Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Getting out of Marine Corps soon...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007 | 10:17 AM
TECH Regular

Instead of using your MGIB for college you could always apply for MCEP.. they're now accepting a lot of guys into the program. I'm not sure how much time prior to your EAS you have to submit your package though.. just a thought.
Old 06-16-2007 | 01:50 PM
Teching In

I went to college before the Marine Corps and joined at 21. I'm using my GI Bill to finish. I dont want to stay in any longer. I'm an 0651/51 Data Marine. I'm the Chief in my section of Comm. I dont want to re-enlist. Its not that I hate the Marine Corps I'm just ready to move on. I've already completed my classes and just have one more interview left with the CO. Everyone keeps trying to get me to re-enlist and its really annoying I feel like screaming half the time. It really upsets me when they offer money to stay. If I cared about money I wouldnt of joined its not like we get paid that much. I mean damn Ive held a SNCO billet for as long as I can remember - still dont get paid or treated like one though . My school is already setup I just wanted to know what everyone else has done. Just trying to hear everyones experience when they got out.
Old 06-16-2007 | 01:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nmarple254
You sure you don't want to stay in? The new bonuses for next year just came out. $$$$$$$$$$$$
Yea we finally got a bonus for my MOS. Its like $24,000 for 4 years.
Old 06-16-2007 | 02:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by StylesMcKnob
Everyone keeps trying to get me to re-enlist and its really annoying I feel like screaming half the time. It really upsets me when they offer money to stay. If I cared about money I wouldnt of joined its not like we get paid that much.
This is always something that I don't always agree with. People always say we don't get payed **** but it seems like the people who always say that are the ones who can't save and have never lived without a crutch. With all my benefits and everything added in as a Cpl I make close to 50k+, no college degree and only two years experience. Granted we have deployments and stuff like that which make our lives worse, but that's why we get payed more when we are out there. But I hope all goes well for you at school. Good luck.
Old 06-16-2007 | 02:21 PM
Teching In

My point was I didnt join because of money and I'm not going to stay because of money. When you look at what we do, hours of work, billets, deployments,etc. its not a lot of money for what we do. If I was one of those guys that needed the money I'd re-up for the $24,000. And by benefits do you mean the lifetime supply of motrin?
Old 06-16-2007 | 04:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by StylesMcKnob
And by benefits do you mean the lifetime supply of motrin?
I hear ya, "Well... looks like you have a fracture there.... so here's some motrin."

I guess it pays off to be friends with the flight doc.
Old 06-16-2007 | 05:35 PM
On The Tree

GET_SOM- The problem with MECP is that in four years you can be someone completely different. People change. You could sign up for MECP and then go to college for four years then all of a sudden not want in the Corps again. You have **** going on in your life. And you have no option but to do another 6 years. I always told my Marines that if they were considering doing it make sure they knew exactly what they were getting into.

StylesMcKnob- Don't even get me started on military medical. I'll hold my tounge due the fact that this is an open forum. And non-military people could read it.
Old 06-16-2007 | 08:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1ssdavid
StylesMcKnob- Don't even get me started on military medical. I'll hold my tounge due the fact that this is an open forum. And non-military people could read it.
Just PM me
Old 06-16-2007 | 10:00 PM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

ahhh ****. My mos pays 28k for another contract. **** suckers know money talks to me. I swear to god if I dont get a lat move after this contract Im killing the whole state of Wisconsin.

Quick Reply: Getting out of Marine Corps soon...