Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Double post
Old 12-10-2005, 09:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Excal
what jobs have a high deployment rate?
SF get deployed for about 6 months compared to the regular 4.
also air transportation, we get deplyed a lot, but to cool places..
i like my job.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:23 PM
11 Second Club

Well I had it good for the past year plus, left the flightline after 6 years and went to MOC. Now I am in the desert for 120, I'll get back and go back to the damn flightline. Sigh, land of the always deployed is where I'm headed. I gotta get the hell out of offutt.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JCurtin
Well I had it good for the past year plus, left the flightline after 6 years and went to MOC. Now I am in the desert for 120, I'll get back and go back to the damn flightline. Sigh, land of the always deployed is where I'm headed. I gotta get the hell out of offutt.
I spent 4 years in the MOC. Good times.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Whats up Brent! Man am I missing NM right now, this snow is for the birds!!!
Old 12-10-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GETSOMZ28
Whats up Brent! Man am I missing NM right now, this snow is for the birds!!!
It's been freezing all week, but no moisture in the air so we don't even get frost on the windows. Was pretty nice today, I'm thinking about taking the bike out tomorrow for a short ride.

Not much going on around here; right now I'm knee deep into porting runners and polishing the outside of a Holley Systemax intake for a 5.0L Stang for a buddy at work. It will look great when I'm done.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Manic
Bus trip to Lackland AFB.....................FREE
Training at Lackland AFB.............. ......FREE
One way flight to a Sandy Resort.........FREE

enjoying your days in the sand box.......PRICELESS
Nah whats priceless is going to distant lands and stabbing ho's thats priceless
Old 12-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
Nah whats priceless is going to distant lands and stabbing ho's thats priceless
Old 12-13-2005, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was in ATC for a bit and now I work for my Commander. I am an e-3 and in Feb I will put on E-4... I am taking classes online (dont do this **** it blows) I love the AF and everything that we are for. I work in Base Ops so I get to meet all of the highest people in the AF... I am at Maxwell AFB, Al. I f you like the warm weather and nice parties, come here. One thing about ATC, some folks can do the job and some folks cant. I got a 98 on my ASVAB and went into ATC b/c that is what my dad did in Atlanta Approach. The job gave me real health problems.. I was one of the folks that the jopbs was NOT for.

When you are at basic... dont get on the laundry crew, I stuck my hand in some ******* **** b/c he was to ***** to come tell me about it before I washed his sheets.

I agree w/ the folks... dont buy a car in tech skool. Its a waist... after 1 year you will have on A1C and you will have that on for awhile. Dont sign for 6 years... only do 4 your 1st time.

Jobs: my wife is a cop and from june 1 05 to june1 06, I will see her for 26 days. and about 8 of them were me taking my time to get a on a dam plane and go see her on a TDY when I shouldnt have!! If you like to deal w/ the washouts of other AFSC's go be a cop. Other wise keep your *** out of the 3p0 field.

I like the AF and just about everything that I do. Keep your head high and dont say a word in BMT until your are asked a question. and dont forget your reporting statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old 12-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Teching In

WPAFB

E-4, due to pin on E-5 in March/April

4 years TIS... 2 to go! Might re-up, who knows?

Plan on buying a 2001+ T/A or a 2005+ Mustang GT with my extra cash. Heck, maybe get the T/A, pay her off, and then buy the Mustang. Best of both worlds!
Old 12-18-2005, 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey WarBird69, we gotta hook up sometime (maybe at Kil kare). I am also at WPAFB at HQ AFMC.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:28 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why in the hell would someone list their "kills" in their sig? Am I the only one that thinks it's
Old 12-19-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would... problem??
Old 12-19-2005, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

Okay I'll give you my 2 cents... As for a job to pick, go with something you enjoy don't go into a job just for the cash.. But on the other hand do your research on this, some jobs sound fun but are exactly the opposite. I am a B-1 bomber Crew Chief Acft 86-0137 here at Dyess AFB, TX. I've been in for about five yrs now have paid my dues and am now a SSGT. The job itself is awesome with a real sence of pride behind it, but on the other hand you are making the same amount of $$ as the person at the gym handing out towels. So when it is -20 out and windy as hell just remember that, the person in the gym handing out towels is in the heated building making the same as you. What ever job you choose just remember that the job you choose is just as important as the next guys, no matter what you do. All I am saying is pick your job carfully and "DO NOT" go in open mech. or open general. Choose you job and if you are not one that likes long hours and dirty work in all types of weather then stay away from the flight line jobs..
Old 12-22-2005, 06:40 AM
Staging Lane

I've been in for almost five years now as a F-15 crew chief and have loved it and hated it. The cool part of the job included TDY's to Vegas and Key West, being stationed at Panama City FL, a couple of F-15 rides and meeting a ton of cool people. The shitty part of the job included working in crappy weather (too hot, too cold, rain...), work schedule changes every week and the job has you doing alot of manual labor. I have no regrets to being a crew chief but I can't say it is the best job in the Air Force. If I were you Excal I would definitley look into getting a job with some kind of technical skill. Also the hospital has alot of great jobs so you might want to look into that too. You should not have a problem getting a car loan through USAA but I would definitley save up through basic and tech school and then buy a car when you get to your first base. USAA throws money around like water. My friend stationed up at Eglin just took out a home equity loan for $100,000! He bought another condo with 60 of it and bought a 2000 Viper GTS with the rest. The first chance you get start taking classes, I could have finished my CCAF degree requirements the first year I was at Tyndall but blew it off for a year and now I regret it. On a final note I advise you to do the 4 enlistment instead of the 6, I wish I did the 4 because I missed out on a $40,000 reenlistment bonus.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:26 PM
12 Second Club

Yep I feel you about the whole missing out on the re-up bonus but on the other hand those guys that signed up for 4 vs. me that did 6 are still E-4 while I'm loving the extra $$ of the E-5. 40Gs would be nice but not worth the next 4+ yr you got to sign up for in the same job, Don't know much about the fighter world beside it has got to be easier then the bomber side of the house. But I would for sure pass up the $$ to get into a different career.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:02 PM
14 Second Truck Club

why does everyone always have to have "service wars"? its all the same ****.

we had marines/soldiers suckin our ***** in afghanistan. who do you think they call when the **** gets to deep?... the A-10s. and guess who calls the A-10s... Air Force TACPs embedded with the grunt units.

so i dont wanna ****** hear it. we all do the same damn job... killing people.

well unless your some admin bitch.

Quick Reply: Air force members