Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Moody Afb/valdosta, Ga.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know test and tune is this Sunday, So whos going to meet at hooters and then head down to run? I got 3 of my buddies ready to go, who wants to join?
Old 03-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Launching!

I would, but sadly,I have no ride.I could go home and snag my brother's Cobra-R for the day.Gonna hurt like hell to change gears right now no matter what I drive.Had surgery on the left elbow on the 17th.Still a little tender.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

Im sorry to hear that. My knee is good now its just that it doesnt seem to take pushin in that clutch every now and then. Im surprised they didnt give you any motrin and tell you to walk it off...
Old 03-28-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm down... cept I'm not going to be running my car. My DR's are worn and I think I hit a pretty good quarter miles time last friday. Why don't we go to hooters afterwards....the track opens at noon and ends at 6pm. Even then we can't drink any beer.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Let's do something even if it's wrong.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

The new plan is that my buddy with the silver kennebell cobra is heading over to Ashley's house. We are going to then head on to the track from there and then hooters afterwards...
Old 04-10-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good to see a few of you guys out there at Test & Tune. It was packed as ****. Really didn't get in as many runs as I wanted to. Looks like Ashley had some "technical difficulties". I wont be able to go to the next T&T. I'll be leaving for Turkey here in a few weeks. I'll catch up with you guys in late summer tho.

-Pipe
Old 07-21-2006, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Well i finally got down here. Anyone on here in the area? I've been rollin around some last weekend and will be this weekend. Havent seen many other sports cars at all. If anyone wants to meet up and roll around a bit hit me up.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LiveDakota
Well i finally got down here. Anyone on here in the area? I've been rollin around some last weekend and will be this weekend. Havent seen many other sports cars at all. If anyone wants to meet up and roll around a bit hit me up.
I think I seen you the other day, does your car have duals dumped?? If it was you that sounded VERY good. I was in my wifes envoy and you (if it was you) was sitting next to us at a light on bemis. Alot of the guys are deployed but I have also seen some new SS's around too. I wont be out this weekend, my wifes out of town and I've got the 3 yr old, if I see ya next week stop and b.s., what sq. are you in?, well welcome, hopefully see you around,,,
Old 07-22-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm still in Turkey... be back in mid-Sept.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chad2775
I think I seen you the other day, does your car have duals dumped?? If it was you that sounded VERY good. I was in my wifes envoy and you (if it was you) was sitting next to us at a light on bemis. Alot of the guys are deployed but I have also seen some new SS's around too. I wont be out this weekend, my wifes out of town and I've got the 3 yr old, if I see ya next week stop and b.s., what sq. are you in?, well welcome, hopefully see you around,,,
Yeah, that was probably me. Depending on the time of day i was either house hunting or joy riding, lol. I've seen a few TA's around but they looked pretty run down. Also saw a few nice stangs around, but noone would even play.......hahahaha, guess they were scared. If ya see me again just give a shout or a horn blow, im always down to BS. Im in the OSS squadron, workin in the RAPCON. I was supposed to be doin TERPS here but they moved the position to another base while i was enroute. GO figure!

Thomas C.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
Well hit me up when u get back, we'll get a welcome home party or something together for ya.

Thomas C.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=LiveDakota]Yeah, that was probably me. Depending on the time of day i was either house hunting or joy riding, lol. I've seen a few TA's around but they looked pretty run down. Also saw a few nice stangs around, but noone would even play.......hahahaha, guess they were scared. If ya see me again just give a shout or a horn blow, im always down to BS. Im in the OSS squadron, workin in the RAPCON. I was supposed to be doin TERPS here but they moved the position to another base while i was enroute. GO figure!

