Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

curious...any fighter pilots?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 02:55 PM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think BAD is a T-6 FAIP but don't remember 100%.

I was close to FAIPing Tone's but glad I am out in the real world. And associate units ROCK!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AETC sucks monkey *****. I would rather fly UAV's.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CALL911
AETC sucks monkey *****. I would rather fly UAV's.
So you'd rather fly UAVs than anything in AETC? I'm sure AFPC can make that happen for your next assignment.

I've been a T-6 FAIP for a little over a year and I love it. Just got back from a 4-ship XC to Denver this weekend. It can suck at times, but the positives definitely outweigh the negatives.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BADFNZ
So you'd rather fly UAVs than anything in AETC? I'm sure AFPC can make that happen for your next assignment.

I've been a T-6 FAIP for a little over a year and I love it. Just got back from a 4-ship XC to Denver this weekend. It can suck at times, but the positives definitely outweigh the negatives.
You heard me correct. I would rather fly actual operational missions than training missions, and not have to deal with the AETC shenanigans and BS that comes with it. I would volunteer for UAV's in a heartbeat if it meant not belonging to AETC anymore.

Fortunately I don't, and won't ever have to worry about that because I am a full time reservist, and I knew what I was going to fly going into pilot training, and I know I will never have to fly UAV's in my Air Force career.

I am not saying any of this to put you down. I am glad you love being a FAIP. God knows FAIPs maid my life miserable while I was in UPT taking out their misery of being a FAIP on students seemed to be a norm. The very few I knew that loved it were the very best of instructors.

Did you do the T-38 route, or the T-1 route? What are you hoping for a follow on assignment?

Quick Reply: curious...any fighter pilots?