Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

on-base haircuts BLOW!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 01:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
I am about to go get me an AAFES cut as I type.
Me too; My head looks like a Chia Pet. Anyone here get their hair cut in Korea? The barber ladies crack your neck and give you a mini massage after they're done cutting your hair. And yes, this is at the AAFES barber shop. The first time you experience the neck crack it kinda freaks you out.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

honestly, you shouldnt be able to get a UA haircut on base. They should cut hair one way, to Regulations. This pretty boy 90210 sideburns and blocked haircut **** is not regulation. 3/4" taper less than 2" of bulk on the top and sideburns to the center line of the ear (Navy Regs) or fade, is the olny haircut you should expect from a base barber.

if you want a fadish haircut go to super cuts or fantastic sams, and hope your Chief is a cupcake. Navy Exchanges and PX/BXs aren't there to provide anyone with anything other than a military by the books haircut.

Sorry for being an ate up ***** but, youre in the military get a ******* miltary haircut. we pay you to obey regulations, is your job!!!

CMC(SCW) Tom Carter

Last edited by Tom's_03SVT; 03-20-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by danhr
sometimes i think they do that on purpose ot make us all look the same
God knows being in the military is about being an individual...
Old 03-20-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tom's_03SVT
honestly, you shouldnt be able to get a UA haircut on base. They should cut hair one way, to Regulations. This pretty boy 90210 sideburns and blocked hair cut **** is not regulation. 3/4" taper less than 2" of bulk on the top and sideburns to the center line of the ear (Navy Regs) or fade, is the olny haircut you should expect from a base barber.

if you want a fadish haircut go to super cuts or fantastic sams. and hope your Chief is a cupcake. Navy Exchanges and PX/BXs aren't there to provide anyone with anything other than a military by the books haircut.

Sorry for being an ate up ***** but, youre in the military get a ******* miltary hair cut. we pay you and obey regulations is your job!!!

CMC(SCW) Tom Carter
The PX barber shop has 2 different prices, the cheap price is for a military cut and the more expensive cut is a style cut so the PX barber is not there solely to give a military style high and tight cut, blows your theory out of the water. Anyway the regulations have changed greatly in the last few years regarding hair styles. Sideburns down to the lowest opening of the ear is OK, hair that does not fall down to the top of the ear when combed down in OK. (army regs)

You can have many different normal looking styles in the military, not just the ugly *** Hooah high and tight cut.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brad8266
The PX barber shop has 2 different prices, the cheap price is for a military cut and the more expensive cut is a style cut so the PX barber is not there solely to give a military style cut, blows your theory out of the water. Anyway the regulations have changed greatly in the last few years regarding hair styles. Sideburns down to the lowest opening of the ear is OK, hair that does not fall down to the top of the ear when combed down in OK. (army regs)

You can have many different normal looking syltes in the military, not just the ugly *** Hooah high and tight cut.
maybe at fleet bases, but not here at Pt. Hueneme Home of the Seabees....

the fleet really isnt known for their ability to follow grooming standards or MILITARY BEARING.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

maybe at fleet bases, but not here at Pt, Hueneme Home od the Seabees....
Well I am talking about the army, i dont keep up with the navy at all, **** I dont even know any of their rank structue.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I am talking about the army, i dont keep up with the navy at all, **** I dont even know any of their rank structue.
You're not the only one, I spent a little time with a few Army units and they kept asking if we were Navy SEAL (Seabees wear cammies) and saluted our third classes (E-4's)
Old 03-20-2007, 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

You're not the only one, I spent a little time with a few Army units and they kept asking if we were Navy SEAL (Seabees wear cammies) and saluted our third classes (E-4's)
Saluting E4's lol.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Saluting E4's lol.

the question is now....did they salute back??
Old 03-20-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bygblok
the question is now....did they salute back??

occasionally....
Old 03-21-2007, 04:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

honestly, you shouldnt be able to get a UA haircut on base. They should cut hair one way, to Regulations. This pretty boy 90210 sideburns and blocked haircut **** is not regulation. 3/4" taper less than 2" of bulk on the top and sideburns to the center line of the ear (Navy Regs) or fade, is the olny haircut you should expect from a base barber.

if you want a fadish haircut go to super cuts or fantastic sams, and hope your Chief is a cupcake. Navy Exchanges and PX/BXs aren't there to provide anyone with anything other than a military by the books haircut.

Sorry for being an ate up ***** but, youre in the military get a ******* miltary haircut. we pay you to obey regulations, is your job!!!

CMC(SCW) Tom Carter
holy **** dude, first off, USAF standards are a bit different - lenient, if u will - from its sister branches. the hairstyle i have is well within regs, according to AFI 36-2903. my hair didnt exceed 1 1/4" in bulk, and definately didnt exceed 1/4" at the termination point, and my sideburns never passed below the bottom-most ear hole opening, not to mention i had an even fade all the way around, so i really dont see why ur getting all upset. as long as im within regs, im fine. my complaint was that the barber cut my hair NOT according to wut i asked, and even IF i was to get a "normal" military-style haircut, it wuld've still looked stupid. my fade was the opposite of even - i mean, dude...she culdnt even fade it right. so either way, she still jacked it up.

i cant stand it when u old farts keep wantin to push the same "military-style" haircuts for the rest of the military. the regs were set for a reason, and if our performance is within par of regs, then why cry about it? yes, i know one of the AF core values is "excellence in all we do," but im not goin to shave my head bald, or have a high n tight just to please those who dont like the way my hair looks. i believe the "faddish" hairstyle the AFI refers to is somethin like a spiked hairstyle - where the individual's hair is spiked from front to back, or anything of that sort. i simply spiked my "bangs," and the back was so short that it wuldnt lay down, so it essentially spiked itself. i've seen officers with the same hairstyle, as well as NCOs.

