Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

ft hood guys in here!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ft hood guys in here!!!!!

Hey i am trying to figure out if i want to go to ft hood???? Well i am currently stationed at ft lewis WA state and i am looking for something new... I am going to re up here soon and thinking about going to hood i am originally from the houston area and i would like to be close to that again. Whats the kileen area like and the post and units and if it helps any i am a 13bravo

thanks for any info that can be given
Old 02-06-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are happy at Lewis then stay there. Killeen is dirty and ghetto. Hood will have you deployed asap. There are only 2 types of people at Hood: Those returning from deployment and those about to deploy.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

ft.hood sucks!!! i hate this place. been here 17 months....can't wait to leave
Old 02-06-2007, 07:16 PM

Nothing but unbiased reporting here.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ws6man2000
Hey i am trying to figure out if i want to go to ft hood???? Well i am currently stationed at ft lewis WA state and i am looking for something new... I am going to re up here soon and thinking about going to hood i am originally from the houston area and i would like to be close to that again. Whats the kileen area like and the post and units and if it helps any i am a 13bravo

thanks for any info that can be given
ft hood here and also originally from houston.....anywho to be honest with you like the guy in post 2 says its dirty and ghetto.....but theres always a mustang around to rape when you need a quick pick me up.....

btw what side of houston you originally from?
Old 02-06-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
If you are happy at Lewis then stay there. Killeen is dirty and ghetto. Hood will have you deployed asap. There are only 2 types of people at Hood: Those returning from deployment and those about to deploy.
he speaks the truth i just got back nov 17 and will be redeploying in sept. ive also been told that once you get sent to hood you get caught in this vortex of hood, korea, hood, korea and so on and so forth....there are people here who have been in 4id 15 years consecutively sad really
Old 02-06-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

well before i joined i lived in katy, well since i have been at lewis its the same thing a vortex of iraq,korea,iraq..... But its a really nice post the weather just sucks and i am currently in baghdad as well with 2id but its looking like ill stay at lewis
Old 03-09-2007, 01:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was born and raised in Killeen/Fort Hood. I'm not in the Army but I can vouch for the guy that said it is ghetto. I live 4 hours away now and go home to visit maybe twice a year. The area and people suck!!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Staging Lane

i just got here its really not that bad but there are better places
Old 03-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Launching!

was in Hood 1998-2000 then onto hawaii..luckly I didnt get caught up in the Hood rotation..and I have to agree with them all..I really didint like the area..loved going to Sandies..which is probably no longer there..liked JAck the Hammer morning show..hated the drive to 6th street to have some good fun...coopers cove blows..harker hieghts..**** hole killen I can live without..I'd go overseas Germany or something like stay away from Hood what ever you do...
Old 03-17-2007, 07:02 PM

FT Hood, Killeen, Killeen Police department, Killeen thieves, Killeen dealerships, Killeen mall, and Rancier avenue all have 1 thing in common.

THEY ALL SUCK.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:46 PM
12 Second Club

yeah this area sucks big time, you have a bunch of ricers and mustangs and ALOT of wannabe whiteboy gangstas and some others that really are. plus there is soo much traffic you can't get anywhere that would normaly take 30 in less than one hr.plus people love to pull out in front of you. but if you want big stupid looking chrome wheels this is the place. try Sam Houston in SA much better place.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

like that gay blue escalde on post off of BN AVE
Old 03-22-2007, 02:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you could always be stationed in ft. sill, ft. leonardwood or ft. polk..
Old 03-24-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

I will agree Ft.Hood is a **** hole. Killeen is nasty. But some of the best racing I ever had was in that area. Waco is just a hop skip and a jump away and Valley Mills dr is a great cruise seen. It's 6 lanes wide. There is a small drag strip about 40 minutes away that is beautiful. I can't remember the name right off hand but it is a full 1/4. Dallas is a few hours out but not bad if you plan a weekend.
Then to the south you have Austin. 6th street is hard to explain. College girls every where and blocks and blocks of bars. On the weekend they block off the streets for the drunk bastards to walk from bar to bar. Killeen sucks though. As for the field at Hood don't expect any mercy from the sun. the trees are spars and knee high. Sand fleas everywhere and if you do find suitable shade, you will be sharing it with a snake. After a few days out there you get used to the snake.LOL If you have a choice, it isn't the best fort. But the surrounding areas made for good memories, especially in the racing area. Hope this helped. Good luck.

Quick Reply: ft hood guys in here!!!!!