Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Anybody in Fort Bliss TX or been stationed in there before??

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anybody in Fort Bliss TX or been stationed in there before??

Hello, I would like to know some reviews about Fort Bliss, or El Paso TX. I've heard the place is getting Restaurants on post and new stuff in it, I would also like to know about emissions, I have Pacesetter Race headers with Heads/Cam, hopefully I don't have a problem. Any info will help, Thanks!!!
Old 09-28-2013, 01:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there for wlc in May. The base is pretty big. The px is huge, there's a bdubs, texas road house, Denny's, dq, and a couple other restaurants on post. Plus a ton of stuff off post. It didn't seem too bad. The people stationed there that I talked to don't like it. But I at ft Irwin, this place is the worst. Lol
Old 09-28-2013, 08:00 AM
Launching!

emissions shouldn't be an issue. El Paso is a big city, in the middle of nowhere. But, it's not bad. Just be prepared to drive if you want to get out of town for a few days. I'm AF, and was stationed an hour north at holloman AFB.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, I'm liking the part that it has a tons of stuff and lot of restaurants!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 08:02 AM
Teching In

ill be there the 15th with a black z28, hope to see some of you guys there havent had any guys to hang out with in years. Fort Campbell had no one, only three fourth gens i regularly saw on post and about five off but the ones off were cocky kids that seemed to hate the military lol
Old 10-04-2013, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have been here for years, its not bad IMO. PM me if you have specific questions or need a place to get your car inspected.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

06Sierra2, I will definitely shoot you a PM But I won't be there until March.

Any info on The nearest Drag strip???, I did a research and saw El Paso Motorplex, anybody been in there or any other drag strip???
Old 10-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Banned

I went there for my deployment training and it was actually very nice there. If i remember correctly that is where the E-9's (army do their training) and the BX there and the surrounding stores is like going to the mall with bars and BDUB's being around the mall. It is very nice for an Army base that is for sure.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Launching!

El Paso Motorplex is relatively new(opened in 08)but they are really doing well. We just had a "Race Wars" a couple of weeks ago. A bunch of the locals and nearby residents of Las Cruses came down. A ton of 8-10 seconds cars were here going at it. Later this month a couple of guys from "Street Outlaws" are coming down to race our guys in a grudge match. Check out southwestdrags.com for local info.
Good luck, the city is not bad at all. Lots to do, places to eat etc. My brother in law is now out of the military and loves it here. We'll see if you do as well.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:08 AM
On The Tree

They just do a obd2 port scan for emissions testing. Make sure all your monitoring systems are turned on in your tune and you should be fine. Also the worst drivers in the world live here so be ready for that
Old 10-23-2013, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spdmn75
They just do a obd2 port scan for emissions testing. Make sure all your monitoring systems are turned on in your tune and you should be fine. Also the worst drivers in the world live here so be ready for that
LOL at the worst drivers, what do you mean by monitoring systems??? I have hptuners and have the AIR, EGR, CATS Delete, etc., is that what you mean???
Old 10-25-2013, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

You can turn off the monitoring systems in hp tuners and this can cause you to fail the check
Old 10-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ronny_02_WS6
LOL at the worst drivers, what do you mean by monitoring systems??? I have hptuners and have the AIR, EGR, CATS Delete, etc., is that what you mean???
If you have diagnostic tool that can read codes and system checks, all systems have to say "on" or "ready." I dealt with this problem over the summer for some air pump for emissions.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Racing scene is good. cruise out scene is good. Emissions? you shouldnt have a problem with that. If you do contact me. I have Hp tuners. As far as Fbodies. There is a group out here but absoliutely non existent at the cruise out.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Teching In

It depends where you are coming from.. As far as post, bliss is very well design/build.. It's has everything you need and much more. Many restaurants in post and even a full theater that sells beers inside.. Which I though was cool.. As far as the city, in my opinion, it blows.. Unless you're single and looking for a party town, the you can't beat El Paso.. Plenty of bars, clubs and parties.. And you have two big colleges.. But, if you're coming to El Paso with family, you'll run out of things to do quick lol the track here is pretty cool.. You can bring your own beer and drink all night while just watching the locals car run... Car shows you'll find them throughout town.. Unfortunately, because its a small town youll see the same cars a lot. PM if you have any questions. Good luck ,
Old 11-08-2013, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

here is a little fast street car shoot out we had a couple of weeks ago

Old 11-08-2013, 04:04 PM
TECH Resident

I'm the white Trans am, i was doing good but broke my rear end-links on the first run.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool Stuff, No ET numbers, was it just that day or is it always like that??? Also I see that there's a lot of elevation in there, what's your best ET.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

there were no ET because we did not want the next person knowing what we ran, the elevations is like 3800 up here so get ready for no air. On a normal day you get ET numbers with a time slip, my best is high 11's N/A which is close to 10 sec car at normal elevation.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Awesome, I still have the 10 bolt with 4.10's, I'm planning to get a Strange s60 or a Moser 9" when I get there, Also my tune is from the HP Tuners repository I have HP tuners and a NGK AFX wideband, I was learning but my HPT teacher PCS'ed, I still want a real Dyno tune, Any good Dyno tuner around there or will I have to drive all the way to Texas Speed??? Hoping to hit 12's with summer tires in that track since the elevation.

Quick Reply: Anybody in Fort Bliss TX or been stationed in there before??