Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Im curious about your branch pride

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so some say the Marines have the longest deployments, as in boots on ground? I dont think so. Standard Active Army deployment for the last few years has been 12months. Some AD units have stayed much longer, and very few any less. Now NG/AR different story, not my lane. I've seen it all, last rotation in Afghanistan I literally stood in line behind a group of Marines, seemingly well disciplined until you listened to them bitching about the shitty food, the long (7mo for them) deployment, the Navy guys on the boats acting like ******** etc..(this was something I never heard of before and it caught me off guard)..I about laughed, but maintained composure and it hit me, the charade all the branches put up to others in some sick way of gaining acceptance or justify their enlistment. Oh well. I look at it like in every branch there is something not desireable, there is that black spot that will haunt them....pick your poison and obviously be proud you have the ability and freedom to serve!
To all those in the Armed Forces and their family members, God Bless you and all you sacrifice!

Last edited by CAT3; 08-23-2006 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:59 PM
11 Second Club

Pleeease, even Marines can score plenty high on the asvab. Out of highschool I had a 96 on the asvab, and I was talking to the AF Recruiter he was all excited, I just didn't choose them.

About that whole "air power" ****.. you must forget we have our own airwing too. Not to mention, the naval air power ASWELL.

You can't win **** without men on the ground. Bomb the hell out of anything, they will stay buried and hidden. You need that Marine or soldier on the ground to go through and clear them.

Don't you think we'd prefer to have you guys fly over and blow the **** up while we hang out on your 5-star bases in Iraq instead of on scattered shitty fobs with no power and shitting in plastic bags? exactly.

Every branch is there for a reason and does their jobs well. It is the US Military, the best just end up Marines

haha
Old 08-23-2006, 12:02 AM
11 Second Club

Oh.. yeah right.. the Army NEVER complained about anything

Act like we didn't work with them in Fallujah and ar Ramadi. They hid on TQ while only marines stayed outside the wire.

Some marines (with RCT's) stay for a year. The rest of us do 7. We will goto Iraq 3 full times though.

Originally Posted by CAT3
Ok, so some say the Marines have the longest deployments, as in boots on ground? I dont think so. Standard Active Army deployment for the last few years has been 12months. Some AD units have stayed much longer, and very few any less. Now NG/AR different story, not my lane. I've seen it all, last rotation in Afghanistan I literally stood in line behind a group of Marines, seeminly well disciplined until you listened to them bitching about the shitty food, the long (7mo for them) deployment, the Navy guys on the boats acting like ******** etc...I about laughed, but maintained composure and it hit me, the charade all the branches put up to others in some sick way of gaining acceptance or justify their enlistment. Oh well. I look at it like in every branch there is something not desireable, there is that black spot that will haunt them....pick your poison and obviously be proud you have the ability and freedom to serve!
To all those in the Armed Forces and their family members, God Bless you and all you sacrifice!
Old 08-23-2006, 12:10 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by craparo
Oh.. yeah right.. the Army NEVER complained about anything

Act like we didn't work with them in Fallujah and ar Ramadi. They hid on TQ while only marines stayed outside the wire.

Some marines (with RCT's) stay for a year. The rest of us do 7. We will goto Iraq 3 full times though.

Ok, get your ego off your keyboard there warrior. If you read what I typed I was not bashing Marines, simply stating I had always looked at the Marines like the few the proud blah blah....but under the lid they are the same warriors as the Soldiers! If you've ever met a Soldier who impressed, the first time that happens you think, Wow their not all a bunch of bleeding vagina's or whatever...first time I heard a Marine bitch it was just as memorable alright. Hopefully the Army goes back to a 6 or 9month rotational plan, the year gone, 4-6months home is getting a little old.

