Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

a few questions for you deployed guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 10:25 AM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ckingcmaro
Also, saying that i'm phsyically fit & no medical problems, is it guaruntee'd I will be infantry and will not be forced to do something in the lines of a desk job? (Not to dis-respect those jobs, it's just not where I want to be)
If you don't make it through the ranger training but made it through airborne, you will go to an airborne unit, like the 82nd or 101st. Failing that, you will go to one of the regular infantry divisions. The army will not take an infantry trained guy and stick him behind a desk to do admin work. It has already paid to make you an infantryman.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you pass Airborne and RIP, then you will go to either 1/75, 2/75, 3/75, or 4/75 RTB. 4/75 being the Ranger Training Battalion. If you want to go big, then go to a regular Infantry division and go SFAS. Special Forces Assesment Selection. Right now they are hurting for guys. SF is way better than going to the ranger regiment. They can pull strings because they don't work for the regular army. If you want to go all out, then go SFOD-D. That's pretty much Delta Force and you have to be an E-5 to try out.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MM well I figured either way i'd hafta go regular infantry to obtain the rank to be able to try out for SF, therefore I thought i'd do ranger to be better phsyically prepared & mentally..

What you guys think?
Old 10-20-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ckingcmaro
MM well I figured either way i'd hafta go regular infantry to obtain the rank to be able to try out for SF, therefore I thought i'd do ranger to be better phsyically prepared & mentally..

What you guys think?
Nowadays you can get SF in your enlistment contract. Though I personally don't like that. But they are short people, so whatever. But as already mentioned, you can get ranger in your contract as well. The day you graduate airborne school, the RI's will be waiting to pick you up and your life instantly becomes a tad rougher

Quick Reply: a few questions for you deployed guys