Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

AF rant

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slilock
Maybe you should PCS to Fairchild and teach the MX here not to act like retards. I'm a 135 Boom and I'm tired of dealing with idiot maintainers.

A month ago I had a bad elevation gage on the boom controls. The boom was stowed but when I turned the AR Master Switch on it read at 5 feet. However the DCC was trying to convince me to take it cause "you can still take off without it." Yeah retard I could, but I can't do AR with it which would defeat the purpose of even taking off in the first place.
ROFL i dont even know wut AR is, but it already sounds funny that someone wuld say something like that about an important piece of equipment.

bayer - holy **** dude..take a prozac lol. i know ur pain, tho. i too, plan to reenlist. my philosophy is - if the AF is gettin so screwed up lately, why dont i make a change, and at least afford the airmen under my command the opportunity to experience the true meaning of "esprit de corps." ive had experience with one A1C who figured since his 1yr TIG over the rest of the A1Cs in-shop gave him the "authority" over us. then he put on SrA BTZ ( because he was very good friends with his first supervisor at his first base), so obviously THAT went to his head. even then, SrA really dont have any rank authority over A1Cs...its more or less a "glorified A1C." to make things worse, this clown made staff his first time - the worst part was, he sounded like he shuld compete in the redneck special olympics. get this - he defended his claim that he's from the "stupid part of kintuckeh," while the girl in our shop (who seemed to easily aggravate everyone) was from the "RETARD part of keentuckeh" - as if there's a difference?? and why wuld u even say that about urself in the first place??? ahhhh!!!!

/rant

why is this thread still going? lol
Old 04-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

AR - Air Refueling
Old 04-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
I'm the ranking SrA in my shop an people won't listen to me at ALL! ONE especially! I was his class leader in tech school, I HATED him then and now I just want to beat the rest of his ******* teeth out with a fire extinguisher, shove that nozzle down his bloody ********** and asphyxiate him with haylon! That guy is such a dirtbag! He doesn't respect authority and won't work worth a ****! I was given an assignment to have these guys help me w. something and he basically barked at me and told me "I'm not ******* stupid! I know!" -All I told him was that the shop still needed to be cleaned. He was still laying on the couch 45 min AFTER lunch was OVER!
People of same or less rank than you see you as "one of the guys" and "who is he to tell me what to do, he ain't my boss", but indeed in the rank structure it is your job to keep A1C's and AMN/AB's in line. So naturally it's going to be harder for you.

Have you been thru ALS? Do you know how to write an LOC? If so you need to start now.

If the dirtbag you speak of refuses to obey your orders, you need to inform your supervisor (if you haven't already) and your sup can't/won't do anything then tell your section cheif, then if that doesn't work, go to your flight chief and so on....eventually somewhere up the chain of command someone will finally step in.

Also I have learned sometimes no matter what rank you are you have to get some heavy rank in there to get a point across. Case in point I had a guy (E-4) in my shop in Afghanistan that had like zero respect for E-5's that were there, it took an E-7 to finally instill some respect.

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
THe guy that's running the shop now is a good guy but doesn't have that TSgt stripe to be a dick.. THe couches are crooked,t he tables are crooked and the danm floor hasn't been mopped in over a month! Even when sed Airman was asked by the ranking SSgt to do it... That ******* dirtbag looked at him and said "Hey MTHRFUKR! What color is my skin?! I an't doing that ****!" .. Yeah.. THat's the BS I have to deal w/!! ******* DIRTBAGS!!!
Then once again that "dirtbag", who is obviously racist on top of disrespectful, needs to be introduced to a higher authority of "you will do it"...if he still spats off, write his *** up and send him to the commander. I guarantee you he'll either get his *** squared away with an article 15 or booted out, there should be no tolerance for disrespect of any AF member.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mr Nova: That was very well said.

Bayer-- On a side note you can correct higher rank individuals that way too. But before anything starts confront the idiot first. Oh and make up some MFR's (Memorandum For Record) too I dont think that you need ALS to do that. Its just documentation. Everything is about documentation if you dont have that then you dont have **** to stand on. Write date time etc of the offense and what happened who was there then give that to your supervisor or Section Chief. Its a paper trail type of thing. 3 EPR's are easy as hell to justify if you got documentation (just a example) I know from experience.

Sometimes going out of your way like that will make the individual realize that people are watching and taking accurate notes of his stupidity. He might not be aware of how serious his actions are. Sometimes ******** like that dont know when to put BS aside and get the mission done in your case something as simple as cleaning. What if you were in a real life threatening situation? If that was the case I would rather have the guy serving burgers or digging ditches in the civilian world. But thats just me. Rank is rank too if you out rank him then it is responsibility to square him up. Be firm but be fair and dont bargain. You cannot give idiots like that a inch of slack.

