Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Got ORDERS! Going to Korea

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got ORDERS! Going to Korea

Its that time for PCS orders (Air Force) just wondering if anyone else got orders. I actually volunteered for Korea cuz I dont like the East Coast and I want to get a follow on somewhere in the West (TX, NM, AZ, CALI). The family is a little upset but I'm just excited to leave the Washington DC area!!
ANYONE ELSE HAVE ORDERS YET? According to AFPC orders will flow until the 15th of Dec.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

at least it's not Iraq
Old 12-03-2005, 10:02 PM
Launching!

No orders thankfuly.. but just got back from Osan 3 years ago.. and I had a blast, but of course I was single at the time
Old 12-04-2005, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

you will enjoy yourself. being away from the family for a year kinda sucks though. The rules and Laws in Korea has gotten more strict in the past few years, but that just keeps stuff out of the public eye a little more..
Old 12-05-2005, 06:00 AM
TECH Resident

Wife just got orders to Osan for Oct 06. Since I won't get orders due to my short-tour (Iraq), I've got to volunteer. So maybe we can stay somewhat together. Plus, my TA will be paid off, so I can bank some $$ for some mods. I told the wife that if I go to Korea w/her, then I'm gonna make the TA a 10 second one.
Need to save some money for:
STB
SFC
cam
heads
headers
electic cut-out
relocation brackets
clutch
(maybe a P1-SC, depends how much money is left)

Then the car will rock
Old 12-05-2005, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Snootch
Wife just got orders to Osan for Oct 06. Since I won't get orders due to my short-tour (Iraq), I've got to volunteer. So maybe we can stay somewhat together. Plus, my TA will be paid off, so I can bank some $$ for some mods. I told the wife that if I go to Korea w/her, then I'm gonna make the TA a 10 second one.
Need to save some money for:
STB
SFC
cam
heads
headers
electic cut-out
relocation brackets
clutch
(maybe a P1-SC, depends how much money is left)

Then the car will rock
Cool man my report date is Aug 06 and I am going to OSAN. I work in LRS (Fire truck Maintenance), yea Im like you looking forward to making some $$, but Im thinking of a C6 maybe by then I can find me a low mileage Vete in my price range!
Old 12-06-2005, 01:46 AM
Teching In

Yea im stationed here now. If you really want to make money here then i would AIP (army incentive pay) Its where if you extend they will pay you an extra $300-400 a month depending how long you extend. Its actually a sweet deal because most tours stateside are what, 3 yrs so korea will pay you extra to stay. Plus its not that bad here, im having a kick a$$ time here in seoul.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I get to spend too much time in Korea to plan some of the joint exercises...... in fact I am here now.... blah.

Have fun.....
Old 12-07-2005, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Korea is awesome....don't get stupid and fall in love with a juicy girl. There is more to Korea than the bars. I would still go to the bars though.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Well my buddy here in LRS just got orders with the same report date pretty much!!!! He is pretty happy too! I think anyone that leaves Vandenberg AFB is pretty happy honestly though. I know 2 other people over there in LRS right now too!! you will like it from what i hear, but yeah, stay away from the juicy bars LOL!!!!!
Old 12-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

I'm currently at Osan. I've been here almost 7 weeks. It's not at fun as when I was stationed here in 97-98 but that may be because I'm older and can't/don't want to party like I used to. It is cold!!!! It was 1 degree F when I woke up this morning. The real bad part is that the hot water in my dorm isn't working and I have to be at work in two hours! I either have to walk across base to take a shower at the gym, take a freezing cold shower, or go to work stinkin.

Like chrismcdaniel mentioned earlier - they are much more strict now with the rules than they were 8 years ago. That is understandable because the boozin is really out of control over here. And like Ken_02ss mentioned, "at least it's not Iraq." They are giving some cola which is nice. Last time they didn't give us anything. Oh well, only 10 more months to go until I'm back in warm and sunny San Antonio.

Chris
Old 12-18-2005, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** Snootch. This whole time I've chatted with you I never knew you were a military Guy. Damn.

Are you AF? I'm Army sitting in Kuwait right now. I've gota build me a Car PC when I get done with the Turbo motor I'm doing. That Car PC is so cool.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Richiec77
**** Snootch. This whole time I've chatted with you I never knew you were a military Guy. Damn.

Are you AF? I'm Army sitting in Kuwait right now. I've gota build me a Car PC when I get done with the Turbo motor I'm doing. That Car PC is so cool.
Yea, I'm AF, at MacDill in Tampa. I've been in the AF for 6 years, and for 3 of them I was in a joint unit here run by the Army. So I'm a little more familiar with ruck marches, SGM's with bad attitudes, daily PT formations, motor stables, and last-minute deployments to shitty backwater countries, than the average AF NCO. I'm glad i'm back in a regular AF squadron, where no one gives a **** if i'm a minute or two late. However, I am kinda getting bored with sitting on my ***. The car PC is actually pretty easy if you can build a desktop computer, and have decent mechanical skills, and don't mind screwing with it occasionally to iron out problems.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

cool man im in osan right now in the 303IS (I'm not intel though)
Old 12-30-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by rons 00z
cool man im in osan right now in the 303IS (I'm not intel though)
What do you do? How long you been there?
Old 12-30-2005, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

I came back a year ago and was up North from Osan, the area you will be in is pretty cool, just watch out for the drinky girls..There looking for you..
Old 12-30-2005, 11:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dans91
Well my buddy here in LRS just got orders with the same report date pretty much!!!! He is pretty happy too! I think anyone that leaves Vandenberg AFB is pretty happy honestly though. I know 2 other people over there in LRS right now too!! you will like it from what i hear, but yeah, stay away from the juicy bars LOL!!!!!

Is it that bad there now? I was stationed there from 92-96 and I had a blast there. I am also in the LRS. I worked in the GP shop when I was there.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:31 AM
Teching In

Default andrews

Originally Posted by Seagraves#85
Its that time for PCS orders (Air Force) just wondering if anyone else got orders. I actually volunteered for Korea cuz I dont like the East Coast and I want to get a follow on somewhere in the West (TX, NM, AZ, CALI). The family is a little upset but I'm just excited to leave the Washington DC area!!
ANYONE ELSE HAVE ORDERS YET? According to AFPC orders will flow until the 15th of Dec.

Hey im stationed at andrews also what kind of F-body do you have?? Always looking to go cruising.. I'm over at PPO across the fence from the fire Department
Old 01-08-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

you guys are all lucky, i was at casey, and all we did was go to the field. I did go to souel for a weekend and had a blast when to some clubs, stompers was the only i can remember !!! And when i when to osan to fly back to the states it was great. I am with i would have crossed in to the blue!!
good luck over there
Old 01-10-2006, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by svenh44
Hey im stationed at andrews also what kind of F-body do you have?? Always looking to go cruising.. I'm over at PPO across the fence from the fire Department
Cool man I work in LRS on the East side. I have a 98 NBM Z28 with the chrome z06's and the wings west kit. I dont drive her much but she does belong to me!!

Quick Reply: Got ORDERS! Going to Korea