Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Enlist in Green Berets or Marines???

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ita all about USAF aviation!!! DO IT....
Old 03-12-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by indyboom
Ita all about USAF aviation!!! DO IT....
i think being a fighter pilot would be badass, but i think thats too much for me right now as I would like to stick to something infantry like (hopefully special ops or force) in the meantime
Old 03-12-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Junkie

you gotta have at 20/20 for jet fighter and for sniper so count those out
Old 03-13-2006, 12:36 AM
On The Tree

Thats what PRK is for
Old 03-13-2006, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1genCamaro
you gotta have at 20/20 for jet fighter and for sniper so count those out
i have better... think 20/30 (eagle eyes) but sniper is highly something i'm considering
Old 03-13-2006, 12:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PotentialZ28
Its all in what you want really, if you want to have a huge challenge in front of you you can do the SEALS, rangers, green beret, AF Pjs, AF special forces, or AF SERE (spelling), the SERE guys work with the Army. If you want to join just to help out your country i would go Air Force unless you really like the Army/Marine way of life. I know a lot of other guys wont like it but ive been to the desert 4 times (short trips, 10-30 days) and i stay in military hotel with heating, AC, and clean bathrooms while the Army guys were in tents, maybe i just dont like roughing that much but it made me respect what the Army guys have to deal with but it also made me happier with the military branch choice i made 5 yrs ago. Just my oponion
SERE was not easy but it was damn fun! You must have a strong mentallity for the stress. I have watched many people break down and act completely like a child. PJs would be a real tough one too. There is also Air Force Combat Control.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RrCoX22
i have better... think 20/30 (eagle eyes) but sniper is highly something i'm considering
http://science.howstuffworks.com/question126.htm

That would be worse than 20/20.

20/15 is better than 20/20.

I have 20/15 but I have no interest in sniper or fighter pilot. Although the shooting part of sniper school I'd pass without a problem.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 248 Likes on 173 Posts

Since everyone is bitching about recruiters,
First off, a recruiter is a human being. And like any human, they have a personality. Unfortunately, some are out for a status or RING, to say. And they will do everything and anything to earn the Ring or the Recruiter of the year. As we know it, a "cheesedick". They will do immoral and ingorant things.
Then on the other hand, you have recruiters like Duece, who see an immoral shitbag, and doesn't want anything to do with him.
It's bad enough that we are getting 40 year old privates let alone shitbag highschool kids who don't even know the meaning of work (playstation generation)
No cellphone and no Ipod, they're lost and wanna commit suicide.

Originally Posted by packy
That is a big negative! We are not like a Ranger Company nor is it made up the way you decribed it! You need to look at the structure of a MEU's MSPF and that is more of what they will be structured like.
Damn, if I knew you were at the briefing in DC, I would have said hello.
Besides, it's based on a certain structure from many of the SOF's but like any Marine structure, it will be one all their own. I can say that it looks very promising. And from the looks of the motivation of applicants, SEALs better train harder.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets be civil to each other gentlemen!
Old 03-13-2006, 01:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SAPPER
Damn, if I knew you were at the briefing in DC, I would have said hello.
Besides, it's based on a certain structure from many of the SOF's but like any Marine structure, it will be one all their own. I can say that it looks very promising. And from the looks of the motivation of applicants, SEALs better train harder.
Well take this from someone who is already in it. It is exactly as I stated before. I am sure you get all of the juicy stuff in your briefings... Force Recon has always been here we are finally getting noticed and put to work for a real command that will use us a heck of a lot more strategically than the Corp does!
Old 03-13-2006, 02:44 PM
10 Second Club

More of an ops or forces deal? either way that's good to go!
Old 03-13-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dustin
SERE was not easy but it was damn fun! You must have a strong mentallity for the stress. I have watched many people break down and act completely like a child.
I thought SERE was fun but not something I'd enjoy doing again but good for the experience like the gas chamber. I saw grown men crying and asking for thier mommies when the whole time all you had to remember was that they werent gonna kill you or nothing so chill out and try to take it like a man
Old 03-13-2006, 04:06 PM
10 Second Club

People cried in the gas chamber? Weaksauce!
Old 03-13-2006, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

