Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Moody Afb/valdosta, Ga.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i talked to your wife tonight....that car is nice....and the price you got it for....im jealous...

oh yeah Dakota... What do i need to know about air traffic control before i think about considering it for cross-training?
Old 01-05-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone mind telling me what Moody/Valdosta are like? I'm coming up on my assignment, and I'm trying to pick between DM and Moody.

I'll be 24 and single...what's the nightlife like?

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Toasty
Anyone mind telling me what Moody/Valdosta are like? I'm coming up on my assignment, and I'm trying to pick between DM and Moody.

Thanks!
I've served with peeps from DM before and they told me it sucks. Honesty I don't know.

As for Moody it stays pretty warm all year around but its a big college town as well with a fair share of bars/clubs/pubs n what not. The real plus is how close you are to Florida and other hot spots. The car scene sucks in Valdosta but thats because its just not that big of a city. Tallahassee has a good crowd as does ATL. Remerton has all the bars which consist of 5 bars in a row right next to one another. Thats all I can really think of. I think others will chime in and say how much it sucks here.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet 98
i talked to your wife tonight....that car is nice....and the price you got it for....im jealous...

oh yeah Dakota... What do i need to know about air traffic control before i think about considering it for cross-training?
A LOT! lol......i'll see you out at the spot within the next few weekends and i'll fill ya in, its just too much to type.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Default Moving

Well, I just got orders to Moody and I will be there here in the next week. I am transferring from Hurlburt Field. Got a house near beautiful Ray City... But pumped that there is a 1/4 strip so close! Anyone heard anything about the 71st Rescue Squardron?
Old 01-09-2007, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SnakEaterZ28
Well, I just got orders to Moody and I will be there here in the next week. I am transferring from Hurlburt Field. Got a house near beautiful Ray City... But pumped that there is a 1/4 strip so close! Anyone heard anything about the 71st Rescue Squardron?
Yep, Yep,,, Used to be in that squadron, but they split us into a AMU, like the old days,, I take it your ops??? We still work out of the same building though,, guess we cant afford our own building,,,,,, welcome!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Toasty

Thanks!
Get orders to moody, go to florida when you have free time...enough said..

J/P Its not all that bad. The car scene is going to be a bunch of "fast cars " hanging out at o'reillys (hint the parenthesis on fast cars). Most of the cars are basically show-and no go. I know the actual fast cars out there have actually go-fast parts on them.(right pipelayaz?!?!?) I mean the car scene isnt like tampa or even houston, but its something thats needs more cars that are on the performance side of the car enthusiast.

You being 24 and single, ummmm.....valdosta has their share of women. But even going to florida has its perks. The nightlife gets really violent if you are in Security Forces. College guys love to pick fights with us and vice versa. There have been many nights Ive taken the mossberg to Mellows and Charlie O's

But just think of Moody as a gateway to florida, if not an excuse TO go to florida.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, I went to college in Florida. So I know that unless I know someone in Gainsville or can make it to Orlando, its not all that great.

My other option is to go to Eglin, on MC-130's as opposed to HC-130's. Still not sure which way I want to go.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:48 AM
On The Tree

Like the guys have said above, Valdosta is going to be what you make of it. There are definately some fun times to be had. There is a dragstrip literally right down the road and its pretty much where everyone from north FL and south GA go to. And FL is not far away......tally, jacksonville and such.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet 98
You being 24 and single, ummmm.....valdosta has their share of women. But even going to florida has its perks. The nightlife gets really violent if you are in Security Forces. College guys love to pick fights with us and vice versa. There have been many nights Ive taken the mossberg to Mellows and Charlie O's
Your mossberg... your not the only one. I know of a few cats that pack some heat when they hit up the clubs.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
Your mossberg... your not the only one. I know of a few cats that pack some heat when they hit up the clubs.
Glad to see aint **** changed since I was in high school
Old 01-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

what up people? I will be @ Moody March 1st and need a rommate.
mike600rr@hotmail.com
Old 01-14-2007, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by new_z
mike600rr@hotmail.com
Do you have furniture and such? Apartments here are pretty cheap.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by new_z
mike600rr@hotmail.com
I almost had you hooked up right across from my apartment with 2 other guys in a big *** 3 bedroom apartment. It kinda fell through. I'll keep an eye out. Maybe the guy who is suppose to move in, won't.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

Hey!! its tough in these streets of valdosta...

Last edited by Silver Bullet 98; 01-16-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just saw a Mustang GT500 in front of Books a million. It was red with white racing stripes. Of course an old guy was driving it but I guess his brother is part owner or some **** of Cecil's race track. Nice guy tho.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:04 AM
On The Tree

Just saw a Mustang GT500 in front of Books a million. It was red with white racing stripes. Of course an old guy was driving it but I guess his brother is part owner or some **** of Cecil's race track. Nice guy tho.
A nice guy would have let you take it out for a spin!,, so he is an okay guy
Old 02-07-2007, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chad2775
A nice guy would have let you take it out for a spin!,, so he is an okay guy
Yes Chad this is in fact true! Ya know I was actually thinking about asking him but I was thinking to myself if I was the owner, it would be a quick response to "NO".

Whats up with you ride Chad anything?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Yes Chad this is in fact true! Ya know I was actually thinking about asking him but I was thinking to myself if I was the owner, it would be a quick response to "NO".

Whats up with you ride Chad anything?
My response would have been HELL NO, but thats why i'm just an okay guy,,,,
The ride is fine,,,, only drive it maybe once a week,,,, feels like the first time every saturday!!,, been seeing alot more f-bods around town lately,, some nice ones,,, don't know who they are though,,,,
have you started modding yours yet????,,, did you sell your other one? We all need to get together again,,,, get some more of these cars out!,,, later!
Old 02-07-2007, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I traded it in for the Cobalt for the wife remember? Yeah I've done a few things to the car but nothing major. I am in the process of getting with my boss about welding my SFC on for me. There's a guy that is pcsing from Korea to Moody and will be here soon. He has a Camaro and he seems like a cool guy. I don't know if He'll post on here again soon.

Tom you wanna tell everyone what you did to your car? Hopefully he sees this...lol

Quick Reply: Moody Afb/valdosta, Ga.