Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Army Strong

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Army Strong" is better than "An Army of One"... but I'm still kinda partial to this slogan...

Old 11-20-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

HAHAHAHA!!! OMG THAT IS HILARIOUS an so true i might add. Ya when i joined it was Be all you can be, an i still remember the theme song to it on the radio, i don't know why they ever got rid of it, but i guess politics will change everything. I also hate the fact that the Army is going thru this "warrior" transition phase, warrior leaders course, warrior ethos, warrior helmet, WTF?? are we playing ****** dungeons and dragons now? I will say the Marines have the best commericals, i liked the guy climbing the mountains an getting to the top to transform in to dress blues, thats classy--and anyone notice its still The Few an the proud? they havent changed an we shouldn't have either
Old 11-20-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Daredevil_TA
I also hate the fact that the Army is going thru this "warrior" transition phase, warrior leaders course, warrior ethos, warrior helmet, WTF?? are we playing ****** dungeons and dragons now?
yeah the "warrior" thing is

Warrior grass detail, Warrior weed picking, Warrior floor buffing, Warrior sitting around all afternoon waiting for formation, Warrior PMCS'ing the same **** every week that hasnt moved in 4 months.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Grave
"Army Strong" is better than "An Army of One"... but I'm still kinda partial to this slogan...

Old 11-20-2006, 07:08 PM
SCRWS6

Oh yeah the whole recruiting thing.... we exceeded goal by 5k or something close to that, wasn`t because of me, but gotta say people are still walking in wanting to serve. All volunteers, too bad that we can`t count all the people who aren`t qualified
Old 11-20-2006, 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its sad people turn to the armed forces because they can't do anything else, i have huge respect for those who choose to serve, but that's because they decided on that as not just a last resort. My cuz wanted to be a marine hardcore, but since he has a metal plate in his shoulder he couldn't go- so he chose the army. I don't think any less of him as being army vs. marines, theres no doubt in my mind he could have made it as a marine. i wish more people would serve because they have the desire to, not just because they've failed so far at life. idk... end of rant.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CockerKid009
Its sad people turn to the armed forces because they can't do anything else, i have huge respect for those who choose to serve, but that's because they decided on that as not just a last resort. My cuz wanted to be a marine hardcore, but since he has a metal plate in his shoulder he couldn't go- so he chose the army. I don't think any less of him as being army vs. marines, theres no doubt in my mind he could have made it as a marine. i wish more people would serve because they have the desire to, not just because they've failed so far at life. idk... end of rant.
Thats an all to common stereotype. Most people do not join because they have nothing else to do. If you have ever served in the military you would know that it is a decent, competitive wage job, that offers huge incentives to join. You dont have to have nothing else to do to join. The pay is not nearly as bad as evferyone says either, here in savannah an E5 makes about 47K and gets free dental and medical, not a bad deal considering E5 is like a given rank after a few years.

Most people join either because they wanted to serve their country, or they join for the great incentives and great experience that the military can give you, not because they had nothing else to do. Yeah there are some of those but not that many, and of the ones that are in a good portion of them never make rank and stay on extra duty all the time, or just get thrown out. Its easy to get in, but depending on the command it can be easy to get thrown out.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:38 AM
SCRWS6

Rant away my friend, but honestly if you want to see what the other side is like visit a post and talk to someone who is a career soldier and see if they don`t have a degree or some kind of side business in the civilian world, most chose not only to take advantage of the benefits of the military, but the civilian side too. I had a buddy when we were in Iraq that had to be sent back because his online business needed some tweeking, he was gone a week and came back, by that time we had computers and internet set up and working... no complaints when your making 100k a year, and are already setup for retirement. You can make anything you want to of yourself in this life, some just chose an easier route, and some chose the military, and some chose not to choose, keep meeting 36yr olds living with their parents...... hey no rent payments.......
Old 11-21-2006, 10:39 AM
SCRWS6

aargh didn`t mean to ramble, sorry bout that, just hope it brings more people to the table....HOOAH
Old 11-21-2006, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brad8266
Thats an all to common stereotype. Most people do not join because they have nothing else to do. If you have ever served in the military you would know that it is a decent, competitive wage job, that offers huge incentives to join. You dont have to have nothing else to do to join. The pay is not nearly as bad as evferyone says either, here in savannah an E5 makes about 47K and gets free dental and medical, not a bad deal considering E5 is like a given rank after a few years.

