Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Crossed over into the blue.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 01:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude its the airforce.. expect nothing but sittn on your *** bangn chix all day airforce dont do fucken ****!
Old 04-09-2006, 01:31 AM
11 Second Club

Let an old fart throw in his .02: First, don't sweat the run. When I went to basic (Army 20 years ago) my first timed 2mile run was 18:xx (they did a "pre-test" at week 1 of basic). By the time the PT test rolled around (week 8) I was down to 12:50 (it took awhile to purge all the **** from smoking/drinking/partying). Do yourself a favor and start running now, work up to 3 miles. If you think you want to do combat controller, really do your homework, that stuff is no joke. It all sounds good when your out here , but once you get in there , things look and feel much differently. Above all, keep an open mind and try to have fun. It's all what you make of it. Good luck
Old 04-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Banned

You will be fine.. I dont know when, But the extension has been improved.. USAF basic is more educational IE (books with words for you marines and ground pounders), you will do alot of detailed clothes folding, some field training.the P.E. seems to be lacking more now. AF personal get trained after Basic if they need more field training for there jobs. Your gonna get your *** kicked in the Survival school if you make it to flying. And be prepared for a finger sweep in the Flight physical. Better make it two fingers..LOL Aerial gunner would be alright, but "you have to be tough to fly the heavys"
Old 04-09-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you plan on combat contol you better be in shape. They will take you for a day for the PT test. If you don't swim well you had better start at it now. It was just over 17 years ago when I went through AF basic and it is easy. Nothing real physical, more mind games than anything.
And don't let these guys give you a hard time about joining the Air Force. They're just jealous cause the AF women are much hotter the the other branches
Old 04-09-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What? They got rid of folding clothes for the BMT guys? When/why did that happen?
Old 04-09-2006, 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by mapleredt/a
The test that i have to take is that before or after basic? (or inbetween) 1.5 mile run in under 11:30 mins =

Its actually during basic unless they have changed it since I went through.That was 14 years ago so alot has probably changed.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01ls1lover
Dude its the airforce.. expect nothing but sittn on your *** bangn chix all day airforce dont do fucken ****!

I have no idea what branch your in but thats a crappy attitude right there.I have quite a few friends that are in the Air Force and are currently in combat positions doing the Armys job right now. Before you shoot your mouth off you should probably do your homework.I dont know of any branch that has it easy right now. I can deal with a little jabbing here and there but thats out of line right there.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tranzam01
didn't it get extended to 8weeks or was that a rumor?
It did.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Toasty
What? They got rid of folding clothes for the BMT guys? When/why did that happen?

From what my younger peers tell me, about a year ago.... Roll em all up like a big fabric blunt and toss em in the drawer.....
Old 04-10-2006, 06:53 AM
On The Tree

Thank you everyone for your wonderful help MOST of yalls answers really helped with some of my questions. Some of yall have really poor attitudes to be serving your wonderful country. May God bless
Old 04-10-2006, 10:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet 98
From what my younger peers tell me, about a year ago.... Roll em all up like a big fabric blunt and toss em in the drawer.....
Wow. I spent sooo much time getting my drawers straight. My bunk mate and I were the only two who didnt get demerits in our flight...

And your right.. I myself have been in positions working and doing the Armys job in the desert. Not all AF jobs or people are slackers. Dumb comments like that and a poor attitiude, what do you expect from someone who only scored a 35 on his ******* ASVAB. IE "01ls1lover"
Old 04-10-2006, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

#1 Basic is cake
#2 CCT is the hardest ******* thing that you will ever do in your life! I was an Air Traffic controller for a while and we had 4 CCT washout's just at Maxwell. Some of the baddest m/fers I have ever met (including rangers and marines) and they didnt make it.
#3 Dont bash my branch of the military. I aint getting shot at and thats the way I like it, on the other hand my wife, who is a MP, got shot at on a regular basis in Iraq. So keep your mouth shut little boy.

DR
Old 04-10-2006, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

I never said nething bad about the air force though. I hope you werent talking about me.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Launching!

I can tell you i went through survivial school with some Combat controllers and no-one on here is lieing to you that is the hardest school/thing you will ever do in your life and if you aint in shape you better get in some shape!!!!!! You have another thing coming to you if you think that your in shape now because i can tell you that without even knowing you, you arnt in good enough shape for CCT!!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

My room mate went through aerial gunner school and washed out the last part. I heard its hard because you have several things going on all at the same time. My buddy told me its hard to go through but you'll have fun blowing **** up with the mini gun.

As for the Air Force haters its ok I understand you guys are pist because we get treated better and get the best ****. To tell you the truth I liked eating lobster and shrimp dinners every sunday in Iraq then going back to my tent and watching my Satellite TV.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ATCFLYBOY02
#1 Basic is cake
#2 CCT is the hardest ******* thing that you will ever do in your life! I was an Air Traffic controller for a while and we had 4 CCT washout's just at Maxwell. Some of the baddest m/fers I have ever met (including rangers and marines) and they didnt make it.
#3 Dont bash my branch of the military. I aint getting shot at and thats the way I like it, on the other hand my wife, who is a MP, got shot at on a regular basis in Iraq. So keep your mouth shut little boy.

DR
Being a cop over in Iraq wasnt all that bad unless you were on the off-base patrols. They didnt really encountered any firefights but calling in rockets and other explosives was a dangerous task. Even being in a tower was scary since those rockets sounded like they were going just about your head..
Old 04-10-2006, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

Thanks yall for all your help i really appreciate it. keep the info coming.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
My room mate went through aerial gunner school and washed out the last part. I heard its hard because you have several things going on all at the same time. My buddy told me its hard to go through but you'll have fun blowing **** up with the mini gun.

As for the Air Force haters its ok I understand you guys are pist because we get treated better and get the best ****. To tell you the truth I liked eating lobster and shrimp dinners every sunday in Iraq then going back to my tent and watching my Satellite TV.

TV!?!?!?!? LUCKY!!! only tv I had was the surveilance system around the base..
Old 04-11-2006, 08:13 AM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

What is CCT? I have never heard of that. And fooey on you air force guys getting satelite tv and lobsters and shrimp in Iraq. I didn't get **** out there.

Most of us bashing the air force are just taking friendly jabs at you guys, so respond in kind, it is the military way.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:21 AM
Launching!

CCT is short for Combat Controller.

Quick Reply: Crossed over into the blue.