If you have a college degree you can become an officer. I am a Sgt in the Marine Corps. I work in Aviation Ordnance. If I were you I would try to become a Officer and fly. Aviation is the best way to go if you want to join the military. You don't have to put up with as much crap as the groundside.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 97blkz
People cried in the gas chamber? Weaksauce!
no, people cried in SERE
Old 03-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Teching In

I'm sorry... very, truly sorry. I have reread all of the posts, and I certainly went "off the deep end". I belong to another Military forum, and was involved with a bunch of hotheads who were absolutely trashing the Army on behalf of the Marines and I ignorantly allowed it to spiil over onto this site. Inexcusable. I hope I haven't made any life-long enemies, and I would hate to go to an LS1 gathering and have 50 Marines taking turns putting pop-knots on my head. 49 Marines, I could handle, 50 ... (HA HA hee hee... uh <ahem>) Anyway, I understand if some of you think I'm a jackass, I just ask forgiveness, I allowed myself to become one of the hotheads I was so mad at.

Bill "Never-to-old-to-be-wrong" McD
Old 03-14-2006, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by firehawks_suck
Just to set the record strait Army Special Forces, Navy SEALs, Air Force Para Rescue(PJ), and Marines Force Recon. I think each is good at one aspect of one type of a mission that is why there are 4 branches, and 4 driffent mission statements. But what do I know Im only in an Airborne Infantry unit I have never worked with any spec-ops units. On the ground doing intell SF all the way. In the water SEALs. Downed polit PJ's. And of course if you need intell and a target taken out Force Recon. But more FYI when you go "IF" you want to be high speed Look for the guys with suba bubbles and halo wings there the cream of the crop those are two of the toughest schools in the millatry you will not see to many of those.
Couldn't say it better myself from a prior Infantry Marine.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:25 PM
10 Second Club

SFC I in no way think your a jackass, 22 years served buys you extra cool points with me at least! And do not let Marines fug with ya most of us live to get a raise outta someone, we are bastards but that is kinda what makes us good. Being away from the Corp has mellowed me and same with my friends that are out now( most at least, lol). We all have a common enemy and he serves under no US Military branch. So to all the Armed Forces keep your dicks in the dirt and leave them hurt!!
Old 03-14-2006, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SFC_McD
I'm sorry... blah blah blah
Bill "Never-to-old-to-be-wrong" McD

haha, you've earned some major cool points with the statement because anyone can blow thier top erroniously but it takes a real man to take some criticism and see that he was wrong and apoligize for it! I'd go to the combat zone with a man like that anyday no matter what branch
Old 03-15-2006, 01:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by swoleguy
I never listened to the many former soldiers who told me not to join,so I hope your smarter than this former Airborne Ranger.DO NOT JOIN ANY MILITARY SERVICE! Every word out of a recruitors mouth is a lie.
I have to ask, SwoleGuy, what Ranger class number were you in? Just interested, because most Rangers don't refer to themselves as "Airborne Rangers", the Airborne part being implied, since in order to become a Tabbed Ranger you have to be Airborne... Again, what class? I'll look you up on the Ranger Class history roster if you don't remember. Just tell me your name. Not saying that you didn't get tabbed, it's just that I've just gotten leary of ex "Rangers". If I had a dime for every ex-remf (I'm one now) that was a "Ranger", I'd be able to afford the fastest Trans Am built by man. And, by the way, every word out of a recruiters mouth is NOT a lie. SOME may have mislead (or outright lied) , but ANY suggestion of a lie on a Recruiter's part INSTANTLY instigates an investigation for Recruiter Impropriety. The vast majority of Recruiters will not tell lies to get an enlistment, only to lose their rank AND retirement! I will say, however, that many will simply not tell the whole truth. Ommision is wrong as hell!!! But not a lie. If someone doesn't want to enlist based on what the military has to offer, do we really want them if we have to lie to get them there? Our lives depend on these future Soldiers/Marines. What Ranger class, SwoleGuy? I know that your post was a page back, but in my research on how I was an ******* to our fellow Marines, your post stood out... Fellow "Airborne Rangers" always catch my eye...

Quick Reply: Enlist in Green Berets or Marines???