Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Is this enough to appeal an on base ticket

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

straight simple and short......at Keesler they will ticket you for having the car in drive in a parking spot if you don't have the belt on. From there it's an AUTOMATIC month doing a jog to work. Second offense is even worse. I've been playing the game so long wearing a belt is automatic for me(including my wife and kids) I even had a five point harness in one of my rides and the cops always got a kick out of those little sneak inspections when they'd stop me. I think "overkill" was the word they always used!! Eat the week, learn from it and watch the vulgarity a bit.......it makes you more of a man!!
Old 07-13-2007, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a Gunny in the Corps that once told me "Your a Man, before a Marine. And should be treated that way." He was one of the Marines I respected the most when I was in. That's what I think of in this situation when everyone dogs the thread starter for his dislike for the rules. No matter his dislike or his attitude towards it. He was a man the day he decided to take the vow to support and defend. And he, i'm sure will deal with the results. And if he doesn't like the rules he won't reenlist. And by you calling him a kid, is probobly pushing a squared away airman to get out. Oh and I can hear my old Ssgt saying now "Good, the military is only for the hard.". Yeah it maybe for the hard, but it doesn't have to be stupid and you don't have to be an A$$hole just to be one. I saw so many good Marines get out just because of the BS. Not the Job, but the BS. But, yes the military is full of rules and you should have know prior to joining. But, it does suck at times. So feel free to complain about it. If you ain't Bit*hing you ain't happy.

Just my opinion.

That sucks that the officer let the other guy off for the same reason you. He was probobly to lazy to write two tickets or have to deal with have you both pulled over at the same time.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Well I guess the Marines is pretty similar to the air force. I've been in well over a year and I've already seen a lot of people leave, which surprised me cuz they seemed like good troops that could do their job well. On top of that I know a few more that are leaving and others just dying to get out. Honestly, I have no idea what I'm going to do. My job isn't easy, but it's pretty satisfying when I'm finished at the end of the day. There aren't many job out there that you can say that about and it's going to be a tough decision in a few years...
Old 07-19-2007, 02:51 AM
Staging Lane

Default In England

They can take you in for having your keys on your person while intoxicated! A week isn't that bad, I can remember when I came in we would just get a slap on the wrist for crap like this being it was on base. Oh well times a changing!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Honestly dude, this whole incident was just a slap on the wrist. today (if i read this correctly) should've been the last day of your suspension. Remember there are ALWAYS going to be way more rules in a militant lifestyle Vs. civilian, ya just have to learn to "adapt and overcome" this obsticle (sp?) to be sucessful in the military. Take as a lesson, wear your seatbelt on AND off base and remember that Life ISN'T always gunne be fair. You live on base so just keep your nose clean and if ya really wanna better this situation, give up some time and get involved in a little base or AF volunteer activity. The shirt/supervisor's will interput this as you knowing you did something wrong and attempting to make better, rather than just complaining about it around your shop....

Best of luck

BTW nice ride man!!
Old 07-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Launching!

your first sgt is your friend. explain the situation to him admit to making the mistake and he may be able to bail you out of losing your driving privalige. do you have any other ticketts on base?
Old 07-19-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rob M
Honestly dude, this whole incident was just a slap on the wrist. today (if i read this correctly) should've been the last day of your suspension. Remember there are ALWAYS going to be way more rules in a militant lifestyle Vs. civilian, ya just have to learn to "adapt and overcome" this obsticle (sp?) to be sucessful in the military. Take as a lesson, wear your seatbelt on AND off base and remember that Life ISN'T always gunne be fair. You live on base so just keep your nose clean and if ya really wanna better this situation, give up some time and get involved in a little base or AF volunteer activity. The shirt/supervisor's will interput this as you knowing you did something wrong and attempting to make better, rather than just complaining about it around your shop....

Best of luck

BTW nice ride man!!
Thx dude, guessing u visited the cardomain page...

Yep, I'll be able to drive on the 20th of July, I signed the paper a little late. At least it's in time for the weekend. What really threw me for a loop in a couple of my previous posts, well I was having a really $hitty week to help explain why i went off on a few people. This whole thing threw me over the top. The first shirt asked if I'm gonna be alright cuz I looked like $hit and he said it wasn't the end of the world and everything was going to be fine and that I could try appealing the ticket. I didn't really feel any better about that. I told him how I hated to have to rely on anyone and that I can no longer drive to the chow hall that is literally miles away and I can no longer lift weights. So i get on here to see what you guys would think and someone made some comment, and it just set me off. Some guy acted like he knew my life story or something....owell i'm over it now.

