Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Army guys SFC Board

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 04:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1badchicken
Wrong answer Grunt, you need to find out who's signing your NCOER's first. Mine were being signed by a MAJ and LTC. So guess what not everybody lives in your world. Plus you are not in a low density MOS are you? You see being the best in some career fields doens't mean crap anymore. You see you havn't been in my shoes when this MAJ was trying to give me a two two and I had the best stats in the whole BAT, he just didn't like the answers that werent being sugar coated like others would give him. Heck I told him to find another E-7 with better stats and he told me have a nice day and then slammed the door on me.
Oh yeah and read my post again!!! I didnt' tell him to kiss any ones butt, But you know it's like that one squared away private you remember and he had a heart of Gold, you would give him one more look if we were sitting around the table promoting guys, right. Man you must live in a little box if you havn't pissed anybody off and they didn't write you the NCOER you deserved, heh.
Oh yeah one more thing I made mine in 8 and it wasn't because I was kissing anybodies butt either. I was running my own AIT Course with 23 SSG's under me at AIT and getting NCO's inducted into the Audie Murphy Club at 9yrs in service. You see for us the Avg time to make E-7 is 14 to 15 yrs so I must have done something right or maybe it was just because I trained to standard and not time. Oh yeah and I didn't have crap on my chest just some NCOERS with justified Excellence's with no filler bullets.

1. im no ******* grunt
2. yes, im in a low density MOS
3. average time is about the same
4. audie murphy club is just *** kissers too
5. only thing on my chest is a CAB (again, not a grunt)
6. *** kissing is *** kissing... no matter how you sugar coat it..

any other discussion on this can be in PM's, i think this is enough **** from the senior nco's.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel I did enough networking I now the 2 top Senior Nco's in our field CSM Taylor and CSM Battle who is or will be retiring soon..I also know the upcoming CSM's..my records are tight 1/1 or 1/2 blocked usually 3-4 excellence's..I been a 6 since 2002..have 13 years active duty..to a certain extent Im still a young Staff..been working BDE level ammo since 2005 yadda yadda ..I appreciate any guidance anyone takes the time to tell me in order to help with my carrer progression, but I think what it boils down to right now is I guess im being out done by my peers at this point and Im going to have to suck it up and continue doin an excellent job as the BDE Ammo Manager NCOIC here in Iraq and prep for the next board..
Old 04-04-2007, 02:56 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pewter_LS1
I feel I did enough networking I now the 2 top Senior Nco's in our field CSM Taylor and CSM Battle who is or will be retiring soon..I also know the upcoming CSM's..my records are tight 1/1 or 1/2 blocked usually 3-4 excellence's..I been a 6 since 2002..have 13 years active duty..to a certain extent Im still a young Staff..been working BDE level ammo since 2005 yadda yadda ..I appreciate any guidance anyone takes the time to tell me in order to help with my carrer progression, but I think what it boils down to right now is I guess im being out done by my peers at this point and Im going to have to suck it up and continue doin an excellent job as the BDE Ammo Manager NCOIC here in Iraq and prep for the next board..
not sure about your branch, but every branch has their school or position of choice whch is the golden ticket... infantry its ranger school, tankers, its master gunner school, scouts, its master gunner school or ranger school.. everyone loves the DS patch.. not sure what it is for you, but im sure there is one..

Just Prior to the SFC board, My BDE CSM called all the SSG's into a meeting which i also attended. He told them something that might help ya... i dont know.
He has sat on the last CSM and SFC boards prior to this years, and he brought back a bit of wisdom on what "They" are looking for. Again, its all about seperating yourself from your peers, but more than anything, at this current state of the military, they are looking for guys who are working within their skill level (ie.. SFC as a PSG, SSG as a section leader, SGT as a squad leader) are leading soldiers into combat successfully. Im not sure about you CS/CSS guys, but if you break it down to your responsibilities as an NCO, it doesnt matter what your job is, you LEAD soldiers... you train them for war, you take them to war, and you bring them all home.. that is success, and that gets you promoted.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Pewter_LS1
lol...yea well that proving to be more and more difficult as this war progresses...they need bodies and they dont care how over weight and how many apft's they cant pass, or how much UCMJ they have..
This is very true, and its scary. I had to deal with a PFC who couldnt spell his own first name nor the word reflector. He spelled it refcoderd or something crazy like that. I had a sit down with him to understand things more and he told me they waverd him in with a GT score of 87 and ASFAB score of 23.
BTW im not a SFC (2nd LT) but i just had to buzz in about that.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrismcdaniel
1. im no ******* grunt
2. yes, im in a low density MOS, Which one?
3. average time is about the same
4. audie murphy club is just *** kissers too? Great why don't you try it then instead of blasting it. I'm positive that it is one of the hardest boards you will go to, considering it is a majority of situational based questions? Don't be mad if you don't make it past the first 20 mins though.
5. only thing on my chest is a CAB (again, not a grunt) A CAB is a CAB unless some one just handed it to you. But I'm sure you earned it!!!!!!!!
6. *** kissing is *** kissing... no matter how you sugar coat it.. Who said anything about asskissing. So what you are saying is your SGL's where ate up. Sorry to hear that, because my SGL who was SFC Daryl Smalls now a MSG was one of the most professional and hard NCO's i've ever met. I've never know a SGL to be a sham job. Oh and I'm not talking smack, I don't have you use profanity to get across my message.

any other discussion on this can be in PM's, i think this is enough **** from the senior nco's.
I clearly see this as a difference of opinion, you are the one who jumped on the topic again. But any way, Our results speak for them selves since we are both fast trackers. This is what I live by. I'm sure you have heard it before.

“A SOLDIER’S REQUEST"

"Treat me with respect Sergeant, for no heart in all the world is more loyal than the heart of an American Soldier.

Do not break my spirit with your words Sergeant, for I will do what you demand. Your guidance, patience and understanding will more quickly teach me to “BE, KNOW, and DO.”

Speak with me often Sergeant, for the praise and counseling you give me is expected. I am an American Soldier expecting to be trained. Discipline must be a part of my life.

Train me for the elements Sergeant, for I must learn to fight and win in the heat, the cold, the wet and the desert. Those who would be our enemies will use these elements. I must be prepared.

I ask no greater glory Sergeant, than to defend our country and our way of life against all enemies, both foreign and domestic. Allow me that privilege Sergeant, …Train me.

Provide me the necessities of food and drink Sergeant, Train me to be self sufficient, that I may lead the way, and stand ready, willing, and able to protect you with my life if necessary, should your life be in danger.

Train me Sergeant, that one-day I too can be called Sergeant, trainer of soldiers the backbone of the army. Train me to accept those responsibilities that are yours. Train me to train my soldiers to be the greatest defenders of freedom in the world.

Sergeant, train me to be a Sergeant. I shall leave this Army knowing with my last step and my last breath, that my fate was always safest in your hands.

Sergeant, train me. That I too can earn the title of “SERGEANT”.

THANK YOU.”

Quick Reply: Army guys SFC Board