Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Marines come on in

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 07:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krink85
the west of the mississippi thing really isnt true. i live in illinois and the didnt let us pick. my meps was in St. Louis which is west of the mississippi but i knwo a few people from chicago that did not get to pick. this isnt for sure its just what i have seen.
I'm from Indiana and also a "Hollywood" marine.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

I would not get tired of you I think I would just I.T. everyone else because of you.
I was kidding. Which i'm sure you know. My brother just reenlisted to become a recruiter. I know how you D.I.'s hate recruiters. I don't think I could become a D.I. I would get too pissed and hit a recruit... Then loose rank.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

Your winter recruits are generally the ones that have been sitting at home sponging off Mom and Dad 'til they finally kicked you out. Or... you started college, found out you were a dumbass and dropped out.

I think the "Winter Recruits" are the more Hardcorps ones. There the ones doing the deed during Christmas and New Year holidays. Plust it gets chilly in SC and in the Mts of Pendleton during the winter months too. IMO.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FHAWK02
Your winter recruits are generally the ones that have been sitting at home sponging off Mom and Dad 'til they finally kicked you out. Or... you started college, found out you were a dumbass and dropped out.

I think the "Winter Recruits" are the more Hardcorps ones. There the ones doing the deed during Christmas and New Year holidays. Plust it gets chilly in SC and in the Mts of Pendleton during the winter months too. IMO.
Based on my two years as a DI, I'd have to say that every winter platoon was harder to train than the summer ones. In my opinion, the difference seemed to lie in their over-all motivation and dedication. We generally had a higher percentage of drops in the winter too.

If a summer platoon ever seemed as difficult to train as a winter platoon, it generally had to do with the numbers of recruits. A summer platoon would have around 70 - 75 recruits and a winter platoon would have between 50 -60.

Keep in mind, I'm speaking in general terms. There are recruits that stand out in every platoon. It's just that the summer platoons have more standing out than the winter ones.

Marc
Old 11-21-2006, 06:34 AM
Staging Lane

If a summer platoon ever seemed as difficult to train as a winter platoon, it generally had to do with the numbers of recruits. A summer platoon would have around 70 - 75 recruits and a winter platoon would have between 50 -60.
True the number is greatly different in the Winter than Summer. Or vise versa.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just keep in mind that it is all a game... and as long as you do what you have to do it is only so long and it will be over. live chow to chow and the days will fly by, then before you know it is sunday again and you can go to church for an hour... and there are only so many of those... just keep doing what you have to and look for the light at the end of the tunnel
Old 11-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Tenured Member

Looks like I'll be comming to see you import slayer right now I'm scheduled for december but I'll probly move it back to january. If you need any help with your car let me know after I become a marine after bootcamp I'll give you a hand. I have these things down since I've been working at Outlaw motorsports out here.
Tim James
Old 11-22-2006, 01:50 AM
On The Tree

The "Marine Corps" some of the best and worst times of my life. Good luck!
Old 11-26-2006, 01:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by nytmare1
Based on my two years as a DI, I'd have to say that every winter platoon was harder to train than the summer ones. In my opinion, the difference seemed to lie in their over-all motivation and dedication. We generally had a higher percentage of drops in the winter too.

Keep in mind, I'm speaking in general terms. There are recruits that stand out in every platoon. It's just that the summer platoons have more standing out than the winter ones.

Marc
I was a winter platoon, we started with 90-100 something recruits, dropped to about 60-70ish by graduation, plus pickups. I wasn't a winter recruit by choice, that was as soon as the marine corps sent me to bootcamp (september, I graduated hs in june of that year.) I'm sure you see it differently as a D.I, but I know everyone is disgusting to you anyways . All I know is that **** sucks, it gets ****** cold in pendleton mountains too, and you are soaked with shitty smelling mud.. yeeeah. Overall bootcamp isn't bad at all, infact it was the easiest when I look back. Good way to save money and always have every minute of your day planned out for you, and you will be so worn out you sleep like a baby every night.

Just be prepared for the recon indoc, if its the same as the fleet one (i would assume it has to be, to be called recon...) that **** is intense.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Resident

70-75 on a summer heard those are pretty small plt's we usually get 80-90 man heards in the summer. In fact this past summer one of the companys had a platoon with 120 recruits. ( Sucks to be the ''J'')
Old 11-26-2006, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by import slayer
70-75 on a summer heard those are pretty small plt's we usually get 80-90 man heards in the summer. In fact this past summer one of the companys had a platoon with 120 recruits. ( Sucks to be the ''J'')
Gotta love war time platoons.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

...one of the companys had a platoon with 120 recruits...
holy ****! can you imagine drilling a platoon that big? the front end would be like,"what the ****'d he say?", everytime you gave a command. you'd loose your voice for sure!

and smoky, learn your general orders now. it'll be easier. not only learn them, try to understand their purpose, and why they are important.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Staging Lane

Listen to these gentlemen, and keep your manpleaser/cumdumpster/cockhoster/cake hole... other wise known as your mouth, lol. Shut. and listen.what one man can do, another can do. write down the cadinces, they are great. semper fi. Cpl. USMC.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:09 AM
Banned

Im a PI Marine but i go to San Diego Depot every once in a while (from Miramar during lunch to save $7 on razors, why not). But ya, all of the above mentioned tips are good to go. PT every day, and be open minded. OH and join USAA or Navy Fed ASAP (banks).
Old 01-02-2007, 04:06 AM
Tenured Member

Well boys its my time for boot. I leave jan 3 to come see import slayer. I didnt get in nearly enough pt but Im gonna do my best an not give up. See everyone in 3 months when Ill be a Marine.
Tim
Old 01-02-2007, 06:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

be sure and get some sleep, then.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:00 AM
10 Second Club

Shitbag Marines and good Marines come out of both Recruit Depots. I was a so called Hollywood Marine. I had the composite score for Sergeant while I was on terminal leave. I was an 3533 LVS operator, Motor T....

I'm guessing that you are enlisting as an 0311?? You must complete bootcamp, SOI or MCT, and get into the fleet before you can even attempt to take the endock. For what it's worth, I had the opportunity and turned it down b/c I was and am still married with kids.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

I wonder how he liked his first day?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Launching!

He probably didn't

I'll be eager to hear from him when he gets back, goodluck to the man..
Old 01-06-2007, 11:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would not get tired of you I think I would just I.T. everyone else because of you.
Not a good way to make friends in the plt. lol
Are you or were you a Drill Instructor for Mike Company?

Quick Reply: Marines come on in