Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Thinking about joining ARMY...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

Location: Butler county, right above slimey ass Cincinnati, OH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And whatever you do, believe "NOTHING" that recuiter says.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Kens_02SS
Id finish school first, then go to in via being an officer
Exactly what he said. Also, look into the Air Force. It's a better life as far as deployment schedules go, and how you get treated. I've deployed with both, and Air Force living is a whole helluva lot better.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:26 AM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by WS6RED2002TA
Sometimes if you qualify for SF they will send you to ranger school in route. Same goes for delta force. Think about it ranger school 60 days SF or Delta Force 7 plus months. I not saying its impossible to go to SF or Delta without ranger just saying don't get supprised if they send you to ranger school in route.
Yeah a buddy on mine is in. When he signed up he singed a SF letter of intent. Went to Infantry school, then AIRBORNE. Then was told to get on a truck after graduation from AIRBORNE and ended up as a Forward Scout for the 82nds' headquarter division at Bragg. Was about to go to RANGER school when 9/11 hit and was sent to the Kuwait "area" and from what I have been told from his mother he came back and went to RANGER then got orders for SF school. Lost contact with them since .
From what I have been told they use Ranger school as a steping stone for SF school, I have head or people skiping Ranger but its super rare from what I understand.

Hope you can learn a few languages pretty easy

I would wait till you are done with scool, that what I am doing.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:21 AM
Teching In

trust me bro...i'm an E-4 SrA in the Air Force and you would be dumb to enlist with 99 hours already completed. if you really want to go ranger or any special forces for that matter...get your degree. the enlisted force structure is **** and the pay is fair but not for the amount of stress and effort you put out on a day to day basis. officers are where the money and good jobs are. it will be tough to compete for a special forces officer position but if you make it...you will have one of the coolest jobs in the military. take it from me i'm an aircraft mechanic and i regret not gettin my degree every time i see F-16's take off and think wow...these guys get paid to do barrel rolls and play in the sky at 20,000+ feet every day and they call it work. get your degree.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Staging Lane

Guys, speaking stricktly from an SF point of view, if you want to do cool **** in SF, NCO is the only way to go. And I'd have to re-do selection, lol **** that. But in all seriousness, an SF letter of intent pre-9/11 is nothing like an 18x mos. Trust me on this, I have first hand experiance. You WILL NOT GO TO RANGER SCHOOL until you graduate the q-course. Once you enter the world you're stuck here until you fail out, quit, or graduate. Reg army and 18x both.

On a side note, if you pass SFAS you could attend ranger school before reporting to SWCS. But we won't send you there while in the course.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:10 PM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by MightyHercWS-6
take it from me i'm an aircraft mechanic and i regret not gettin my degree every time i see F-16's take off and think wow...these guys get paid to do barrel rolls and play in the sky at 20,000+ feet every day and they call it work. get your degree.
Well thats a matter of opinion. My father wanted to fly 16's but got married and had kids so he now works on them instead. He got his F-16 flight a few years ago and said if he could go back in time and do it all over again he would still go enlisted and turn wrenches on them.

Side note, when my buddy went in it was pre 9/11.

Quick Reply: Thinking about joining ARMY...