I dont know where you got me "Act like...never said anything about that! And I have no idea what you mean by TQ. But as long as you feel happy thinking only your precious Marine *** was the only forces outside the wire God Bless you too, whatever it takes for you to do your job and serve I dont care, just do it.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:26 AM
11 Second Club

TQ is Al Taqquadum. I don't think my "precious marine ***" was the only one outside the wire, but talking about marines bitching about food or deployments or the navy guys doesn't make you a keyboard warrior too? I'm just responding to your comments. I can say that the way some peoples deployments went (even if it was a whole year) is a lot easier than some marines 7months in country (I won't sy all because I know a lot that did the same thing as anyone in another branch that sat behind a desk at a big base) and the same goes vice-a-versa.

You took what I said way too offensively, but I am glad that it is okay for you to say **** about us but as soon as I say anything back you get all butt hurt. Honestly I don't think Marines need to be in country anymore for my own reasons. It is now stabalization operations, which personally I think the army would be better outfitted for. I don't think they are all bleeding vaginas but I like to give you all a hard time to get reactions
Old 08-23-2006, 02:28 AM
11 Second Club

Oh - also -- is it possible for someone in the army to goto iraq for 18 mos(or so he says) and come back with "150 grand"

...enlisted..not a contractor or anything..
??
Old 08-23-2006, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh - also -- is it possible for someone in the army to goto iraq for 18 mos(or so he says) and come back with "150 grand"

yes..
Old 08-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by craparo

??

Yes. There were quite a few specialty jobs that the DOA offered large bonuses for extending beyond the 20yr mark. MOF, the job I am reclassing into had a the largest Non-SpecOps bonus two years ago; UAV (Drone pilot) but you had to be E-7 or E-8, have min. of 19yr 6mo Active Duty, and then volunteer to stay another 6yrs...so if you were in country at the time (I was) you got $80,000 or something. Spec-Ops were at or over $100,000, same grade and time though.
Yes, plenty of Army have stayed in the **** for well over 12 months, but if you ask good ole Uncle, "only when the mission commander deemed it 100% necessary......" what a crock. I too feel Marines should have long been out of Iraq, and ***-crack-istan and not cuz you need more keyboard warrior time either The IEF portion is done, time to go.

Now for the Marines bitching comment, maybe I need to word it like this: I always held Marines in the highest respect, worked with them from time to time etc, but never heard any of the simplistic whining and **** you'd hear from other services...then one day down range, I heard a group of Marines bitching about..... and that **** just shocked me, I realized we're really all the same. There. Not trying to be offensive to any Marine, I've a few close friends that are Marines still, some have left for personal reasons but whatever. I'm too old for this bickering ****, I'd rather have a beer while debating which service this or that, since deep inside we all know its bullshit anyway
Old 08-23-2006, 09:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, having spent two years of my life in Iraq gettting shot at, rpg'd, mortar'd, ied'd, etc. I would have to say I'm not so much biased by branch as by job.
I have a ton more respect for someone who has been through similar events than the finace guy chillin' in Kuwait or, the fobbit working the gate for a year.

Last edited by bob320fa; 08-23-2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bob320fa
Well, having spent two years of my life in Iraq gettting shot at, rpg'd, mortor'd, ied'd, etc. I would have to say I'm not so much biased by branch as by job.
I have a ton more respect for someone who has been through similar events than the finace guy chillin' in Kuwait or, the fobbit working the gate for a year.
I was an engineer so I did everything under the sun but I have to tell you some of those front gate gigs arent easy at all. I never did any gate duty (wasn't at any one place long enough) but I know of quite a few front and side gates that got messed up with VBIED's and ground assaults. My easiest missions were convoy security cause that meant I was not breaking my *** fortifying something.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

We as marines have the right to bitch.....we do ALL the work and still get **** from the govt. How many times have we had to save the Armys ***?
Old 08-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ss1129
We as marines have the right to bitch.....we do ALL the work and still get **** from the govt. How many times have we had to save the Armys ***?
Back up your claim with facts then if you feel the Marines have a right to complain...

