Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

MILITARY "FOR SALE" SECTION?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 11:20 AM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SINISTER
your not allowed to make copies of a govt ID CARD!

The front of the id card you can.. This i know cause its my job.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Restricted User

Sinister, sorry for your dealings with shady bastards, but this just supports the section. Those wanting to be slim shady, not offer discounts to other mil members simply wont post in the section. Its a voluntary thing. I can make a trip to El Paso if you like, its only a few hours away. I just need all info you have on him, besides this could be fun
Old 12-28-2006, 11:28 AM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

With what CAT3 said about shipping is so true to here. Companies think cause you live here in Hawaii that you got money like no tomarrow, when most of us are MIL. Companies off FREE shipping to the lower 48 then charge u 100 to ship to Hawaii.. come on thats BS. I know SpeedInc has done a great deal of help with shipping here and only charged what it cost them to ship out here and lowered a few of the prices to help since there was no Free shipping like the lower 48. I priced through different companies a 9in rear end I got anything from 700 to 1200 to ship. I nearly shi+ myself.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

+1 for the icon under the avatar if building a new section is to much work...

STOP BITCHING ABOUT GETTING FU*KED OVER You have the choice,( one of the few) to buy from WHO EVER you want... if someone pisses in your fruit loops... deal w/ it... You paid him w/o getting on the phone w/ him/her 1st...

Or get soe good computer equipt and ping his firewall and get the phyical addy of the ping
Old 12-28-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO,
We already have a for sale section on this forum. Use it.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Regular

Make it a hidden forum, that way only military have access via permission from the mods. It may be a pain in the *** at first, but that way you only need to verify your information once, and then the mods can have it on file just in case someone tries to rip you off.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DSIM
Make it a hidden forum, that way only military have access via permission from the mods. It may be a pain in the *** at first, but that way you only need to verify your information once, and then the mods can have it on file just in case someone tries to rip you off.
What happens when you get out of the military?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by brad8266
What happens when you get out of the military?
Then you should be a man and tell the mods about it, that way your access can be removed.... since its to be a military only FS forum.

And if you PCS, then you also need to inform the mods so they can update your contact info.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:27 AM
10 Second Club

so whats up is this going to happen or what?? ill be home in like 6 mouths and i would rather send money to my brother in arms, ill be send a lot of money hahahah
Old 01-08-2007, 07:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would be interested in this Military only Section. I think if an ako email address was used as a password to access the forum would be great way of monitering. Or we could always use PM then deal "strictly with AKO addresses. Just a thought.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mil-only for sale section? Useless and redundant.

Let's say you want to sell an STB, mil-to-mil just because you prefer dealing with the military. You post it on the mil for sale section. You get no bites for a week, so you post the same exact ad in the regular classifieds. It would have been easier to post the classifieds in the "public" forum and denote that you prefer to deal with mil first.

It makes more sense to make a little note in your post saying "mil preferred" instead of posting in a mil-only forum. Honestly, a whole new forum shouldn't be made to accomodate segregation. And that's all I'm seeing here - a request for segregation. It's poorly justified too. The military population here isn't so big that we can't participate in the public classifieds without establishing a preference to deal with the military.

Some of you believe that military info is a nice form of "insurance" against bad sellers. If I were to sell something, the last thing I'd want to give out is identifying information in regards to my employment. I can make an honest sale without relying on my military credentials. By using this information as a form of collateral (in the way of getting in touch with somebody's commander), you're also opening a backdoor for exploitation by malicious people. What happens when the mil info is worth gold to classified transactions? It becomes spoofed.

I think Nine Ball already said it - you should have established some sense of trust before dealing with a board member. Capitalizing on mil info is icing on the cake at best, and it doesn't warrant a new forum.

The icon under the avatar is a good idea, though.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone must fill out the SF86 just to make sure.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Everyone must fill out the SF86 just to make sure.

Quick Reply: MILITARY "FOR SALE" SECTION?