Originally Posted by jester177
your first sgt is your friend. explain the situation to him admit to making the mistake and he may be able to bail you out of losing your driving privalige. do you have any other ticketts on base?
He really is a nice guy but he couldn't do a thing for me, he said I could try the appeal, which actually started this thread. Nope, first time for any kind of misbehavior.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
We should be able to do whatever we want. If you don't wear your seatbelt it should be your choice. If you crash and die, well that's your fault and you get no money. I don't care what you say. I'm sick of the military making decisions for me. I'm a grown F*CKING man and I should be able to do what I wish.
You forgot something.....when you enlisted, you handed the ownership of your own *** to the military. Therefore THEY OWN YOU!!!!!

Yes that is correct. You are now considered property of the U.S. Government. So no you can't "just do whatever you want"...that's why there are so many rules and regulations against military members.

If that bothers you, I'd seriously not re enlist.

About the ticket, my advise is take it like a man and press on.

I'm suprised your chow hall isn't near your barracks/dorms. That's how it was when I was an airman in the dorms roughly 8 years ago, and it still is that way today.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 69Nova355
You forgot something.....when you enlisted, you handed the ownership of your own *** to the military. Therefore THEY OWN YOU!!!!!

Yes that is correct. You are now considered property of the U.S. Government. So no you can't "just do whatever you want"...that's why there are so many rules and regulations against military members.

If that bothers you, I'd seriously not re enlist.

About the ticket, my advise is take it like a man and press on.

I'm suprised your chow hall isn't near your barracks/dorms. That's how it was when I was an airman in the dorms roughly 8 years ago, and it still is that way today.
I don't plan on re-enlisting. Things have changed too much. Too many stupid rules made, because of stupid people in the past screwing up.

The closest chow hall is over a mile away. I'm also on midshift and I don't get BAS. Stupid, stupid crap I shouldn't have to put up with. On top of that I was told to quit using my meal card when I go to the chow hall cuz I'll get reimbursed when I do get BAS. Well I paid out of my pocket for 3 months and then was told I can't get BAS. I said, well ok, but I want my money for those 3 months....uh sorry we can't do that....do you see why I hate it so far. I'm just some airman being takin advantage of if you ask me. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but this is complete BS. I told em that too, but what's it matter when you only got 2 stripes on your arm.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

^^^Sounds like you have a shitty COC man.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

I have never had to pay a dime for an on base ticket. Why appeal it?

W
Old 07-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Teching In

I don't plan on re-enlisting. Things have changed too much. Too many stupid rules made, because of stupid people in the past screwing up.

The closest chow hall is over a mile away. I'm also on midshift and I don't get BAS. Stupid, stupid crap I shouldn't have to put up with. On top of that I was told to quit using my meal card when I go to the chow hall cuz I'll get reimbursed when I do get BAS. Well I paid out of my pocket for 3 months and then was told I can't get BAS. I said, well ok, but I want my money for those 3 months....uh sorry we can't do that....do you see why I hate it so far. I'm just some airman being takin advantage of if you ask me. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but this is complete BS. I told em that too, but what's it matter when you only got 2 stripes on your arm.
Do you realize how pathetic you sound? Man the #$ck up kid. You joined the military, not the boy scouts. Your bitchin because you broke the law and you got caught, man up and deal with it, then your bitching about buying food, holy crap, im living on my own and i have to buy food, i didnt sign up for this. i guess we should expect a post from you in a month or two about how your going to get deployed, and its unfair.

2 simple rules:
Wear your seatbelt on base
Dont speed on base
Old 07-30-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PotentialZ28
Do you realize how pathetic you sound? Man the #$ck up kid. You joined the military, not the boy scouts. Your bitchin because you broke the law and you got caught, man up and deal with it, then your bitching about buying food, holy crap, im living on my own and i have to buy food, i didnt sign up for this. i guess we should expect a post from you in a month or two about how your going to get deployed, and its unfair.

2 simple rules:
Wear your seatbelt on base
Dont speed on base
I wasn't bitching about me being stupid and not remembering to put my seatbelt on. Maybe you should read it again. I was asking if I could appeal it. Jeez....anyways...I don't think I should spend money out of my pocket to drive to the chow hall when other airmen can simply walk a few feet and they can have their food. I'll never be deployed either so I guess you won't get to hear me bitch about that...

Do you realize how much mileage that adds up to on a car, wear and tear as well. I'm going to bitch and if you don't want to hear it, then don't read it. It's a mile to work and a live half way to the chow hall from work. This adds up to over 10 miles per day if I were to go to every meal. 300+ miles per month, and 3,600+ miles a year. STFU Some guys don't have to put one mile on their car cuz they don't have one. I have a car therefore I don't get BAS...that's BS

And GOOD NEWS... today the section chief pulled me a side and explained to me the situation. It's possible for me to still get BAS. I bet you feel pretty dumb now. Also, all my superiors helped me with this because they thought it was BS too...do you feel dumb yet for trying to make me look stupid behind your computer?