Most people join either because they wanted to serve their country, or they join for the great incentives and great experience that the military can give you, not because they had nothing else to do. Yeah there are some of those but not that many, and of the ones that are in a good portion of them never make rank and stay on extra duty all the time, or just get thrown out. Its easy to get in, but depending on the command it can be easy to get thrown out.

47K as an E5!?? i make 28K as an E4 an im on the west coast
Old 11-21-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

47K as an E5!?? i make 28K as an E4 an im on the west coast
Well you must not be taking into consideration the tax savings that you get since both your BAH and BAQ are not taxed. Let me tell you this. I make a base salary of 48K as a civilian, I am married, and I claim 6 exemptions on my tax witholding. I bring home 1525 every 2 weeks. 18% of my pay is deducted in taxes every pay day.
My wife is an E4 here claims 0 on her tax exemptions and with BAH and BAQ she brings home as much as I do, although her gross is not nearly as much as mine is, the tax savings is huge so she nets what i do. The military also gives the great free healthcare as well, worth around $700 a month.
So yeah if you ever get out of the military and have to pay tax on 100% of your pay you will realize that it isnt so bad when youre in.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:55 PM
SCRWS6

Old 11-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

hmm... i always thought the army of one was pretty fruity, and this one reminds me of theme more like the marine corps. videos instilling pride in every soldier. but still its hard to beat be all you can be.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brad8266
Well you must not be taking into consideration the tax savings that you get since both your BAH and BAQ are not taxed. Let me tell you this. I make a base salary of 48K as a civilian, I am married, and I claim 6 exemptions on my tax witholding. I bring home 1525 every 2 weeks. 18% of my pay is deducted in taxes every pay day.
My wife is an E4 here claims 0 on her tax exemptions and with BAH and BAQ she brings home as much as I do, although her gross is not nearly as much as mine is, the tax savings is huge so she nets what i do. The military also gives the great free healthcare as well, worth around $700 a month.
So yeah if you ever get out of the military and have to pay tax on 100% of your pay you will realize that it isnt so bad when youre in.

ahhhh, your married well thats a different ballgame, i was refferring to us single soldiers, taxing my BAH? i dont see how they could i only get $8.10 and i don't even get BAQ whatever that is-i do get quite abit taken out in state taxes being as i claim iowa-king of agriculture--

an since we're on the subject of rants i wish i had the option of not having my BAS taken out for meal deduction because the 555th DFAC on North Fort sucks ballz! yes if any of you triple nickel cooks are reading this i say again YOUR CHOWHALL SUCKS GIANT ****!!-i want my BAS so i can cook better meals on my George Foreman-sorry had to get that off my chest, im sort of a disgruntled soldier if you guys can't tell already
Old 11-21-2006, 05:18 PM
NKAWTG...N

yes if any of you triple nickel cooks are reading this i say again YOUR CHOWHALL SUCKS GIANT ****!!-i want my BAS so i can cook better meals on my George Foreman-sorry had to get that off my chest, im sort of a disgruntled soldier if you guys can't tell already

Napoleon said, "An army marches on it's stomach." Still soo true.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

effing ghey is what I think that new slogan is
Old 11-21-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StoleIt

Napoleon said, "An army marches on it's stomach." Still soo true.
ya an looked what happened to that guy, it shows
Old 11-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

scrws6 where you recruit at? Im detailed to Yuma, AZ and belong to SoCal BN
Old 11-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

scrws6 where do you recruit at? Im detailed in Yuma, AZ and belong to SoCal BN
Old 12-01-2006, 03:20 PM
11 Second Club

hahaha its refreshing to see you army guys complaining about the same b.s. (police calling, area maintenance, hours of formations for nothing, dry sweeping, etc..) we always make jokes when they show the Marine Corps videos to us (I don't know why, they already got us in) every once in awhile.

I don't like the motto "army strong" though.. just doesn't quite seem right.. the video isn't bad though.

Also, why is the motto changing all the friggin time I wouldn't even know what it is?
Gotta love the fact that the corps is a pretty good PR machine, they've stuck to the same formula for awhile. Either way I don't know how well it works anyways.. i dont really care about commercials when i joined.

Quick Reply: Army Strong