and when im back home, i go to bestcuts for a great job at a great price. im just venting at a horrible job done here on-base. the woman totally screwed up my hair. this isnt basic training, where everybody goes in for one haircut. its OK to have different hairstyles...obviously within regs, but still different. for crying out loud - look at the combovers u old farts get. i think those are stupidly retarded, but if thats wut turns u on, and its within regs, then have at it.

bottom line is - my hairstyle is well within regs. dont get mad at me because i have more hair than u.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camaroguy_02
i cant stand it when u old farts keep wantin to push the same "military-style" haircuts for the rest of the military. the regs were set for a reason, and if our performance is within par of regs, then why cry about it?
I'm an old fart and I think a high and tight is the gayest looking haircut known to mankind. At the same time, when the young 'uns start whipping out the hair gel, well that's even gayer. The military isn't supposed to look like a bunch of damn metrosexuals.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

holy **** dude, first off, USAF standards are a bit different - lenient, if u will - from its sister branches. the hairstyle i have is well within regs, according to AFI 36-2903. my hair didnt exceed 1 1/4" in bulk, and definately didnt exceed 1/4" at the termination point, and my sideburns never passed below the bottom-most ear hole opening, not to mention i had an even fade all the way around, so i really dont see why ur getting all upset. as long as im within regs, im fine. my complaint was that the barber cut my hair NOT according to wut i asked, and even IF i was to get a "normal" military-style haircut, it wuld've still looked stupid. my fade was the opposite of even - i mean, dude...she culdnt even fade it right. so either way, she still jacked it up.

i cant stand it when u old farts keep wantin to push the same "military-style" haircuts for the rest of the military. the regs were set for a reason, and if our performance is within par of regs, then why cry about it? yes, i know one of the AF core values is "excellence in all we do," but im not goin to shave my head bald, or have a high n tight just to please those who dont like the way my hair looks. i believe the "faddish" hairstyle the AFI refers to is somethin like a spiked hairstyle - where the individual's hair is spiked from front to back, or anything of that sort. i simply spiked my "bangs," and the back was so short that it wuldnt lay down, so it essentially spiked itself. i've seen officers with the same hairstyle, as well as NCOs.

and when im back home, i go to bestcuts for a great job at a great price. im just venting at a horrible job done here on-base. the woman totally screwed up my hair. this isnt basic training, where everybody goes in for one haircut. its OK to have different hairstyles...obviously within regs, but still different. for crying out loud - look at the combovers u old farts get. i think those are stupidly retarded, but if thats wut turns u on, and its within regs, then have at it.

bottom line is - my hairstyle is well within regs. dont get mad at me because i have more hair than u.
what are you 13....

Did I mention you or the "Chair Force" once in that post.....take a prozac. Yeah, I'm real old too 30,... Youre a real asset your service There are plenty of jobs out there that want you to be pretty, the military just isnt one of them cupcake.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
I'm an old fart and I think a high and tight is the gayest looking haircut known to mankind. At the same time, when the young 'uns start whipping out the hair gel, well that's even gayer. The military isn't supposed to look like a bunch of damn metrosexuals.
I understand somewhat where you are coming from but if you wanna talk about pretty and metrosexual then lets not forget the stupid *** shining boots and pressing field uniforms that went on for years with the BDU. What a ******* waste that was to have to shine the **** out of boots and press/starch uniforms just to go down right after formation to the motorpool just to get filthy and scuffed up.

There is nothing wrong IMO with throwing a little gel in your hair if you want to as long as it is in good taste and does not detract from a military appearance.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

what are you 13....

Did I mention you or the "Chair Force" once in that post.....take a prozac. Yeah, I'm real old too 30,... Youre a real asset your service There are plenty of jobs out there that want you to be pretty, the military just isnt one of them cupcake.
lol none of that was said out of anger, ol' man, so i apologize if that's the attitude that came across. i was just surprised to see someone with such frustration because i use gel.

but no, u didnt mention the "chair force" - as u so elegantly put it. in fact, u mentioned the Navy and the hair regs the USN has for its' members. so, i found it fitting to describe the AF hair standards and simply state that my hairstyle was completely within regs....what is so hard to accept about that?

you're crying because i put gel in my hair? i dont remember our AFI stating anything about disapproving the use of gel, or describing the use of gel as "faddish." if anything, it looks neater - or present a more professional image.

and trust me, buttercup, i know the military ain't all about bein pretty. workin the maintenance side of the AF, ive experienced enough crap to know that it aint about bein a desk jockey.

anyone older than me is considered "old" - that way, i never get old.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

i was just surprised to see someone with such frustration because i use gel.
Well you paid the price for using gel I guess because you got owned at the barber shop.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well you paid the price for using gel I guess because you got owned at the barber shop.
that hurt...dont remind me of that

but now - its FTW bishes! haha
Old 03-22-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

that hurt...dont remind me of that

but now - its FTW bishes! haha
Old 03-23-2007, 03:01 AM
TECH Resident

Screw all that spiking and long hair ****. I can't stand my hair to be any longer that 3/4". I guess it's all about utility; I don't like messing with it at all. I used to wear my hair longer when I was a E1-E3, but being deployed and being with the army for a while got me used to high & tights. (actually a little longer in the front) And i'm over 30 and in the "Chair Force".
Old 03-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Launching!

you're crying because i put gel in my hair? i dont remember our AFI stating anything about disapproving the use of gel, or describing the use of gel as "faddish." if anything, it looks neater - or present a more professional image.
True, but the AFI does address excessive use of hair products. As long as your gel isn't excessive, you are ok. If you use so much that your hair is crunchy, or you look like an anime character, that would be excessive.

Quick Reply: on-base haircuts BLOW!!!!