Im just rambling on here. time for a beer peace!

Last edited by hawaiiboysz; 04-22-2007 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Veteran

It's almost as if rank has no meaning in this shop.Us 3 E-4's at the airfield shop, two staffs and one tech. .. So SrA don't push rank. I AM the ranking otu of the three, so I can't really be a dick. I outrank the 2nd by two months and the other by about 8-10 months. (He, dirtbag) had a DUI in Germany, so I am foggy as to his DOR.

A SrA pushing rank in this shop fly about as far as a cow kite. We were both counseled in Tech school, 4+ years ago, because we did NOT get along at all. It will seem like I am 'crying to the boss' in this instance.

BUT! THe boss is back from conv leave tomarrow (Monday) so things should return to normal. THe dirtbag has already gotten paperwork for being late about a dozen times in over a month. I do NOT disagree w/ that.

I have not been thru ALS yet, but I have read enough of the PFE to know enough to be dangerous. -I can actually read that damn thing now... Amazing. I think I'm going to talk to my supervisor and see what he thinks. I think I have a follow up feed back coming anyway, EPR closes the end of this month (I've had 4 total 5EPR's, so I'm a good troop).

I can't really talk to this guy because tension is THAT thick between us. I can't do anything. He disrespected a SSgt, so I don't want to step on toes. He'll get fed up with the guy eventually. CE is different, it's not really ****, my shop at least. I do have something on him tho... a SEVERE UCMJ violation, but it would also effect his supervisor, and he's a good guy. It was an off duty conduct issue... I'm not saying any more. -It's not what you think.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Regular

Man don't even get me started in CJR's. I am still a SrA and have been in for about 5 1/2 years now. I still don't have mine, and will most likely have to cross-train to stay in. I don't know what the hell is going on, but it is driving me nuts. My flight doesn't give 2 craps if I get it or not. They could really care less if I stay in or not. They don't have to worry about it. They have already been in for years now, and are way past the 2nd and 3rd trem enlistments. They are most likely going on their 6th or even their 7th term. I would like to just get out, but I have a family to think about and my son have a crap load of doctors that he see's. I can't afford that on the out side. Well, thats my .02.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

No offense guys but I need to go ahead and say this now:

The EPR System is a joke nowadays. The AF has given to many 5's to make it MEAN anything. I've seen guys get DUI's and still get 5's. I'm tired of the "I've got 10 billion Firewall 5's" so I'm a "good guy". Unfortunatly, this is no longer true.

The EPR system needs to be updated and the 5's be for the EXCEPTIONAL troop. The AF is a 3, NOT a 5! Same with the SNCO Testing, you look, the average for testing anything higher than an E7 averages 135 pts. The EPR Scoring needs to be less of a weight because they hand out 5's like candy.

/rant
Old 04-23-2007, 04:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Splitz
The EPR System is a joke nowadays. The AF has given to many 5's to make it MEAN anything. I've seen guys get DUI's and still get 5's. I'm tired of the "I've got 10 billion Firewall 5's" so I'm a "good guy". Unfortunatly, this is no longer true.

The EPR system needs to be updated and the 5's be for the EXCEPTIONAL troop. The AF is a 3, NOT a 5! Same with the SNCO Testing, you look, the average for testing anything higher than an E7 averages 135 pts. The EPR Scoring needs to be less of a weight because they hand out 5's like candy.
No offense taken, you are correct. They do seem to give more 5's to those not deserving them. How often have you seen a fire wall 5 EPR written on a guy that talks of all of the outside squadron activities/on base activities and such that he supposidly has done....when really all the guy has ever done is come to work and go home and drank beer/played play station?

Truth behind it is, the AF sees everyone as a 5 until you disprove yourself by constant misconduct and such or if they have a paper trail on you.

In all reality (IMO anyways) everyone SHOULD start off as a 1 and then if you want to be a 5 you better damn well prove yourself really worthy of it.

I don't know how someone with a DUI gets a 5 though.....that one gets me....does the commander not remember a few months ago this guy got an Article 15 for it? Are you sure the rater even looked in this guy's PIF?

They say that 5's are written for two reasons, 1. they're easier than any other EPR and 2. because the rater "doesn't want to damage the airman's possible future by marking him down"....while I can sort of see #1 as being the lazy thing to do, #2 is only shooting yourself in the foot by allowing an undeserving immature person to hold a higher position, and then when he/she finally puts on the rank expecting them to change overnight when they know good and well the person in question shouldn't even be wearing the rank......

