teach them to hold themselves to a higher standard than the other "weekend warriors".

Quick Reply: The Reserves.