Ya there arent a whole lot of TA's around here , hell I think most of them work on base. There are three just where I work (C-130 maint). And be carefull with some of the stangs, (cobra's). There are 2 on base that are very fast, a red one that runs 10.6's all day long and the other one is new to base, I think he was in the mid 11's when I saw him, both are cool guys though, I always ask them how there pinto's are running and then they call mine a geo storm

Last edited by chad2775; 07-22-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Damn you have been gone for awhile!, I thought maybe you came back and got orders or something,,,,wish I could go back to turkey, I only get to go to those wonderful **** holes lately,,,,
Old 07-22-2006, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chad2775
Ya there arent a whole lot of TA's around here , hell I think most of them work on base. And be carefull with some of the stangs, (cobra's). There are 2 on base that are very fast, a red one that runs 10.6's all day long and the other one is new to base, I think he was in the mid 11's when I saw him, both are cool guys though, I always ask them how there pinto's are running and then they call mine a geo storm
Yeah, i saw one cobra. A red one with a body kit on it. He had his girl with him so that was understandable why he didnt wanna go for it. Once i get my R/T finished up and can afford to start on the TA i'll be in the 11's in no time. I've been running very low 13's on street tires which were spinning very bad all down the track. We should try and get all these guys together. There doesnt appear to be much of a car enthusiast scene here. I've been livin in VA the past 6 years where the scene is VERY popular and there were always guys wantin to hang out.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LiveDakota
Yeah, i saw one cobra. A red one with a body kit on it. He had his girl with him so that was understandable why he didnt wanna go for it. Once i get my R/T finished up and can afford to start on the TA i'll be in the 11's in no time. I've been running very low 13's on street tires which were spinning very bad all down the track. We should try and get all these guys together. There doesnt appear to be much of a car enthusiast scene here. I've been livin in VA the past 6 years where the scene is VERY popular and there were always guys wantin to hang out.
I dont know who drives that cobra, I have seen it alot though. The 10.6 one doesnt have any body kit or anything, looks stock. He doesnt drive it to work hardly anymore, it was just a little too much on the street, all he did was spin all the way through third when I rode in it. We have tried get togethers before, and I was the only F-body that showed up, mostly stangs and the GTP guys, but I am up for it, nothing better than checking out some nice cars,,, let me know and I can round up the usual suspects!,,, Later.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah Dakota... I think we tried getting people together before but no one really intiated the whole thing. Usually I just run into people at SGMP or on base, stop, talk **** and roll. It'd be nice if people are down for Hooters when I get back. I'd like to show up the local snakes - ricers a little bit on a friday night. I have an import buddy (yes I know... I know) anyway they are always up at Sonics on Sunday nights at 8pm. Or at least they were before I left. Its always nice making that nightly pickup for a cherrylimeade...lol

I think Chad is referring to Ashley's car. The thing has so much power everytime he takes it to the track he ends up breaking something. So I don't know how far along he is right now. My buddy Bam is cool with him so I'll check it out and see whats up. I think total theres at least 8 Terminators on base. Two of which are heavily modified and one with minor bolt ons thats silver and lowered. There's a few quick imports as well. But all n all it'd be nice to have a better scene. Whenever I hear of someone in POL of buying a new ride I always try to convince them to buy a fast car. Then they gimme that gas business.

Yes Chad I am still here. That little 4 month tdy turned into a 5 month one! We been busy as fock lately because of the american from Lebanon are being transited through this base back to the states or some shi+.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh yeah its not final yet but I found another F-body. Silver/Black 02' Trans Am WS6 8,000 miles M6... just waiting on some other information and I should have a new car to go pick up in Missouri.

I'll be selling the Blue T/A shortly after I get home.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

Oh yeah its not final yet but I found another F-body. Silver/Black 02' Trans Am WS6 8,000 miles M6... just waiting on some other information and I should have a new car to go pick up in Missouri.

I'll be selling the Blue T/A shortly after I get home.
Why are you selling yours?? I like that color, but damn thats some low miles on that one, that would be hard to mod that and not just put it in the garage and sit on it for some years!,,
Old 07-23-2006, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Ya your right on Ashley's car, I give him so much **** for it breaking all the time, but DAMN its fast. But I think once you get up to that kind of power your going to be breaking all the time, there isnt anyway around that. He bought an old 5.0 that he daily drives now, I think he plans on modding it too. And one of the GTP guys I work with is down to 10.4 now, man everybody is getting the go fast bug I guess. I think if we set something up we would get a good showing, its just hard to do alot cause of our work schedules and deployments. But if we do it at hooters agian we need to not wait until 7:00, cause last time the parking lot was so full by then we all were spread out all over it, and a couple of guys didnt even have a place to park.

Quick Reply: Moody Afb/valdosta, Ga.