Ya gotta luv it.......
Old 04-23-2007, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My old sup and I talked on a few occasions about the EPR system and he says it's harder to write someone a 2 than it is to write someone a 5. I also know people with a decent paper trail that STILL get 5's. The rating system is awful...
Old 04-23-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Veteran

I haven't even had as much as an LOC........ Ever... Not one stitch of paperwork.
I have only been counseled once, and that was for missing a dental appointment back on 04.

I understand what you're saying, tho. There are some real pieces of **** troops out there that get good marks on their EPR's. Even achievement medals.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Splitz
I was there 2000-2004, when were you there?
At Lakenheath:

Feb 1998 - Feb 2001. Good times.... good times.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Someone up top (leadership) wants these new aircraft BAD. In oder to do that they are cutting a lot of jobs. -I kind of understand the logic, but why change what works? F15's are high maintenance, but what about the F16's?

They had us under CJR for a while, then they stopped and said that we're undermanned. We just got three new guys in in the past 5 months or so.

I had to contribute to the thread, sorry I jacked...
Old 04-23-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

F16's are high maintenance for sure... the damn things are always broken...
Old 04-24-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

16's are higher maintenance than 15's by far. It amazes me that they get off the ground. But everyone that I've talked to that works on the 22's says that they're the biggest pos. Always broke and every job is a PITA. But they look nice....
Old 04-24-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I imagine the first F16's and F15's were just as bad though.... With enough TCTO's and crap the F22's will eventually be semi reliable... the AF can hope for that at least
Old 04-25-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

being at langley when the 22's first came out, i can vouch for the fact that yeah...it really *IS* amazing that people with a high school degree are fixing wut people with a college degree screwed up. within the first two weeks, if i remember correctly, one of the bay doors got jammed shut. lol, and of course, u gotta just about turn the jet on just to get the bay doors open.

im ammo, so when we go out there to d/l our munitions, we see some of the craziest things. some of it's user-error, but it's mostly manufacturer defect. i remember havin to work down in oceana for a month with the 22's and some A1C left the ladder up and closed the canopy.....yeah, that wasnt too pretty. busted that glass all over the place. luckily it was mids so they had enuf time to clean it up before daily flying.

but ive heard some funny stories where the 15s break down an the pilots get all pissed. lol.. heard somethin about how a pilot was walkin out to his jet, did the walk-around, started it up, realized it wasnt safe for flying, then proceeded to get out and kick the jet, walkin away in frustration.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
So I was thinking why did I join? This new AF is different and it sucks. I have been noticing that everyone is trying to be better then the other joe and just **** things up instead. Why is that? Why do we need change. Why do we change what is proven. I know that change can be good but as soon as a new guy comes in he must implement base "x" idea and **** up the proven way of doing things. Do the people that work for you mean **** anymore? People under you make you and if you **** them over you **** them off and then they dont care anymore. I haven't been in the AF for very long just over 10 years and damn I seen a AF that used to take care of each other to a AF that ***** each other over and gives you run-arounds if you need something done.
I just left the AF last week (SSgt). Our base (Robins) was full of that attitude.

Originally Posted by Malicious
My old sup and I talked on a few occasions about the EPR system and he says it's harder to write someone a 2 than it is to write someone a 5. I also know people with a decent paper trail that STILL get 5's. The rating system is awful...
I had to stand in front of my flight superintendent and explain why I was rating someone down one box in the leadership line. The fawking clown was getting a 5 on his EPR and they were haggling over me marking him down in one area that he needed improvement in.

Last edited by johnlv6; 04-26-2007 at 05:06 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnlv6
I just left the AF last week (SSgt). Our base (Robins) was full of that attitude.

I had to stand in front of my flight superintendent and explain why I was rating someone down one box in the leadership line. The fawking clown was getting a 5 on his EPR and they were haggling over me marking him down in one area that he needed improvement in.
That's ridiculous.... if someone needs improvement they need to be marked down. The entire system needs a revamp. A 3 should be the hey yeah he comes to work, conforms to standards and works fine. 4 is yeah he/she's pretty good, not the absolute best, and 5 is walking on water(old sup gave me that analogy).... give anyone less than a 5 now and you hose them.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have something new to add to the rant!!!! WTF is up with the new "Airman Creed"??? I am an american airman blah blah blah.... I am an american blah blah blah... It's a bit rediculous. And now we have to recite it weekly at flight call HA!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 01:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EndlessSummer85
I have something new to add to the rant!!!! WTF is up with the new "Airman Creed"??? I am an american airman blah blah blah.... I am an american blah blah blah... It's a bit rediculous. And now we have to recite it weekly at flight call HA!!!
Every branch has a creed but I do agree. THey should have made our creed a little more hard core. Must have been the same idiot that came up with the PT gear that we are currently using.

Quick Reply: AF rant