Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

anyone ever shot an M2 from the offhand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aggiez28
Nope, It is possible, I know someone who has done it. Of course it is a single shot deal and there is no way to aim it. you put on your sholders behind your head facing from your left to right (or the opposite).
you can support the barrel with one hand and fire with the other.
it does that to allot of people who try it.

brook

So how do you hold the barrell when it is moving in and out of the reciver. So can you show us pics of this guys hand's and how big he is?

I am now hearing stories from some of my guys about this. I dont belive it. but it wasent at the range. it was in combat. said the turret got stuck and the soldier picked it up out of the mount and started to mow insurgents down. but well see. it was also said that he was awarded the medel of honor.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

yup BS

see even the smiley know's it needs to be on the tripod. haha
Old 11-22-2006, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am now hearing stories from some of my guys about this. I dont belive it. but it wasent at the range. it was in combat. said the turret got stuck and the soldier picked it up out of the mount and started to mow insurgents down. but well see. it was also said that he was awarded the medel of honor.
I would call BS on that. the way I am talking abotu firing the weapon wouldnt be useful for anything. just fun to try.

So how do you hold the barrell when it is moving in and out of the reciver. So can you show us pics of this guys hand's and how big he is?
with your hand...... you could grasp it however you want to. or hold the far front end of the reciever. just find a safe place to hold it that suports it where you want it.
I guess you could technicly do it with only one hand (the one firing the weapon)
Old 11-23-2006, 06:05 AM
Staging Lane

I believe what you all are talking about is SASR Apreciation. I have shot it from the standing numerous times. Pretty freakin scary the first time, but after that its like a 12 gauge on steroids. It has very good recoil characistics! If you would like to see a movie clip of me shooting it from the standing just.http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoid=765507028
Old 11-23-2006, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by six8fbird
I believe what you all are talking about is SASR Apreciation. I have shot it from the standing numerous times. Pretty freakin scary the first time, but after that its like a 12 gauge on steroids. It has very good recoil characistics! If you would like to see a movie clip of me shooting it from the standing just.http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoid=765507028
that's what i asked but he said no. he's talking about the M2 HB Machine gun
Old 11-23-2006, 03:48 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by six8fbird
Isn't that an M82 or an M107?
Old 11-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by StoleIt
Isn't that an M82 or an M107?
Yeah the Marine Corp SS plt call it the M82A3! Look for a new fifty to replace the Barret in the future.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I believe what you all are talking about is SASR Apreciation.
nope, I am talking about the M2. ma duce.

I wanted to try and shoot the SASR like that, never got to do it though.

I was very unimpressed with the SASR, it looked kinda junky, cheaply made, low quality.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

closest thing to this I've ever seen was M2 fired w/o a tripod.. we had stacked sandbags up all around it to keep it from jumping around real bad (which didnt help so much) ended up using an extra bolt from humvee armor and a tent pole to jerryrig a mounting pin/block.. even with this extra pin & stabilizing sand bags, it was extremely inaccurate after the first shot, and would bounce violently when fired in anything but single shot mode.

hope this helps.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

closest thing to this I've ever seen was M2 fired w/o a tripod.. we had stacked sandbags up all around it to keep it from jumping around real bad (which didnt help so much) ended up using an extra bolt from humvee armor and a tent pole to jerryrig a mounting pin/block.. even with this extra pin & stabilizing sand bags, it was extremely inaccurate after the first shot, and would bounce violently when fired in anything but single shot mode.

hope this helps.
nope but it was interesting, thanks

Quick Reply: anyone ever shot an M2 from the offhand?