Finally the shirt got it thru the commander's head, apparently that i deserve BAS....only took 6 months
Old 07-31-2007, 12:10 AM
Teching In

I wasn't bitching about me being stupid and not remembering to put my seatbelt on. Maybe you should read it again. I was asking if I could appeal it. Jeez....anyways...I don't think I should spend money out of my pocket to drive to the chow hall when other airmen can simply walk a few feet and they can have their food. I'll never be deployed either so I guess you won't get to hear me bitch about that...

Do you realize how much mileage that adds up to on a car, wear and tear as well. I'm going to bitch and if you don't want to hear it, then don't read it. It's a mile to work and a live half way to the chow hall from work. This adds up to over 10 miles per day if I were to go to every meal. 300+ miles per month, and 3,600+ miles a year. STFU Some guys don't have to put one mile on their car cuz they don't have one. I have a car therefore I don't get BAS...that's BS

And GOOD NEWS... today the section chief pulled me a side and explained to me the situation. It's possible for me to still get BAS. I bet you feel pretty dumb now. Also, all my superiors helped me with this because they thought it was BS too...do you feel dumb yet for trying to make me look stupid behind your computer?

Finally the shirt got it thru the commander's head, apparently that i deserve BAS....only took 6 months
I never said you didnt deserve it, i was telling you to grow a set and quit whining about it on a public forum. You think that you gonna make a post about having to drive an extra mile to work, and not get made fun of? I live 25 miles away from base, maybe i should get 25 times more then you do? And no i dont feel dumb for trying to make you look stupid. You did that all by yourself.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea it is tough **** and no I didn't ask for you to feel sorry for me. Judas f*cking priest. I never said, oh look at the poor airman who got a ticket please help me. I simply asked can this be appealed under these conditions.

We should be able to do whatever we want. If you don't wear your seatbelt it should be your choice. If you crash and die, well that's your fault and you get no money. I don't care what you say. I'm sick of the military making decisions for me. I'm a grown F*CKING man and I should be able to do what I wish.

you ever heard the term, "YOU SIGNED THE MOTHA ****** CONTRACT" we use that one a lot in the Corps.. you can suck it up for your last however many years, and .. besides, it's not just a military thing, it's usually state law too. and if you know an ounce about military law, you gotta follow local, state, and federal regulations.

so even if you do get that job at wal-mart, and you get pulled over for not wearing your seat belt, you'll actually have a fine to pay, and your insurance will probably go up. not just a slap on the wrist.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1ssdavid
I had a Gunny in the Corps that once told me "Your a Man, before a Marine. And should be treated that way." He was one of the Marines I respected the most when I was in. That's what I think of in this situation when everyone dogs the thread starter for his dislike for the rules. No matter his dislike or his attitude towards it. He was a man the day he decided to take the vow to support and defend. And he, i'm sure will deal with the results. And if he doesn't like the rules he won't reenlist. And by you calling him a kid, is probobly pushing a squared away airman to get out. Oh and I can hear my old Ssgt saying now "Good, the military is only for the hard.". Yeah it maybe for the hard, but it doesn't have to be stupid and you don't have to be an A$$hole just to be one. I saw so many good Marines get out just because of the BS. Not the Job, but the BS. But, yes the military is full of rules and you should have know prior to joining. But, it does suck at times. So feel free to complain about it. If you ain't Bit*hing you ain't happy.

Just my opinion.

That sucks that the officer let the other guy off for the same reason you. He was probobly to lazy to write two tickets or have to deal with have you both pulled over at the same time.

if you've been in for more than 3 years, you know, it's true you come in as a man, but that doesn't mean most of these kids act that way. they come in thinking the Marine Corps owes them something because they've joined. and then their attituteds are straight ****. there are Marines you can treat like a man, and they'll do what they're supposed to do, and then there's others, that have to be treated like a kid.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

who told you not to use your meal card?? you always use that ****, until admin takes it from you and starts your comrats.. your NCO's should have told you that.. sounds like bad leadership.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:45 AM
Launching!

**** atleast u get diner chow our chow hall aint open on the evenings or weekends . It was only a week of no driving . I know its over now but had you appealed it , that wouldve been that much longer that you wouldnt be able to drive just because of the court process or if you were lucky and they didnt count that time by the time you went to court you would be driving again, Here if the local police catch you with no seatbelt its a lil less then $100 fine so you got that and the insurance spike which is sure to follow. Just look at lke a learning experience see now you know to make sure you got it on now
Old 07-31-2007, 01:41 AM
Teching In

Well guys I wasn't wearing a seat belt...dumba$$ I know.
Why appeal something when you admitted you were wrong? Thing about being a man is to own up to your actions. The military didn't teach me that. My daddy with his wooden paddle did. Yes sometimes it's good to fight the system and speak up about it's faults, but in this situation YOU were at fault.
Please don't take this as me talking down to you. I know how you feel. It sucks getting your base driving priveldges revoked, I had mine taken away for 3 months. Just some friendly advice.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:42 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another thing to keep in mind is not everyone in the AF gets BAS, it's only certain AFSCs