Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Marines Please Come In

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam98Z
That is so true. Before the USMC, I had no real goals, not motivated for anything. Now I'm a homeOWNER (in my name, not the banks) with more drive and actual goals than I would've probably never had. Best decision I ever made.

Semper Fi
Congrat's on the home bro and I can't wait to own my own house.Thanks for your comment
Old 04-13-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cookba
1FASTBIRD, your going to be getting paid more than any of the PFC's or LCpl's around you, hahahahaha. I cant tell ya about MCRD San Diego, but PI sucked. Sand fleas and the heat. But like said before, its all a mind game. Do alot of running before you go, also get some weights and hold them out infront of you and then above your head etc. We always had to hold our loaded footlockers out when we were getting IT'ed. But in the end, they break everyone down. HAHA they have had over 200 years of trial and error. Deployments suck regardless. Im getting ready to go to Umm Qasr in June. GOOD LUCK
Thanks for the advice and yhea I know i would get paid more because of the dependent's Also be safe over there bro and come home soon
Old 04-13-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what MOS are you interested in? The Marine Corps isn't all about boot camp.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sgt0704
what MOS are you interested in? The Marine Corps isn't all about boot camp.

I wanted to go 0311 but for the wife to let me join I need to pick a job that won't worry her to much LOL. So I am thinking of going to 0481 Landing Support for awhile then change. My dream job is to be a Sniper in the Core
Old 04-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1FASTBIRD
I wanted to go 0311 but for the wife to let me join I need to pick a job that won't worry her to much LOL. So I am thinking of going to 0481 Landing Support for awhile then change. My dream job is to be a Sniper in the Core

Although I agree with the wife about not going infantry, in order to go Scout Sniper in the Corp. you have to have a 03 or Communications MOS (I think its 08 or 06). If being a Scout Sniper is your ultimate goal in Marine Corp, I would go 0311 for numerous reasons. For one your already one step ahead of all the other 03xx mos and the com mos. If you are really interested in more Sniper stuff just PM and I well help you out.

Last edited by six8fbird; 04-13-2007 at 11:13 PM. Reason: error
Old 04-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Banned

Comm is 06. Gotta love Comm. without me you'de be like "hey where's my ls1tech" while in the field
Old 04-14-2007, 03:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by six8fbird
Although I agree with the wife about not going infantry, in order to go Scout Sniper in the Corp. you have to have a 03 or Communications MOS (I think its 08 or 06). If being a Scout Sniper is your ultimate goal in Marine Corp, I would go 0311 for numerous reasons. For one your already one step ahead of all the other 03xx mos and the com mos. If you are really interested in more Sniper stuff just PM and I well help you out.

I sure will be sending you a PM.Thanks
Old 04-14-2007, 03:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Comm is 06. Gotta love Comm. without me you'de be like "hey where's my ls1tech" while in the field

LOL, I will check into that too. I am keeping my option's open.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

You'll be surprised how many people can fit in one ******* stall, how much water you can drink before lights out, how heavy 7lbs becomes after a couple of minutes. All good times though. Mike Co, I was mike when I went through.

When did you go through with Mike Co. Who were your drill instructors
Old 04-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Teching In

Sounds like we got a data nerd here. I'm with ya though. If we can't talk, no one can.

1FASTBIRD, you are making a fine career move. As far as MOS choice, that's up to you. I did the 0311 route for 7 years and it was the best of times. However, I'm single and did not have a family that depended on me. If I was you, I would choose a something that will give you a trade so that if you don't make the CORPS a career, you have some specail job skills that will transfer back into the civilian world. Keep your options open.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:57 AM
Banned

im with gatman01 in s sense. im a data dink through and through. thing is i wasn't before i got in, now with the stuff ive learned the past almost 4 years im looking at jobs in the 60k+ a year ratio. Who would of thought. Im very family oriented, no Dependants just how i was raised and i wanted a trade when i got out. I feel i have picked the right one. I might reenlist one more time, its a love hate relationship.

Last edited by cookba; 05-24-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gatman01
Sounds like we got a data nerd here. I'm with ya though. If we can't talk, no one can.

1FASTBIRD, you are making a fine career move. As far as MOS choice, that's up to you. I did the 0311 route for 7 years and it was the best of times. However, I'm single and did not have a family that depended on me. If I was you, I would choose a something that will give you a trade so that if you don't make the CORPS a career, you have some specail job skills that will transfer back into the civilian world. Keep your options open.

Thanks and my dream job is to become a Cop so I know the Marines will help me get an edge on the other guy's.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Banned

hell just being a Marine in any MOS, you can still be a cop.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Aug-Nov 03, DIs were SSgt. Gomez, Sgt. Lucero and Sgt. Bonner
Old 04-15-2007, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

as far as you having three depedents should not be a show stopper for going active. sounds like the recruiter you talking to is trying to make sure he fills his quota for the reserve side. don't get me wrong nothing wrong with him trying to do his job. but if you want to go active go to another station and talk to them. this is the first time i've heard for someone having to many dependents. i mean if you have 9 then yeah a pvts pay is not going to support them. but get another opinion. i have two kids and is on deployment #2 in two years, but i wouldn't trade it for anything. being a 03xx is great, but if you're only going to do 4 and get out what do you plan on dong after the Corps? that is the question you have to ask yourself first. and it's good that your wife is supportive that's a big plus on your side. i've been in 15yrs four as a 0352 nand 11 as a mech. and 8 deployments later and i still love it. butfor gods sake do something you're going to enjoy doing or else you'll be miserable for however long you decide to stay in our little gun club. just know in 4 years you have the possibility in seeing iraq about 3 times. hope you get to go active.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Tenured Member

I just finished boot camp 2 weeks ago and we had recruites, marines now, that had wife and child so the recruiter isnt to truthful. I was also told you can be any mos to be scout sniper but 0300 preps you more than others. Import slayer you car made me miss home everytime I heard you start it. That thing sounds great.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

Import is only half right here. Not ALL recruiters are bad. Hell, even Import knows one... You can join active with your family intact. PM me I will give you full details. You are better off just going active to avoid having any of those problems involved with the present deployment tempo with the reserves. You will be required to pass the IST prior to shipping to recruit training anyway. Have you done any work yet other than talking to a recruiter? Such as ASVAB or EST test? Run any type of documents or sign any types of paperwork? Are you talking to the PCS in Capitola or the RSS in San Jose?
Old 04-15-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Resident

DIs were SSgt. Gomez, Sgt. Lucero and Sgt. Bonner
I know them. You were definitly trained right.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Resident

Did SSgt. Gomez have the tatoos on his knuckles?
Old 04-15-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i commend you for wanting to be an 0311. but that's like boot camp until you pick up corporal. and you're still treated like ****. at least that's what i saw when i was with 1/5 for 5 years. the Scout Snipers were even worse. until you go to school to be a sniper, you get fucked with more, even if you're a Sgt. Keep your options open.. They say for every 2 yrs as a 03 it puts 4 years on your body. and i believe it. i was with Motor T. and we did most of the **** the grunts did. the hikes, field exercieses. the Mcree. that **** sucks. Nothing like a 25mile road march.

Then i lat moved to a wing MOS. There are good things and bad things everywhere you go. you just gotta work to make those bad things better.

Quick Reply: Marines Please Come In