Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice... welcome to the club
Old 04-16-2012, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VinR1
Nice... welcome to the club
Thanx!

I figured i would post a little update to my own thread since i see so many people consider the military, make threads about joining and in the end dont do ****...

BTW, i saw quite a few good looking tastefully modded fbodies at Camp Pendleton during 2nd phase while on the way to the rifle range or going off to hikes, passing by parking lots... That stuff kept me sane LOL and i was actually wondering if those people were here on the tech. Saw Quite a bunch of them in Area 52 as well....
Old 04-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

congrats
Old 05-05-2012, 09:34 AM
TECH Regular

you are not going to the fleet, you are a Pleather Neck now. If you are smart, you will put in an AA form and go active duty ASAP so you can actually be a Marine.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lt1 hawk
you are not going to the fleet, you are a Pleather Neck now. If you are smart, you will put in an AA form and go active duty ASAP so you can actually be a Marine.
damn, no love for reservists?

Last time i checked, all the training for reservists and active duty is identical... so how am i not a Marine? I still have a high chance of going to country, just like any active duty...

I grant you, im not an experienced Marine, but i pretty damn sure earned what i got...
Old 05-07-2012, 12:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live right across from edson range so im sure you saw my camaro a few times
Old 05-07-2012, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

in
Originally Posted by jsteele90
maybe i did, but i specifically remember seeing a hugger orange ss that looked to be in great shape
Old 05-19-2012, 05:23 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Don't mind him. He drives an LT1
Old 05-19-2012, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

How did you like "Mount Mother"? or humping "The Grim Reaper" and "Smokey Ridge"?
Old 05-19-2012, 09:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
damn, no love for reservists?

Last time i checked, all the training for reservists and active duty is identical... so how am i not a Marine? I still have a high chance of going to country, just like any active duty...

I grant you, im not an experienced Marine, but i pretty damn sure earned what i got...
no one is saying you are not a Marine, just that you dont get to BE one. i have been both, and there are parts of being a Marine you miss in the reserves. you'll never get to conduct a wall locker inspection, stand duty, sneak away from the duty or PMO, know what life and comraderie is from living in barracks, perform colors, really get to know your Marines and be an effective influence on them and their career, go to the field days on end, get fap'd out to another unit, go tad to any cool schools, have devil ******* contests, field day, conduct your own field day inspections, and so much more. You dont get to be who you really are cause you have to shut it off sunday night, just when you've finally started to get back in to your groove over the weekend. consider yourself active with 28 days of libo every month. how effective can you be? no one is saying you're any less, but you just miss out.

its like two z28s, equal in every way, except one is owned by a grandma who never goes over 70, and the other runs in standing mile events. both cars are equally capable, both cars CAN beast out if need be, but only one gets to realize the full experience of being a hot shot z28 just because.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

and the training is not identical when it comes to resident courses, pme schools, etc. you can only cram so much into a 2 week A/T
Old 06-03-2012, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
Thanx!

I figured i would post a little update to my own thread since i see so many people consider the military, make threads about joining and in the end dont do ****...

BTW, i saw quite a few good looking tastefully modded fbodies at Camp Pendleton during 2nd phase while on the way to the rifle range or going off to hikes, passing by parking lots... That stuff kept me sane LOL and i was actually wondering if those people were here on the tech. Saw Quite a bunch of them in Area 52 as well....
I KNOW you heard my black LS6 t/a in the morning running with ory and slp LM passing edson range every morning
Old 06-03-2012, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
no one is saying you are not a Marine, just that you dont get to BE one. i have been both, and there are parts of being a Marine you miss in the reserves. you'll never get to conduct a wall locker inspection, stand duty, sneak away from the duty or PMO, know what life and comraderie is from living in barracks, perform colors, really get to know your Marines and be an effective influence on them and their career, go to the field days on end, get fap'd out to another unit, go tad to any cool schools, have devil ******* contests, field day, conduct your own field day inspections, and so much more. You dont get to be who you really are cause you have to shut it off sunday night, just when you've finally started to get back in to your groove over the weekend. consider yourself active with 28 days of libo every month. how effective can you be? no one is saying you're any less, but you just miss out.

its like two z28s, equal in every way, except one is owned by a grandma who never goes over 70, and the other runs in standing mile events. both cars are equally capable, both cars CAN beast out if need be, but only one gets to realize the full experience of being a hot shot z28 just because.
I've talked to prev. active duty guys that went weekend warriors... some little reserv. corporal made a comment about a active duty cpl letting a jew ahead of him in the chow hall and this pertictular sgt i was talking to told the weekend warrior cpl that's how the real corps is... but you'll never know cause you pussied out and only play pretend... I don't know what unit, but I don't agree on that fully. Cause our sister reserve unit tagged on our last oef trip.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

So you probably know my car exactly... Loud black t/a with FL tags... now it has a silver oem ws6 hood that i found for $300... couldn't pass it up... plus thanks to the sun a cheap *** paint job by prev. owner... I needs a new one... Maybe a future CETA clone???
Old 06-03-2012, 01:27 AM
11 Second Club

^^ seen it a few times on stuart mesa rd, what cam u runnin? It sounds good.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FU_I_AM_UltraZ
I've talked to prev. active duty guys that went weekend warriors... some little reserv. corporal made a comment about a active duty cpl letting a jew ahead of him in the chow hall and this pertictular sgt i was talking to told the weekend warrior cpl that's how the real corps is... but you'll never know cause you pussied out and only play pretend... I don't know what unit, but I don't agree on that fully. Cause our sister reserve unit tagged on our last oef trip.
not sure if i copy, but i've never heard the term sister reserve company. what does that mean exactly?
Old 06-04-2012, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^ seen it a few times on stuart mesa rd, what cam u runnin? It sounds good.
Just the LS6 1256308 cam, being a DD and I live 3 miles north of Miramar, I wanted a upgrade I could set and forget for 100k miles and beat on it just like I've always done with the LS1s.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
not sure if i copy, but i've never heard the term sister reserve company. what does that mean exactly?
I'm with ANGLICO... our sister reserve unit is 3rd ANGLICO (based out of O.C.) . Same with 2nd ANGLICO in NC, their sister reserve unit is 4th ANGLICO based out of West Palm Beach area (I do believe)
Old 06-04-2012, 12:25 AM
11 Second Club

What exactly is anglicos purpose? Had a friend who was fapd tell me it was a worthless mos
Old 06-04-2012, 03:31 AM
TECH Addict

oh. ok just never heard it called that, even on I&I duty. but anglico is a special breed anyway. i think you are right with 4th out of west palm beach. went there to work on their tas-4s and 7b's (i just dated myself there lol).

Quick Reply: Leaving to MCRD 11/1/11