Either way, I don't really care about who thinks what branch is better. We all made our choice as to which service to go in to. It just bothers me to no end when people spout off absolute indoctrinated propaganda about why their own service is so vastly superior.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

We have the strongest military in the world BECAUSE we have ALL of our branches. If we had only one branch we would not have a strong military.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I think no one is better than anyone else. Im in the Air Force if you cant tell and I signed the same ******* dotted line that everyone else did. If you go to Iraq or anywhere else. You a bigger man than me so far b/c I havnt been. DONT ******* DIE OVER THERE!!!! There have been to many great folks, some my close friends, that have died. Have a great AIR FORCE day.

DR
Old 08-23-2006, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Some key points why I think the A/F is better.
-$12,000 Bonous and 2 stripes for 6 yr enlistment
-Score is higher to join on ASVAB
-I been deployed 3 times and not one has gone over 5 months.
-Better food
-Sweeter assignments
-Best Air Force in the world. Marines/Navy/Army have aircraft but nothing to match the Air Force.
-We get treated better
-We have Nukes
-Basic is 6 1/2 weeks long
-I can keep going but I'll stop here
Old 08-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Teching In

im gonna agree with the guy above. Im an acft maintainer and we put army and marines on the plane all the time, and no offense to army guys but the marines always act proffesional and are always polite and ive never heard them complain. I cant tell how many times i see army guys flickin us off and bitching up a storm on the plane. I know almost nobody wants to go to the desert but, come on, theres a time and place for everything, and for a lot of the army guys to be flicking off the guys that are fixing the planes that they are riding on is just disrespectful
Old 08-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by ss1129

I'm not going to go there, that is about saving another branch's ***...see above, my comment on all branches have that black spot...I didnt mention yours as a Marine, I feel any of those circumstances are better left to those that have been there, done that rather than played out by some junior grade chest pounders.... FWIW, I personally had my *** saved by Joint Service CAS so I have respect for all the services.

As for the "finance guys etc..." I'll never bitch about them sitting behind a desk making sure my family receives its fair pay while I am in or out of the wire, nor the Personnel Service Clerks making sure my records are straight so I could make SFC (E-7) even though many never left the wire...any all Servicemembers that serve, be it abroad or homestation is better than the government welfare collecting lazy ***** that want to enjoy the freedoms we protect and worse, the bitches that sit and talk ****, protest etc for what we do for our Country!

This is one of those posts that can get out of hand quickly if we let it... I dont take any of these posts about superior service serious, I've been around long enough to know better, but its still interesting to stir the shitpot now n then
Old 08-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by PotentialZ28
im gonna agree with the guy above. Im an acft maintainer and we put army and marines on the plane all the time, and no offense to army guys but the marines always act proffesional and are always polite and ive never heard them complain. I cant tell how many times i see army guys flickin us off and bitching up a storm on the plane. I know almost nobody wants to go to the desert but, come on, theres a time and place for everything, and for a lot of the army guys to be flicking off the guys that are fixing the planes that they are riding on is just disrespectful

No complaints here on that. I've done my proding of AF peeps for the same thing, I think its just the Soldiers way of blowing off some steam before the **** hits the fan. Some ppl dont know what its like to deploy for a year, on short notice, get home for 3-4 months and go right back, after that, I am sure there are Commanders getting the single digit show of respect. As long as no one takes it personal, doesnt make it right I know...
Old 08-23-2006, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CAT3

This is one of those posts that can get out of hand quickly if we let it... I dont take any of these posts about superior service serious, I've been around long enough to know better, but its still interesting to stir the shitpot now n then
Hell yea it is. By the way have you guys seen the new Air Force uniform? We are gonna make all the other branches look gay. check out the link below

http://chairforce.com/easy-chair/hum...r-uniforms.pdf
Old 08-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by radz
Hell yea it is. By the way have you guys seen the new Air Force uniform? We are gonna make all the other branches look gay. check out the link below

http://chairforce.com/easy-chair/hum...r-uniforms.pdf

Awesome, they have red for the Marines and Green for the Army.. Guess the rest will either be yellow or black.

Quick Reply: Im curious about your branch pride