Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Army guys SFC Board

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 08:29 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Army guys SFC Board

Board is done..anyone here being looked at? 2 look for me in primary hopin to get picked up (89B mos) anyone else?! Oh and if you get a early peek at it let me know and I'll do the same!!
Old 02-26-2007, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pewter_LS1
Board is done..anyone here being looked at? 2 look for me in primary hopin to get picked up (89B mos) anyone else?! Oh and if you get a early peek at it let me know and I'll do the same!!
Did you go review your records. That was a great permissive TDY for me and my buds, we stopped off at the Corvette museum on the way home. Is this your first look in the primary. any audie murphy or sergeant morales or Drill time or instructor/Recruiter time. That always helps. I made my seven in 8 yrs and was pinned at 9. Hope i make E-8 this year. As some one told me it's not about luck!!!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:29 AM
Launching!

This is my second look in primary and yes I did review and updated ERB/OMPF my last look my records were screwed so it wasnt a surprise that I didnt get selected but I was ready this time updated photo all awards/schools etc were inputted and replected both in erb and ompf..unfortunatly no drill or recruiter..although Im thinking about dropping recruit packet when I get back to states from Iraq..well I should know something in about a week I know a few guys that get an advance copy..
Old 03-02-2007, 04:54 AM
Staging Lane

If you hear anything about 94Y let me know.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Silver SS in Germany
If you hear anything about 94Y let me know.
If I get a advance look I'll shoot you a PM for sure!
Old 03-02-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Go drill before recruiting. Being a Drill you are in control...
Old 03-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Go drill before recruiting. Being a Drill you are in control...
I have lots of buddies that are on the trail in Jackson and I think they will beg to differ..lol They say the privates run **** there..
Old 03-07-2007, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah TRADOC is rough but as they say I put them in and you get them out!!!!!!!!!!!
I have lots of buddies that are on the trail in Jackson and I think they will beg to differ..lol They say the privates run **** there..
Old 03-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Launching!

lol...yea well that proving to be more and more difficult as this war progresses...they need bodies and they dont care how over weight and how many apft's they cant pass, or how much UCMJ they have..
Old 03-08-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No more PTDY for records review. All done on-line now. I'll let you know as soon as I find out Shaun.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Launching!

Thanks Drew..says results mid March release date online..thats coming quick suprised the unofficial results arent floating around yet..
Old 03-14-2007, 02:51 AM
11 Second Club

good luck, i know how you guys feel... it really gets bad the last couple days before the results hit... i couldnt sleep for 2 freaking days.. like chcken said, its all about your records.. like i have always told my guys, its not about the most squared away soldier, its about the soldier with the most squared away records... shitty, but true..
Old 03-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Launching!

gotta look at the list didnt get selected..bastards..lol anyway how'd you all do..
Old 03-16-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

gotta look at the list didnt get selected..bastards..lol anyway how'd you all do..
What, how many got picked up? what is your MOS, could it be due to realignment? Are you on the Trail?
Old 03-16-2007, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrismcdaniel
good luck, i know how you guys feel... it really gets bad the last couple days before the results hit... i couldnt sleep for 2 freaking days.. like chcken said, its all about your records.. like i have always told my guys, its not about the most squared away soldier, its about the soldier with the most squared away records... shitty, but true..
Yeah, man I will never forget that day. Man I worked my tail off for that promotion, Ever since I was a pvt they called me SGM. It took me 8yrs to make my E-7 and I mean it was tough. Long hours with great results was the difference.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1badchicken
What, how many got picked up? what is your MOS, could it be due to realignment? Are you on the Trail?
Im an 89B..no issues with realignment to my knowledge..they picked up 33 out of 214..just a small MOS about 3k of us ..Ammo guys..I only knew 2 of the 33 picked up and I been around for a minute but not lucky enough to be in alot of ordnance companies..I htink that my problem..well Ill see next year! ANd not on trial nor been n trail..not my thing to be a DS might have to go the recruiter route..
Old 03-17-2007, 05:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry man for not making it.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Im an 89B..no issues with realignment to my knowledge..they picked up 33 out of 214..just a small MOS about 3k of us ..Ammo guys..I only knew 2 of the 33 picked up and I been around for a minute but not lucky enough to be in alot of ordnance companies..I htink that my problem..well Ill see next year! ANd not on trial nor been n trail..not my thing to be a DS might have to go the recruiter route..
No this is what you need to do. Suck it up and go to Redstone and become a SGL. you need to get into the 59th Ord brigade and start meeting SGM's and so on. Here is why, when you hit the school house your options open up in a low density MOS. You see I had a rude awakening when I made my SFC.
It's just like being an officer because that is who you are dealing with now. So leave the SSG mentality behind and start networking. And keep your lane yours and don't let the officers have it. Believe me you'll appreciate it. This is just my .02 coming from the Ordnance Corp.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1badchicken
No this is what you need to do. Suck it up and go to Redstone and become a SGL. you need to get into the 59th Ord brigade and start meeting SGM's and so on. Here is why, when you hit the school house your options open up in a low density MOS. You see I had a rude awakening when I made my SFC.
It's just like being an officer because that is who you are dealing with now. So leave the SSG mentality behind and start networking. And keep your lane yours and don't let the officers have it. Believe me you'll appreciate it. This is just my .02 coming from the Ordnance Corp.

man, if you need to "network" or kiss *** with SGM's like officers do with their higher ups, then it aint ******* worth it to me to get promoted. I made SFC in 7 years, i can guarante i never "networked" ****.. in fact i cant stand people around me who try and cover up a lack of skill with networking.. Im sorry bro, but that is some **** poor adviceto give another NCO.

The right answer is to do your damn job better than your peers, make sure your NCOER's represent that, and make sure your records are tight, thats all you need to do..
Old 03-17-2007, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrismcdaniel
man, if you need to "network" or kiss *** with SGM's like officers do with their higher ups, then it aint ******* worth it to me to get promoted. I made SFC in 7 years, i can guarante i never "networked" ****.. in fact i cant stand people around me who try and cover up a lack of skill with networking.. Im sorry bro, but that is some **** poor adviceto give another NCO.

The right answer is to do your damn job better than your peers, make sure your NCOER's represent that, and make sure your records are tight, thats all you need to do..
Wrong answer Grunt, you need to find out who's signing your NCOER's first. Mine were being signed by a MAJ and LTC. So guess what not everybody lives in your world. Plus you are not in a low density MOS are you? You see being the best in some career fields doens't mean crap anymore. You see you havn't been in my shoes when this MAJ was trying to give me a two two and I had the best stats in the whole BAT, he just didn't like the answers that werent being sugar coated like others would give him. Heck I told him to find another E-7 with better stats and he told me have a nice day and then slammed the door on me.
Oh yeah and read my post again!!! I didnt' tell him to kiss any ones butt, But you know it's like that one squared away private you remember and he had a heart of Gold, you would give him one more look if we were sitting around the table promoting guys, right. Man you must live in a little box if you havn't pissed anybody off and they didn't write you the NCOER you deserved, heh.
Oh yeah one more thing I made mine in 8 and it wasn't because I was kissing anybodies butt either. I was running my own AIT Course with 23 SSG's under me at AIT and getting NCO's inducted into the Audie Murphy Club at 9yrs in service. You see for us the Avg time to make E-7 is 14 to 15 yrs so I must have done something right or maybe it was just because I trained to standard and not time. Oh yeah and I didn't have crap on my chest just some NCOERS with justified Excellence's with no filler bullets.

Last edited by 1badchicken; 03-17-2007 at 11:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Army guys SFC Board