Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Enlist in Green Berets or Marines???

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 10:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SFC the reason the bend the truth or leave vital info out is because of the INTENSE pressure placed on them. During 1993 I did it for 30 days and they said i should leave with 10 deppers??? WTF are you serious , I failed and got 4. Now it has to be worse and Im sure it is after seeing how much each branch missed there goal by! I saw a SGT get his trash rung by a Gunny for weak #'s!
Old 03-16-2006, 08:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

97blkz, I agree whole-heartedly. I will not even try and defend ALL recruiters, because there are a few unscrupulous ones out there who will do ANYTHING for a "bone". I have lied many times as a recruiter... that's right, I admit it, and got your attention. But!!! I lied in favor of the recruit, on simple matters such as speeding tickets, minor law, etc...I NEVER once,and I say this knowing God our Father is listening, lied to a recruit in order to get them to join, and I can honestly say, I do not KNOW of any fellow recruiters that did so. But, since you saw only a very small amount of what recruiters must accomplish, you know that an INCREDIBLE amount of pressure to produce is placed on them. It's a miracle that more don't fold and result to doing bad things in order to obtain their mission requirements. Only the certain knowledge of being busted due to a Recruiter Impropriety keeps them under a certain level of restraint. I'm sorry that YOU had to see and, experience, what you did, it seems alot of pressure was placed on your new shoulders also. If the standards were not so damned restrictive on who is eligible to join, alot of the problems would simply vanish. I am not saying let ANYONE in, we still have to serve beside those very same people we put in, but to reject someone because he is 67" and weighs 190 pounds? That is just an example. It seems that all of the "qualified" people we want detest us and want nothing to do with the Military, and those who want to serve with all of their hearts, are disqualified for one insane reason or another. Anyway, it's not something we're going to change on this forum. Gotta go earn tax-payer money..
Bill
Old 03-16-2006, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear you , I knew after the 30 day stint if I stayed in recruiter was not going to be in my future!

Quick Reply: Enlist in Green Berets or Marines???